Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Apr 15th 2021, 7:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by not2old
as for Charley/Chuck vs Bill - as pompous as Charles may seem he has had 73 years of brow beating from his Mum Betty, lived a life of knowing how to be a monarch. As for his bag lady wife, well that's not to be discussed in a civil manner.
I thought his image as a cad and of being unfortunately outspoken and foolish had been rehabilitated. I remember there was trouble over his criticism of Canary Wharf (I think that was it) "Architects have done more damage to London than the Luftwaffe." but that blew over eventually. When he came to my neighbourhood I saw the crowd in the schoolyard and heard the drumming but didn't go look. Later I heard that he went in and ate deer chili with the kids in the Chili for Children lunch program. I thought that was pretty good.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 7:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

as for Harry & Meghan, she is Boss, Meghan getting (the next chess move) consultation from Oprah.

reality shall prevail (think Beckham & Victoria) once the Hollywood lifestyle honeymoon is done, either the Monarch will recall Harry or Harry will do what many of the Royals have done for centuries, finding himself another love interest or go back to being a total playboy with his half blue blood children in tow parked in the Royal digs.

neither William or Harry have the true death wish to be 100% royals ... they don't appear to walk the talk or the walk the walk, other than getting their sustainable lifestyle income from Charles. Royal actors at best.

Last edited by not2old; Apr 15th 2021 at 7:45 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

as for Harry & Meghan, she is Boss, Meghan getting (the next chess move) consultation from Oprah.

reality shall prevail (think Beckham & Victoria) once the Hollywood lifestyle honeymoon is done, either the Monarch will recall Harry or Harry will do what many of the Royals have done for centuries, finding himself another love interest or go back to being a total playboy
Don't let the fact that there's no indication he isn't exactly where he wants to be deter your glee. Lovely young family, one kid and another on the way, well to do and prospects are good. I think they should adopt me. Both my parents are dead and I'd be very useful. We could go fishing and I could help mum in the kitchen, watch the kids when they go out. If they go for it you can read about it in your favourite tabloid.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 9:35 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Don't let the fact that there's no indication he isn't exactly where he wants to be deter your glee. Lovely young family, one kid and another on the way, well to do and prospects are good. I think they should adopt me. Both my parents are dead and I'd be very useful. We could go fishing and I could help mum in the kitchen, watch the kids when they go out. If they go for it you can read about it in your favourite tabloid.
^^^ great idea

apply for the 'caretaker' nanny job in addition to the above having to deal with paparazzi along with the smut tabloids - you maybe end up on the Queens honours list.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
JAt least this time the republicans will have the support of those royalists who will can't bear the thought of Camilla in the big seat.
Or her consort, the would-be royal "Tampex".
Old Apr 20th 2021, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ disagree

the Royals are as f**ked up as any family, likely worse, they can do no wrong & if perceived they have, simply twist the truth or point the blame, having the best team money can buy (tax payers money) to squash any possible harm to the Royal brand.

must be tough being a Royal, not the best job on the inner circle.

as for Charley/Chuck vs Bill - as pompous as Charles may seem he has had 73 years of brow beating from his Mum Betty, lived a life of knowing how to be a monarch. As for his bag lady wife, well that's not to be discussed in a civil manner.

Charles can hold himself as a Monarch, even if its short lived, he's been trained since being in nappies to be King.

Bill on the other hand raised by a torn twisted parents - half Royal, half common man, fed the royal juices while making his way (with a little help from HRH), ends up not marrying blue blood.

My guess is the queen wasn't happy, but had to go along with Charles wishes.

at some point will the Monarchy cease to exist?

I say lets abolish it, all it takes an act of Parliament or a referendum.

that done imagine the line of royals redundancy payouts, the government seizing the Royal assets worth approx £25.5 billion.

what do you say?

keep it forever until they decide to chuck in the towel?

keep it for another 50, 100, 250, 500 years?

have a referendum (many) till they are finally abolished?
I will have to disagree, Harry was never interested in being a royal, cant blame him for that, but I admire him for his active front line service in Afghanistan, pity he couldn't have picked a better partner, someone with a little more class. However William has always been different, for a start he has a totally different personality to Harry they are opposites (most siblings are) William knew as soon as he was old enough to understand, that he was born to be the future monarch.... he has had a head start on the Queen who was never meant to be monarch. but will be similar to her in his devotion to duty, he is still only young, but I think this sense of duty will become even more apparent over the next 10 years or so, couple him with Kate (who is a class act who also understands the level of duty required of her (who incidentally Meeeeagain could learn a lot from) and you have an excellent team who are devoted to their future role as King and Queen.

Just my opinion of course, but William and Kate are held in very high esteem by the most of the British public and they are the future if the monarchy. I personally don't have anything against Charles, I hope he proves me wrong and makes a worthy King, but I feel hasn't inherited the neutral political stance of his mother, and keeping political opinions to himself, also in some ways he is not as in touch with the public as William and Kate are seen to be.

In the mean time, long live the Queen!
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I will have to disagree, Harry was never interested in being a royal, cant blame him for that, but I admire him for his active front line service in Afghanistan, pity he couldn't have picked a better partner, someone with a little more class. However William has always been different, for a start he has a totally different personality to Harry they are opposites (most siblings are) William knew as soon as he was old enough to understand, that he was born to be the future monarch.... he has had a head start on the Queen who was never meant to be monarch. but will be similar to her in his devotion to duty, he is still only young, but I think this sense of duty will become even more apparent over the next 10 years or so, couple him with Kate (who is a class act who also understands the level of duty required of her (who incidentally Meeeeagain could learn a lot from) and you have an excellent team who are devoted to their future role as King and Queen.

Just my opinion of course, but William and Kate are held in very high esteem by the most of the British public and they are the future if the monarchy. I personally don't have anything against Charles, I hope he proves me wrong and makes a worthy King, but I feel hasn't inherited the neutral political stance of his mother, and keeping political opinions to himself, also in some ways he is not as in touch with the public as William and Kate are seen to be.

This is like some weird shit from another century.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by dbd33
What, people slinging mud? Unfortunately it isn't the century, it's the people.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 20th 2021, 8:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd

I'm with you on this Paul! I suppose her enemies have been scattered, going by some of the posts on here

Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful Land Rover he designed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56771164
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:24 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Just know your place man!
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Just know your place man!
<tugs forelock>
Old Apr 20th 2021, 11:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

<tugs forelock>

You still have one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.