Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Who thinks Charles will hand over the reign to William, when the time comes?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:51 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Who thinks Charles will hand over the reign to William, when the time comes?
He won't.

If he does, he undermines the whole point of an unquestionable hereditary system, and makes it one of choice. So I hope he does, but he won't.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
He won't.

If he does, he undermines the whole point of an unquestionable hereditary system, and makes it one of choice. So I hope he does, but he won't.
I agree. He has waited 70+ years to become king. Given his age and the Queen could live another 10+ years...I think he may step down after several years of becoming king. Or should I have said ‘step back’?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 5:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
the Queen could live another 10+ years...
Could, but she'll be a hot pick in the death pool now.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 10:34 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I agree. He has waited 70+ years to become king. Given his age and the Queen could live another 10+ years...I think he may step down after several years of becoming king. Or should I have said ‘step back’?
Abdicate? No never. He's waited so long for his turn he's going to make the most of it.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
He won't.

Agree. He won't and cannot.
Further , he may wish to spare his eldest son the duties that comes with being head of state for the time being. Time enough for William and Kate + kids to take that on.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Agree. He won't and cannot.
Further , he may wish to spare his eldest son the duties that comes with being head of state for the time being. Time enough for William and Kate + kids to take that on.
I agree, no he won't but William will make a way better King, hes from the same mould as his grandmother. Charles is just going to mess things up, he cant keep his political opinions to himself, that is going to be a real issue if he continues to do that when he is King..
Old Apr 12th 2021, 4:26 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I agree, no he won't but William will make a way better King, hes from the same mould as his grandmother. Charles is just going to mess things up, he cant keep his political opinions to himself, that is going to be a real issue if he continues to do that when he is King..
I think Charles is doing a good job. There's nothing for him to mess up really. Just put his hand in his jacket poket, look mildly amused, mutter a few words, and go back to his trees and shrubs. Remember, he is getting on a bit (a lot) and mellowing the process. Camillia on other hand, awkward.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 6:16 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Could, but she'll be a hot pick in the death pool now.
She's not many points is she?

I've never played the game but surely you are looking for slightly younger to really capitalize.

I'm actually glad to be in Canada for a change- it sounds like people in the UK are being suffocated by the media with coverage on this insignificant man.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 6:18 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I think Charles is doing a good job. There's nothing for him to mess up really. Just put his hand in his jacket poket, look mildly amused, mutter a few words, and go back to his trees and shrubs. Remember, he is getting on a bit (a lot) and mellowing the process. Camillia on other hand, awkward.
Stop it!

When people talk like they know the House of Windsor it's creepy.

Old Apr 12th 2021, 6:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
She's not many points is she?

I've never played the game but surely you are looking for slightly younger to really capitalize.
Depends, Rob Ford was my perfect pick; relatively young, famous enough for his death to be mentioned on the BBC, no one else in the pool had heard of him. I won that year. Otherwise vacancies are important, many of the people who had Phil the Greek switched to DMX. They probably hadn't heard of DMX at the beginning of the year but having a vacancy allows for ambulance chasing. DMX, of course, didn't last the required week so all those picks were for nothing. Churn, is important; if the Queen lasts six weeks and, in those six weeks, Greta Thunberg announces a tumour, there's the path to glory.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 4:29 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - bloody Brits and their Eastenders

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56756296

Old Apr 15th 2021, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
LOL - bloody Brits and their Eastenders

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56756296
Do you happen to know the number of complaints ITV got for cancelling Coronation St as I bet those numbers beat Eastenders
Old Apr 15th 2021, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody in Uniform as Harry relinquished that.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 6:41 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

However you have brought up a great point about the monarchy in its role as head of state, and yet another reason why I think the monarchy should very much remain in place, and that is it acts as a very good safety net to protect the state from rouge governments….

My only concern is that Charles will undo all the good work done by the Queen with his voicing of his political opinions; personally I wish the crown would go straight to William, who I think will make an excellent monarch much the same as the Queen has been.
^^^ disagree

the Royals are as f**ked up as any family, likely worse, they can do no wrong & if perceived they have, simply twist the truth or point the blame, having the best team money can buy (tax payers money) to squash any possible harm to the Royal brand.

must be tough being a Royal, not the best job on the inner circle.

as for Charley/Chuck vs Bill - as pompous as Charles may seem he has had 73 years of brow beating from his Mum Betty, lived a life of knowing how to be a monarch. As for his bag lady wife, well that's not to be discussed in a civil manner.

Charles can hold himself as a Monarch, even if its short lived, he's been trained since being in nappies to be King.

Bill on the other hand raised by a torn twisted parents - half Royal, half common man, fed the royal juices while making his way (with a little help from HRH), ends up not marrying blue blood.

My guess is the queen wasn't happy, but had to go along with Charles wishes.

at some point will the Monarchy cease to exist?

I say lets abolish it, all it takes an act of Parliament or a referendum.

that done imagine the line of royals redundancy payouts, the government seizing the Royal assets worth approx £25.5 billion.

what do you say?

keep it forever until they decide to chuck in the towel?

keep it for another 50, 100, 250, 500 years?

have a referendum (many) till they are finally abolished?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.