Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Mar 10th 2021, 10:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
There are millions of black US Americans who are really disenfranchised have darker skin than Meghan,.
So there's a scale of acceptable disenfranchisement based on tone?
Old Mar 11th 2021, 3:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by abner
You seem to view Harry as a passive creature
I don't .

whose only action against The Firm was in failing to educate Meghan about the realities of Royal life, and how to 'behave accordingly'. .
....and that is not at all what I wrote or what I was writing about. This shouldn't need extrapolating really.

Markel clearly stated that she was naive re the actualities of UK royal family life and that she recd no guidance , support or help . She had a top tier prince born into this right there beside her . I distinctly remember reading a short article maybe prior or before their marriage where he clearly stated his bride to be was ready and willing to take on ' the job' & new what she was getting into . I have been searching for it as I know I read that. One presumes 'the job' was explained somewhat. If she is now stating she was unprepared ,then instead of pointing the finger at those that are not in a place to reply, point the finger at the bloke right next to her.

This female didn't just pop up in the middle of the RF one day for a sudden stonking huge wedding moment wedding, there would have been a huge load of discussion , explanation, easing in and the like beforehand.

I am a bit puzzled why her husband didn't school her on titles, security, finances before she gave her interview as she clearly gave out wrong and misleading information on these matters and as yet has not stepped up to correct that. On the issue of the race comment it seems this was uttered to Harry who then told his wife who took that up on screen rather than they both take it up with the people concerned right there and then Most odd .

FWIW I feel , but do not know of course, that Harry was always looking for a way out of being a senior working royal once he left the military. However the issue of funding, finance, security & life's direction would have been tricky to navigate without that because it is earned and not a right, as he has found out.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 7:25 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
In response to claims from Harry & Meghan that the UK press is bigoted, the executive director of the Society of Editors, Ian Murray, said, "The UK media is not bigoted and will not be swayed from its vital role holding the rich and powerful to account." Apparently he said that without blushing.
Well, maybe he didn't blush, but he has now resigned.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 7:30 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I agree, not a fan of his, but It's all about Me-Again as has been all along, horrible narcissistic, self absorbed shallow woman, and Prince Harry is thinking with the wrong head and is as bad as her, publicly trashing his own flesh and blood,

I just don't understand what what they were hoping to achieve, was it as shallow as publicity and money? , . This latest stunt was pathetic and reached a new low even for them. The way of the world these days I guess...... victim mentality is very trendy nowadays.

I find it both hilarious and sadly baffling that you are able to look at this saga and decide that someone is being "horrible, narcissistic, self-absorbed and shallow" but it is NOT the dimwit Windsor family. The same family who will perpetuate and endure all sort of misery as long as they appear outwardly solid. That behaviour appears to me to be the very definition of the words you chose.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
So there's a scale of acceptable disenfranchisement based on tone?
Yes I am saying precisely that. I wouldn't even have noticed Meghan as black, if it wasn't explicitly mentioned. Her skin tone actually isn't that different from mine. Meghan is in my opinion abusing the racism card in her favour.

As said, there are a lot of blacks in the US who are clearly disenfranchised in terms of lack of money, living in rough neighbourhoods, are also clearly visibly black, and don't have the same kind of fame and fortune as Meghan and also don't get a fortune of money for discussing family problems and allegations about racism on US network TV.

I was in irony also wondering if Meghan will be writing a book about racism she experienced within the royal family, leaving the avid reader guessing "who made racist remarks". It would be a similar approach often found in the US, but for writing a book, it takes a bit more work than 2 hours of TV interview.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 12:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it?

Last edited by dbd33; Mar 11th 2021 at 12:31 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 12:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Yes I am saying precisely that
That's explicitly and directly racist, the very definition of racism. Granted it's "Royal Family" racism and not "John Terry" racism, it doesn't imply hatred or abuse, but ranking people by skin tone is exactly the issue here. That's no longer the done thing. In that way it's a bit like child rape. Failure to realize that time has moved on and one can no longer carry on in that manner without a fuss being made is what dooms the monarchy.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

That's explicitly and directly racist, the very definition of racism. Granted it's "Royal Family" racism and not "John Terry" racism, it doesn't imply hatred or abuse, but ranking people by skin tone is exactly the issue here. That's no longer the done thing. In that way it's a bit like child rape. Failure to realize that time has moved on and one can no longer carry on in that manner without a fuss being made is what dooms the monarchy.
To me racism only starts with discrimination to the point of disenfranchisement and offering lesser or worse opportunities in life, this is regardless of your opinion on racism or yourself explaining or citing links and articles, how racism is defined. You just open up your eyes and look around the US. Look how black neighbourhoods look like and where whites are living. And then you see who has more perspectives in the country. Or the whole police brutality in the US. often directed against blacks Meghan is hardly affected by this and was abusing the TV interview for her own aim, and getting a fortune for that. Meghan will hardly donate the proceeds from that interview to help the back community in the US.

I think the interview was somewhere between distasteful and inappropriate and the money which exchanged hands in her favour a form of gross misconduct towards the Royal Family. I am also aware that opinions will differ greatly on this matter.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scilly
She's not a British citizen, although Archie is.

Is a non-British citizen eligible for reparation.

She also apparently let her visa run out, and didn't stay for 3 years.
They are both US citizens and will qualify that way.

I assume the interview was an investment in the brand, so apparently they did not directly benefit but it was promotion for the brand and that brings in mega bucks.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 2:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I think the interview was somewhere between distasteful and inappropriate and the money which exchanged hands in her favour .
What money?
Old Mar 11th 2021, 3:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What money?

Yup they have said they have not received payment for the interview. However, they were able to plug their involvement with Netflix and Spotify and of course raise their profiles through the world.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I find it both hilarious and sadly baffling that you are able to look at this saga and decide that someone is being "horrible, narcissistic, self-absorbed and shallow" but it is NOT the dimwit Windsor family. The same family who will perpetuate and endure all sort of misery as long as they appear outwardly solid. That behaviour appears to me to be the very definition of the words you chose.
The whole concept of the monarch is to appear outwardly solid and strong, that is the basis of it and what formed the foundation of England then later Britain as a country, beginning over a 1000 years ago. This is what royal protocol has been based upon ever since, and that’s what the Queen has always portrayed, you obviously can't or don’t want to see that, but thats your opinion.

The matters that were revealed in this interview are private family matters. as the Queen said in her statement. Have you ever seen the Queen appearing on frivolous chat shows putting on the puppy dog eyes to whine about something she doesn't like and complain about everything and everyone around her except herself? no because she has dignity, and gets on with the duty she was born to do. It’s the Queens’s family that have let her down….this latest debacle being one of them. I think William and Kate are the only hope after the Queen.

Meghan or "Me-again" is playing the victim card, for something she voluntary signed up for, shes certainly not that naïve. Im sure it was tough for her just like it was for Kate, but did she publicly complain? We all need times we need to lean on someone, but I don’t understand the need to tell the world and trash the family she chose to marry into on some chat show….just because it wasn’t what she wanted, the look at me the injured victim stance. Harry is no better, why couldn’t they just move on with their new lives and be happy. This is how modern “celebrity” (and thats all she is a B list celebrity) society operates now, and I am tired of this victim mentality that we are increasingly seeing nowadays, ... .Meghan does it so well, she sure sucked in a lot of the Americans, but then that’s hardly surprising, albeit sadly baffling.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Mar 11th 2021 at 5:02 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well it looks like Piers has a new gig.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/03...coachs-corner/
Old Mar 12th 2021, 1:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Well it looks like Piers has a new gig.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/03...coachs-corner/
Old Mar 12th 2021, 1:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't care less about either side of the argument, they are all parasites in their different ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.