Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Old Mar 8th 2021, 2:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan ......

Originally Posted by Danny B
Anyone watch the Oprah interview last night? This is the TLDR:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56316659
The bits I missed after falling asleep seem to be covered in the article; thanks for posting!
Old Mar 8th 2021, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Anyone watch the Oprah interview last night?

This is the TLDR:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56316659

For a couple that left the UK because they wanted privacy I really cannot understand why they felt the need to do this and air their dirty laundry in public.... its pathetic. Needless to say I didn't watch it.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Oprah's production company made a tidy sum at least on the interview. CBS reportedly paid 7 to 9 million for the licensing rights to air and distribute the interview both in the US and international markets, CBS was getting $325,000 per 30 second commercial during the interview, about twice the usual rate for that time slot.

The interview did bring in the viewers, in the US 17 million viewers tuned in, with a 2.6 demo rating, no other network came close to that last night.

That is just US ratings for the Live+Same Day viewers.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 8th 2021 at 5:21 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 7:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
For a couple that left the UK because they wanted privacy I really cannot understand why they felt the need to do this and air their dirty laundry in public.... its pathetic. Needless to say I didn't watch it.
I didn’t either but I read the highlights on BBC news.

I wish a question was asked about Prince Andrew but I’m guessing that was strictly off limits.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Perfect summary. For once in my life, I'm in agreement with the viewpoint of Piers Morgan who I basically never agree with otherwise. Prince Harry and Megan Markle are the ultimate grifters. What a circus.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
What a circus.
The Royal-Family-as-Circus theme really started when Charles was revealed as expressing his desire to be the Royal Tampex for his mistress, in 1989.

It got a serious boost from Andrew's extended 'relationship' with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, and Andrew's cringeworthy interview trying to explain it all away.

In Royal-Family-as-Circus terms, Oprah's interview with Harry and Meghan barely moves the needle.

Last edited by abner; Mar 9th 2021 at 3:29 am.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:27 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect summary. For once in my life, I'm in agreement with the viewpoint of Piers Morgan who I basically never agree with otherwise. Prince Harry and Megan Markle are the ultimate grifters. What a circus.
Piers Morgan is acting like the most bitter and vengeful woman scorned. His hatred for Markle contaminates any credible argument he may otherwise have made. And to be so hostile to a pregnant woman with self-admitted mental health struggles on International Women's Day shows a lack of empathy that can only be understood when you remember that he hacked a dead girl's phone.

What I have found most disappointing about all this Harry & Meghan saga is that nobody is asking questions about how they can justify the outrageous wealth and privilege that the Royals have, nor the ridiculous system of titles and baubles and he-bows-to-him-and-she-curtseys-to her.

Hell mend the whole lot of them, Morgan included.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 8:33 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

In response to claims from Harry & Meghan that the UK press is bigoted, the executive director of the Society of Editors, Ian Murray, said, "The UK media is not bigoted and will not be swayed from its vital role holding the rich and powerful to account." Apparently he said that without blushing.

Old Mar 9th 2021, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Piers Morgan is acting like the most bitter and vengeful woman scorned. His hatred for Markle contaminates any credible argument he may otherwise have made. And to be so hostile to a pregnant woman with self-admitted mental health struggles on International Women's Day shows a lack of empathy that can only be understood when you remember that he hacked a dead girl's phone.

What I have found most disappointing about all this Harry & Meghan saga is that nobody is asking questions about how they can justify the outrageous wealth and privilege that the Royals have, nor the ridiculous system of titles and baubles and he-bows-to-him-and-she-curtseys-to her.

Hell mend the whole lot of them, Morgan included.
I usually never agree with Piers Morgan, a toady amongst toadies, and I realize he is a fame whore who got ghosted by Meghan on her climb to the top. This is going to be a race to the bottom for all involved. What a cabal of critters.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I thought of you when I read this today.

Piers Morgan storms off set of Good Morning Britain in Meghan row

Old Mar 9th 2021, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
He can dish it out but can't take it. Piers is a self serving toady who thrives on attention (good or bad) and loves to poke the proverbial bear. I think the fact that GMB is available on BritBox is a reason to not subscribe. And to top it off he is a Gunners fan

FYI... a new BBC 'lite' type channel is coming to Canada. BBC First. It replaces HiFi Channel which turns out is the one 'bonus' channel we got in our cable package.
https://o.canada.com/entertainment/t...streaming-show It sounds a lot like the smoldering corpse of BBC Canada.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 2:14 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Piers Morgan & Katie Hopkins are the only two people I have ever blocked on my twitter feed.

When you break this whole Royal drama down, it's basically a huge family argument, the same thing has probably happened to members of this forum. You tell your parents that you want to leave the UK and move to Canada in search of a better life and your parents get the hump and call you selfish. In the end the grandkids get bigger and time heals.

I think Harry & Meghan deserved their 1hr of fame to explain a few details and now we should let them be. However, there is always three sides to every story, Meghan & Harry's side, the Palace side, and the truth.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 2:37 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I usually never agree with Piers Morgan, a toady amongst toadies, and I realize he is a fame whore who got ghosted by Meghan on her climb to the top. This is going to be a race to the bottom for all involved. What a cabal of critters.
Does it mean that on this occasion you agee with Piers?
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
Does it mean that on this occasion you agee with Piers?
Begrudgingly.....99% of the time he is an odious critter. I blame the Instragram influencers
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:55 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Begrudgingly.....99% of the time he is an odious critter. I blame the Instragram influencers
He does get a bit hyperbolic with his views on HM, but in general his criticisms seem valid. Surprised he walked off today. Might have been a stunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.