Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

PR denied for ADHD child

PR denied for ADHD child

Old Jul 25th 2017, 4:19 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR denied for ADHD child

One of those medical inadmissible cases again, but this guy and family have already set up a business and employ 4 people at their hunting property, surely they are contributing to Canada above and beyond?

Family in ‘shock’ after permanent residency denied by Immigration Canada due to daughter’s disability | Globalnews.ca

They bought the Harvest Lodge, roughly four hours north of Winnipeg, and have since invested tens of thousands of dollars into the business which caters to deer and duck hunters and anglers looking to catch walleye and pike. They also employ four people part-time on a seasonal basis.

Known as “medical inadmissibility” Immigration Canada says Karalynn’s condition would place “excessive demand” upon the province’s publicly-funded education system. As a result, the entire family’s application for permanent residency has been denied.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:24 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR denied for ADHD child

Presumably they were here on a TWP before.
I know that I`ll seem heartless to many but the T stands for Temporary.
It is the risk you take when you move your entire life and family on a temporary permit.

PR is NEVER guaranteed until you have the documents in hand
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:45 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to think long and hard before I invested 10's of thousands into a business on a temp permit for sure. But, that said, are they not inputting more than they would get out from the Gov., as in taxes and employment of 4 persons, therefore not actually being a burden ?

Or is this just a jobs worth decision. It will be so frustrating seeing all them Syrians arriving as they are deported. I would lose it for sure !!!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:49 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Or is this just a jobs worth decision. It will be so frustrating seeing all them Syrians arriving as they are deported. I would lose it for sure !!!
I`d imagine those "Syrians arriving" would be more than happy to trade places and go to the UK, whilst the family in question takes their place in Syria
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I`d imagine those "Syrians arriving" would be more than happy to trade places and go to the UK, whilst the family in question takes their place in Syria
They are American I think, I don't think Syrians would like to go to see trumpy
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:08 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to think long and hard before I invested 10's of thousands into a business on a temp permit for sure. But, that said, are they not inputting more than they would get out from the Gov., as in taxes and employment of 4 persons, therefore not actually being a burden ?
So what?

I moved here on a TWP and started a business, employing half a dozen people. It was a condition of the TWP that the business contributed a 'substantial benefit to the local economy'. That didn't entitle me to any additional support or help to gain PR, in fact as a TWP holder I was exempt from any government business grants or initiatives.

If you arrive under those conditions, you have to accept the potential downsides.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H
So what?

I moved here on a TWP and started a business, employing half a dozen people. It was a condition of the TWP that the business contributed a 'substantial benefit to the local economy'. That didn't entitle me to any additional support or help to gain PR, in fact as a TWP holder I was exempt from any government business grants or initiatives.

If you arrive under those conditions, you have to accept the potential downsides.
I guess so, is a cruel world ehh !!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Investing in a business on a TWP is a game of chance. No guarantee of success, it is not a short cut to PR. Employing 4 part-time season people is not going to fire up the local economy. It is not like they came from a 3rd world country, or war zone, Colorado has business opportunities as well.
Taking a chance, then crying foul if unsuccessful, how does that go.

Let one go by, there are sure to be plenty of others once a precedent is set.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:13 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I guess so, is a cruel world ehh !!
In some circumstances, but not in this case. The rules are very clear regarding what a TWP means, and the implications for gaining PR. You make your own decision about the risk involved, so it's hard to feel a great deal of sympathy.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Worth noting that "the chance they took" in moving to Canada was a year before the child had any health issues of concern and they appear to be inadmissible from circumstances that didn't exist at that time.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:18 pm

The whole Canadian burden thing will soon go down as discrimination against people with disabilities and it won't be long before one of these cases is tried in the human rights courts.

“They came through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program,” said Clarke. “They got a certificate from the province that basically says ‘We want you to come to Manitoba. We recognize your business acumen, we recognize your business experience, we recognize the investments you’re going to bring to this province.”

To add, the student won't actually cost any extra to the school as the $$ given to schools is already distributed so where is the burden? (No one has mentioned medical only education wise is she denied)

Last edited by magnumpi; Jul 25th 2017 at 7:21 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

And Trudeau lecturing the UK on staying in the EU is a bit rich when you see cases like this.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The whole Canadian burden thing will soon go down as discrimination against people with disabilities and it won't be long before one of these cases is tried in the human rights courts.

“They came through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program,” said Clarke. “They got a certificate from the province that basically says ‘We want you to come to Manitoba. We recognize your business acumen, we recognize your business experience, we recognize the investments you’re going to bring to this province.”

Doubleplusgood.

(I caught it before you edited)
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
And Trudeau lecturing the UK on staying in the EU is a bit rich when you see cases like this.
That twat was speaking in ottawa how Canada is welcoming to all, he should have added, except if you are disabled, the disabled can do one !!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds on a par to that family that were kicked out of Scotland on the grounds that they had the wrong permit .............. after entering on a student visa for the father to get a degree, and then buying a defunct shop in a small Scottish town and investing lots of money there.

magnumpi posted ........

To add, the student won't actually cost any extra to the school as the $$ given to schools is already distributed so where is the burden? (No one has mentioned medical only education wise is she denied)
As far as the child's medical condition is concerned .......... it depends on how much extra help in the form of aides in the classroom, support, etc etc as to whether she will be an extra cost to the school over and above that of a child without the condition. It could actually be quite a considerable amount over and above the school funding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.