PR cards arrived!

Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR cards arrived!

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I remember doing one a couple of years ago that gave you something to read and then had questions - like comprehension test at school. That was easy.

There were two questions today that had four names of Prime Ministers to pick an answer from. One name I knew in one selection but I had no clue if it was the right answer and I hadn't heard of any of the four in the other selection.

In my French exam at school I described the colour of the sea in my bedroom. I got the French for Sea and Wall the wrong way round.
Generally, I am okay with multiple choice if it's not timed, I can slowly eliminate answers until I have the correct one.

On tests that require me to write or explain an answer well I dont do well.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:32 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

The pass score for the Citizenship Test is currently 75% or more. Has anyone really failed it? I thought even if you fail they take you to the side and interview you to find out what went wrong. I remember looking at some of the muppets in the room when we sat ours and thinking - he's a fail. she's a fail.....Most if not all were at the ceremony a few weeks later.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:51 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I thought even if you fail they take you to the side and interview you to find out what went wrong. I remember looking at some of the muppets in the room when we sat ours and thinking - he's a fail. she's a fail.....Most if not all were at the ceremony a few weeks later.
I read something earlier that says they interview you - likely at a later date - and you get to redo it.

A few years ago I asked some sample citizenship questions to 'the Canadians' (wife and stepkids) in the house and I remember getting a lot of blank looks.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:59 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
The pass score for the Citizenship Test is currently 75% or more. Has anyone really failed it? I thought even if you fail they take you to the side and interview you to find out what went wrong. I remember looking at some of the muppets in the room when we sat ours and thinking - he's a fail. she's a fail.....Most if not all were at the ceremony a few weeks later.
I did that at my driving theory exam

So when you get the letter telling you when the exam is, I've heard there is a web link in the letter which takes you to practise tests/sample questions?

Last edited by beckiwoo; Jan 7th 2017 at 2:02 am.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Yay! Congrats! We're eligible for citizenship. Just need to get on to it. Seems like it's a really quick process at the moment. Hubby is 53 in April though so he's all for waiting another year or so and not doing the test!

If you wait till the rules change it won't be a quick process. Far more people will be able to qualify. If you're eligible to apply now, do so now.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 7th 2017 at 3:09 am.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
But did the monkey pass Zoe? We are dying to know..
The monkey did indeed pass!
As people have said with the multi choice it's easy to eliminate stupid answers.
I remember one question asked " which are the prairie provinces"
Once your eliminated the two answers with Nova Scotia in them and the one with a US state. There was only one left.

I found the practice tests a lot harder than the actual
Old Jan 7th 2017, 2:12 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Citizenship Test

Q1

What is Canada's national dish?

A) pizza
B) burger
C) poutine
D) pancakes
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few questions from one of the samples that I have no idea what answer to give.

Even if you're given something to read which would have the answers, unless you get to keep it to refer to, it would be difficult to remember which years applied to which event unless there was only one sate type question.

When did the British North America Act come into effect?
a. 1871.
b. 1898.
c. 1867.
d. 1905.

When did the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms become part of the Canadian Constitution?
a. 1867.
b. 1905.
c. 1982.
d. 1878

What year did Newfoundland and Labrador join Canada?
a. 1867
b. 1955
c. 1949
d. 1880

Who lead an armed uprising and seized Fort Garry?
a. John A. Macdonald
b. Louis Riel
c. Sam Steele
d. George-Étienne Cartier
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by BristolUK
Here are a few questions from one of the samples that I have no idea what answer to give.

Even if you're given something to read which would have the answers, unless you get to keep it to refer to, it would be difficult to remember which years applied to which event unless there was only one sate type question.

When did the British North America Act come into effect?
a. 1871.
b. 1898.
c. 1867.
d. 1905.

When did the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms become part of the Canadian Constitution?
a. 1867.
b. 1905.
c. 1982.
d. 1878

What year did Newfoundland and Labrador join Canada?
a. 1867
b. 1955
c. 1949
d. 1880

Who lead an armed uprising and seized Fort Garry?
a. John A. Macdonald
b. Louis Riel
c. Sam Steele
d. George-Étienne Cartier

Disclaimer: I guessed randomly as to what I think the correct answer would be, haven't a clue what the actual answer is, and googling wouldn't make answering fun....

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 7th 2017 at 8:49 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 9:49 pm
Oscar nominated

I got my mother in law to give her answers to 20 questions earlier - I even selected Quebec for her province as she's only been with us in NB for a few years, so she'd have a better chance with the province type questions. She got 11 wrong and there were a few guesses in the other 9, as well as me 'guiding' her on a couple.

I think she really only knew about 5. I don't think she had a good education. Not her fault. I blame the nuns for rapping her across the knuckles for writing left handed.