British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   PR cards arrived! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/pr-cards-arrived-889669/)

Tootlepootle Jan 6th 2017 5:11 am

PR cards arrived!

PR activated 22nd October, New photos requested early December, cards arrived today!

Phew!

Now we start the countdown to citizenship!

Thanks for all the help and advice!

DandNHill Jan 6th 2017 12:33 pm

Re: PR cards arrived!

Yay! Congrats! We're eligible for citizenship. Just need to get on to it. Seems like it's a really quick process at the moment. Hubby is 53 in April though so he's all for waiting another year or so and not doing the test!

Reidies Jan 6th 2017 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 12144148)
Yay! Congrats! We're eligible for citizenship. Just need to get on to it. Seems like it's a really quick process at the moment. Hubby is 53 in April though so he's all for waiting another year or so and not doing the test!

Hi,
We became citizens in 2015, we waited until the day after my 55th birthday to apply. I think though they have moved the age up to 65yrs.

magnumpi Jan 6th 2017 3:27 pm

Don't sweat the test, if u can read and remember a few facts it's easy. Most people get 100%, even I got 100% that's how easy it is Lol.

Zoe Bell Jan 6th 2017 3:47 pm

no offence to the poster above but after my test I commented that a monkey armed with a pencil could probably pass

BristolUK Jan 6th 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Reidies (Post 12144310)
Hi,
We became citizens in 2015, we waited until the day after my 55th birthday to apply. I think though they have moved the age up to 65yrs.

I think it may drop back again

Current act: Applicants aged 14-64 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test.

Proposed amendment: Applicants aged 18-54 must meet language requirements and pass knowledge test.

DandNHill Jan 6th 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Reidies (Post 12144310)
Hi,

Oh. They were talking about bringing it back down. I'll have to check. If that's the case he will have to study like the rest of us! Lol

Souvy Jan 6th 2017 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12144373)
Don't sweat the test, if u can read and remember a few facts it's easy. Most people get 100%, even I got 100% that's how easy it is Lol.

It's easier than that. I did it for fun a few weeks ago, about 12 years after having done it for real. I got one wrong but only because I didn't read the question properly.

I don't see how anyone can fail that test.

BristolUK Jan 6th 2017 8:29 pm

What's a failing score?

Zoe Bell Jan 6th 2017 8:46 pm

below 80 percent when i took it

BristolUK Jan 6th 2017 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 12144694)

I did four 20 question samples earlier today. I got 80%, then 70%, 80% and 70% again

There were a few questions that appeared in two sample tests and remembering the right answer likely upped my score. But for that I may have scored below 70%. :o

Anyone know a good monkey tutor? :rofl::rofl:

DandNHill Jan 6th 2017 11:06 pm

I know someone who failed. Think he was embarrassed!!

Failure is not an option... lol

scrubbedexpat091 Jan 6th 2017 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12144817)
I did four 20 question samples earlier today. I got 80%, then 70%, 80% and 70% again

There were a few questions that appeared in two sample tests and remembering the right answer likely upped my score. But for that I may have scored below 70%. :o

Anyone know a good monkey tutor? :rofl::rofl:

I usually get 80% on the various sample tests, 70% was the lowest. But I haven't taken one in years.

Even when I know material, I can blank in real tests, tests and me do not get along.

Stinkypup Jan 6th 2017 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 12144694)

But did the monkey pass Zoe? We are dying to know..

BristolUK Jan 6th 2017 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12144838)
I usually get 80% on the various sample tests, 70% was the lowest. But I haven't taken one in years.

I remember doing one a couple of years ago that gave you something to read and then had questions - like comprehension test at school. :confused: That was easy.

There were two questions today that had four names of Prime Ministers to pick an answer from. One name I knew in one selection but I had no clue if it was the right answer and I hadn't heard of any of the four in the other selection. :confused:

Even when I know material, I can blank in real tests, tests and me do not get along.
In my French exam at school I described the colour of the sea in my bedroom. I got the French for Sea and Wall the wrong way round. :o :rofl::rofl: