Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Mar 13th 2018, 4:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Needless to say I have never come across a moose in downtown Toronto. I miss the wildlife we used to see in New Jersey. One the other hand I can walk to the supermarket, mall, restaurants, doctors, dentist etc...rather than driving everywhere.
We are a 10 minute drive into town, OH drives 15 minutes to work, I drive 20, there are shops on the way home if I need them. We did get moose when we lived in town too. However, still can't wait to move to Ontario.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 8:33 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a long time since I stuck anything up on this thread.

Morning view from the patio of the Hillcrest Hotel, Revelstoke taken last September on the way home from Vancouver Island.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-revelstoke.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2018, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Morning view from the patio of the Hillcrest Hotel, Revelstoke taken last September on the way home from Vancouver Island.
Erms. That's a bit rather fab looking.

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I love the mooses. Always feel lucky when they visit the garden, they've been hanging around for a few days, licking the cars.
Moose in the garden . Moose licking cars

Pics. Pics. Pics.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's stunning.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:45 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

Moose in the garden . Moose licking cars

Pics. Pics. Pics.
Almost caught in the act!
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-2015-03-01-09.21.20.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2018, 12:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Almost caught in the act!
I really somehow sometime have to get me there to see in real life.
I just love that
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:02 am

I really somehow sometime have to get me there to see in real life.
I just love that
Always a treat to see the Moose, just love them. Bit scary when you come across one when walking the dogsters though.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 11:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Spring spin.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_1553.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
Spring spin.
Where's yer snow? Lovely lovely motor!
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:44 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's yer snow? Lovely lovely motor!
Thanks. There's some snow left in the ditches, I try not to put the cars there.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Spring spin.
Nice....I'm sure you're one of the few in your area with a car like that. Are you in F-150, Suburban Country?

Is the steering wheel on the proper side?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Nice....I'm sure you're one of the few in your area with a car like that. Are you in F-150, Suburban Country?

Is the steering wheel on the proper side?
Most driveways have at least one F150, yes, though there are a few Chrysler trucks. At one point I lived opposite a farmer who also worked at Chrysler (most farmers also have a T4 job). He drove an F150.

That said, it's quite horsey and that implies a level of affluence consistent with interesting cars. At the end of the season last year we passed a red Healey on the street, there are lots of MGBs and a later Elan (it has fixed window frames) . There's a rider where the horses are boarded who has a car collector father. He has a 280SL and a Mk II Jag. I don't know what else. Nearby there's a house with multiple Land and Range Rovers in the driveway and I know of a couple of dealers in older cars. So, not quite an automotive wilderness, the local paper often has a feature on a local piece of Americana.

My car, like 80% of those made, is configured for America. It was originally sold in Los Angeles.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 5:28 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's stunning.
Thanks to both of you.

Seeing as it's Thursday I'll put up a throwback to 2016.

Entrance Island Lighthouse just off Gabriola Island on the west coast.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-entance-island2w.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2018, 7:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Entrance Island Lighthouse just off Gabriola Island on the west coast.
That would make a really nice picture to hang on a wall above the mantelpiece.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-fire.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That would make a really nice picture to hang on a wall above the mantelpiece.
Thank you.
The original will print 12" x 30" if anyone were ever interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.