Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Oct 12th 2015, 6:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Yep I agree, I have similar benefits on my 7DMk 2 with crop sensor multiplication and shooting wildlife has its benefits. Ideally I would have a full frame say the 5D mk4 when it us released alongside my 7D with the 200-400 f4 with built in 1.4 teleconverter but convincing Snoopdawg would be an u achievable challenge!! I'm interested to see that you have the 5DS- what photography do you prefer- this is I would have thought best in the studio with a 50mp resolution. I have to say the 7D mk2 was an amazing upgrade from the first version, if your OH has the original then she needs to be spoilt and get the mk 2. Interestingly the Light 16 has similar file sizes then to your camera- put head to head I feel that your photos would outclass in all aspects. I like the adjustable depth of field in the Light 16 but this obviously is achievable with aperture settings at capture or post processing in PS
Mostly the S is used for Micro and Macro, with 100, 180 macro and occasionally the 65 MPE with focusing rail. Studio lights or the twin light depending on subject for lighting. I have a 5D2 used for other stuff. For most of general use, the 5D2 and S show no dramatic difference other than slightly better saturation and dynamic range, although post processing makes up the difference. In close up and tight crops is where the S shines. DOF is made up for by stacking images.

Studio is easier than outdoors as it is more controllable, not to mention there is a table. Used to lay down for outdoor closeups, getting up is more of a challenge these days!

OH does a lot of BIF so the 600 works well for her, I don't get a look in anyways. I just go along for the ride.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 9:12 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Mostly the S is used for Micro and Macro, with 100, 180 macro and occasionally the 65 MPE with focusing rail. Studio lights or the twin light depending on subject for lighting. I have a 5D2 used for other stuff. For most of general use, the 5D2 and S show no dramatic difference other than slightly better saturation and dynamic range, although post processing makes up the difference. In close up and tight crops is where the S shines. DOF is made up for by stacking images.

Studio is easier than outdoors as it is more controllable, not to mention there is a table. Used to lay down for outdoor closeups, getting up is more of a challenge these days!

OH does a lot of BIF so the 600 works well for her, I don't get a look in anyways. I just go along for the ride.
Are you too modest to show any?
Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:52 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Are you too modest to show any?
You have it in one.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 5:11 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

'ere wot you lookin' at!
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1985aw.jpg  
Old Oct 16th 2015, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Bones, Charlee's cousin came by for a visit, needs to put on a little weight.

(My mom sent bones, it's a halloween decoration from Target and is actually a realistic Dachshund skeleton..)
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-bones.jpg  
Old Oct 17th 2015, 1:31 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Bones, Charlee's cousin came by for a visit, needs to put on a little weight.

(My mom sent bones, it's a halloween decoration from Target and is actually a realistic Dachshund skeleton..)
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:33 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
'ere wot you lookin' at!

I thinks they are eyeing up Js's Charlee having had a light snack with Bones
Old Oct 17th 2015, 5:20 am
I need a walk

On another note- guess what, a Canadian physician wins Wildlife Photographer of the Year award..... Sadly it wasn't me

But the winning photo is truly stunning, savage and somewhat sad but God... I hate to say this........ awesome

Grand title winners / Online gallery 2015 | Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:09 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to something a little brighter than examining the entrails of the Harper defeat, as fun as that is.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2258w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2373w.jpg  
Old Oct 25th 2015, 1:03 am
I need a walk

So I am in Vancouver and I thought initially that I had stumbled upon Oink's boat, carefully wrapped in Osoyoos sausage skin to protect it from the elements and it was called " My Nan" but then turned the corner and there it was in all it's glory. A smart looking boat weirdly called. "Naff Off". I needed to look no further.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-boat-2.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-naff-off.jpg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Oct 25th 2015 at 1:59 am.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 3:59 am

So I am in Vancouver and I thought initially that I had stumbled upon Oink's boat, carefully wrapped in Osoyoos sausage skin to protect it from the elements and it was called " My Nan" but then turned the corner and there it was in all it's glory. A smart looking boat weirdly called. "Naff Off". I needed to look no further.
The 7D Mark II has 20 megapixels, and those two are the best you could do?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 4:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That's a rubbish boat. It'll troll much too fast for salmon fishing.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 4:47 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
That's a rubbish boat. It'll troll much too fast for salmon fishing.
So it must be someone else who says Naff Off then...I tell you I wouldnt say no if they handed me the keys. You didnt deny the sausage skinned Nan boat though did you??

Steve you cheeky monkey- I was scaling them down so that the file police didnt arrest me. I dont have my big boy camera, just my phone- 16Mp nonetheless
any better??
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-20151024_160730-01-01.jpeg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-20151024_160851-03.jpeg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-20151024_162020-02-01-1-.jpeg  
Old Oct 25th 2015, 3:01 pm

Steve you cheeky monkey- I was scaling them down so that the file police didnt arrest me. I dont have my big boy camera, just my phone- 16Mp nonetheless
any better??
Much better.

I see by the middle photo you found Oink's abode.

I like the third pic and I had a quick fanny with it, figured you wouldn't mind seeing as you can't at the moment.

Phone seems lean a little heavily towards the blues, overexposed by about two thirds of a stop and buildings leaning in towards center.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-vancouver1.jpg  

Last edited by Tinpusher63; Oct 25th 2015 at 3:14 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 11:44 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Much better.

I see by the middle photo you found Oink's abode.

I like the third pic and I had a quick fanny with it, figured you wouldn't mind seeing as you can't at the moment.

Phone seems lean a little heavily towards the blues, overexposed by about two thirds of a stop and buildings leaning in towards center.
Are you bored?! Yes looks nice- thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.