Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Oct 10th 2015, 8:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I agree with your comments although even the best phone cameras are producing great photos though when you put them up on say a 5k screen they typically look blah- 5k is high end now but in a few years prices will drop- if you want as do most people I suppose great pics to show on your phone then that is attainable with current phones. If however you want to transfer those phone pics to a high res screen which some people will then potentially this idea is maybe a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how the tech of this camera can transfer to a cellphone - it has 16lenses ffs! Sensor size is crucial- medium format cameras produce amazing resolution photos- full frame DSLRs out- trump crop factor cameras which in turn are way better than compacts which usually are better than phone cameras due to tiny sensor size in phones. Whether computation can truly get round issues of noise et is I think questionable . I agree that the reviewer Wong Wong ( apologies if name wrong!) makes good points.
Interesting. Hadn't heard of the 5K screen before. One my regrets of jumping on the digital bandwagon very early is that I have a couple of years of very low resolution photos (200kb, even 60kb).
Old Oct 10th 2015, 8:19 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

iMac 5k- Snoopdawg's "precious" amazing screen though non Apple screens are as good- I use a high res Dell screen- not 5k but good enough and hugely cheaper!
The problem with any tec is that it is outdated and upgraded so soon- you just upgrade when you need to, not just because your " old kit" has been updated
Old Oct 10th 2015, 11:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol , I'm trying to think of the mag that you meant
It seems to be called Digital SLR now. I remember it because at school in a couple of the class rooms for older kids there were piles of mags - Nat Geo, Paris Match and SLR.

All contained pics not seen in your average Sunday supplement, Young Soldier etc
Old Oct 11th 2015, 6:31 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

A mix from Vancouver Island.

The first two Ruckle Provincial Park, Salt Spring Island. Three and four Stamp River Provincial Park and the last one McMillan Provincial Park (Cathedral Grove).
The structure in the lower right corner of number three is a fish ladder. Saw lots of salmon going through the ladder, but once again the bears didn't get the memo and failed to show.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2174w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2253w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2339w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2373w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2427w.jpg  

Last edited by Tinpusher63; Oct 11th 2015 at 6:33 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:18 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
A mix from Vancouver Island.

The first two Ruckle Provincial Park, Salt Spring Island. Three and four Stamp River Provincial Park and the last one McMillan Provincial Park (Cathedral Grove).
The structure in the lower right corner of number three is a fish ladder. Saw lots of salmon going through the ladder, but once again the bears didn't get the memo and failed to show.
Beautiful - tho Salt Spring not officially VI! We were going to Ruckle but we went to Mt Maxwell and the dog had the sloppiest most disgusting poo and we couldn't risk being thrown off the Island. Easily my favourite is the last one
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:21 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your comments although even the best phone cameras are producing great photos though when you put them up on say a 5k screen they typically look blah- 5k is high end now but in a few years prices will drop- if you want as do most people I suppose great pics to show on your phone then that is attainable with current phones. If however you want to transfer those phone pics to a high res screen which some people will then potentially this idea is maybe a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how the tech of this camera can transfer to a cellphone - it has 16lenses ffs! Sensor size is crucial- medium format cameras produce amazing resolution photos- full frame DSLRs out- trump crop factor cameras which in turn are way better than compacts which usually are better than phone cameras due to tiny sensor size in phones. Whether computation can truly get round issues of noise et is I think questionable . I agree that the reviewer Wong Wong ( apologies if name wrong!) makes good points.
To some degree, it depends how close together the light receptors are. My OH uses a Canon 7D with an APS-C 1:6 crop sensor, with full frame lenses this makes a world of difference. Our 600mm f4 is like a 960mm on a cropped sensor. Looking at the images she takes up to any size we are likely to ever use they are not a lot different to my 5DS. I can however chop out smaller bit, enlarge and still get good results. Which I have too as the 600mm does not reach as far for me.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:35 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Aviator
To some degree, it depends how close together the light receptors are. My OH uses a Canon 7D with an APS-C 1:6 crop sensor, with full frame lenses this makes a world of difference. Our 600mm f4 is like a 960mm on a cropped sensor. Looking at the images she takes up to any size we are likely to ever use they are not a lot different to my 5DS. I can however chop out smaller bit, enlarge and still get good results. Which I have too as the 600mm does not reach as far for me.
Yep I agree, I have similar benefits on my 7DMk 2 with crop sensor multiplication and shooting wildlife has its benefits. Ideally I would have a full frame say the 5D mk4 when it us released alongside my 7D with the 200-400 f4 with built in 1.4 teleconverter but convincing Snoopdawg would be an u achievable challenge!! I'm interested to see that you have the 5DS- what photography do you prefer- this is I would have thought best in the studio with a 50mp resolution. I have to say the 7D mk2 was an amazing upgrade from the first version, if your OH has the original then she needs to be spoilt and get the mk 2. Interestingly the Light 16 has similar file sizes then to your camera- put head to head I feel that your photos would outclass in all aspects. I like the adjustable depth of field in the Light 16 but this obviously is achievable with aperture settings at capture or post processing in PS
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:45 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful - tho Salt Spring not officially VI! We were going to Ruckle but we went to Mt Maxwell and the dog had the sloppiest most disgusting poo and we couldn't risk being thrown off the Island. Easily my favourite is the last one
Correct re Salt Spring, but you do have to go to V.I. to get there I think. Unless you have your own boat or fly.

Number three is also my fave of those.

Here's one more 'shroom shot. Mrs_P called this one "All god's creatures got a place in the choir" before I even took the shot.

All god's creatures got a place in the choir
Some sing low and some sing higher
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
Some just clap their hands or paws or anything they've got now
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2424w.jpg  
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:39 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Correct re Salt Spring, but you do have to go to V.I. to get there I think. Unless you have your own boat or fly.

Number three is also my fave of those.

Here's one more 'shroom shot. Mrs_P called this one "All god's creatures got a place in the choir" before I even took the shot.

All god's creatures got a place in the choir
Some sing low and some sing higher
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
Some just clap their hands or paws or anything they've got now

Hallelujah !
Yep, another very nice photo
You can get to Salt Spring direct from Van Vegas btw
Old Oct 11th 2015, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Don't talk about your OH like that!
Old Oct 12th 2015, 12:21 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Don't talk about your OH like that!

But she did! Lord knows what she had eaten, probably a rotting fish off the beach
Old Oct 12th 2015, 1:05 am
I need a walk

Apparently they are holding a referendum to decide to change the name of the Island to Poo Spring Island..... Thanks Snoop!

Last edited by Stinkypup; Oct 12th 2015 at 1:05 am. Reason: I had to let the dog out......again!
Old Oct 12th 2015, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

But she did! Lord knows what she had eaten, probably a rotting fish off the beach
My friends labrador did that, then vomited it up in the back of thecae on the way home!
Old Oct 12th 2015, 6:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Our dog rolls in the dead salmon, and boy does that smell take a few baths and a couple days of baths to get rid of......... Thankfully she shows no interest eating the rotting fish. The recent rains have mostly washed away the dead fish thankfully, it was getting bad there for a while.

Is there anything on Salt Spring unique and worth seeing? Only one of the little islands I have been on is Quadra and didn't really care for that one, but if the others are nice, might be worth a trip someday.....
Old Oct 12th 2015, 7:20 am
I need a walk

Yes- it is a pretty island but I think that we only scratched the surface. There is quite the hippy vibe going on. It would certainly be worth a trip if you fancied a short break. We also had some fun kayaking around the inner shoreline. I'm not sure unique- I love the Gulf Islands- I'm sure that it has some unique features- certainly the dog produced one up at Maxwell peak! Not one that you would want to visit though!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.