Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Sep 28th 2015, 3:56 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

I would probably call it a draw all round myself- Greenhill sounds as if he nearly had his ear chewed off by the dog, I did likewise "because it was cold and windy" meanwhile Steve was probably sipping some local wine whilst trying to stop his camera going into simple harmonic motion on a crappy tripod! Fun was had all round!!
I almost thought about photoshopping the clearly focused moon but that would not be cricket!!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:06 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Rude words:

4 Stunning Images Of Last Night’s Supermoon | Waterford Whispers News
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:16 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Makes ours look half decent!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:16 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I would probably call it a draw all round myself- Greenhill sounds as if he nearly had his ear chewed off by the dog, I did likewise "because it was cold and windy" meanwhile Steve was probably sipping some local wine whilst trying to stop his camera going into simple harmonic motion on a crappy tripod! Fun was had all round!!
I almost thought about photoshopping the clearly focused moon but that would not be cricket!!
...and Mrs P just informed me that "You lot missed most of the event because you spent far too much time farting around with your cameras."

You know, she might have a point.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:26 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
...and Mrs P just informed me that "You lot missed most of the event because you spent far too much time farting around with your cameras."

You know, she might have a point.

These wives with their iphones and point and shoots.... They know nothing!!!
Old Sep 29th 2015, 12:36 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Tried to fiddle around with the levels on this one, but it's a case of more red = detail loss on the illuminated section. I'm happy with it though, one of less blurry ones.

Other adjustments are cropping, and a 200% resize with bicubic interpolation.
Blimey - bicubic interpolation eh- clearly that's what I needed - or maybe the ridiculously priced lens!

Actually this is my feeble attempt....
https://500px.com/photo/21925549

Well, it could be with that lens!!!! Snoopy...

looking in the Globe and Mail photos- sorry, I can't create a link, these weren't great either- the only clear ones are post eclipse

Last edited by Stinkypup; Sep 29th 2015 at 1:01 am.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 1:34 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey - bicubic interpolation eh- clearly that's what I needed - or maybe the ridiculously priced lens!
Small and pixelated, versus larger and interpolated. I think my argument will always be, that the only thing analog about a DSLR is the lense (if you want to be pedantic, the mirror too, but that's just a silly over-engineered, error-prone, mechanical feature).

Software and hardware image creation, by the camera, is arguably interpretation and therefore, justifiably, open to post production.

Not sure what the punch line is here. Are you mad because your wife has more dress shoes than you have lenses? Tell you what, steal her prescription pad (she's the doctor, right? Apologies if I got this mixed up.), and photocopy some pixelated selfies of you and your bits onto them. If you hide them well, she'll have a great day in surgery with your little surprises, and your relationship will, once again, blossom.

Old Sep 29th 2015, 1:52 am
I need a walk

Small and pixelated, versus larger and interpolated. I think my argument will always be, that the only thing analog about a DSLR is the lense (if you want to be pedantic, the mirror too, but that's just a silly over-engineered, error-prone, mechanical feature).

Software and hardware image creation, by the camera, is arguably interpretation and therefore, justifiably, open to post production.

Not sure what the punch line is here. Are you mad because your wife has more dress shoes than you have lenses? Tell you what, steal her prescription pad (she's the doctor, right? Apologies if I got this mixed up.), and photocopy some pixelated selfies of you and your bits onto them. If you hide them well, she'll have a great day in surgery with your little surprises, and your relationship will, once again, blossom.

I like your style- she probably would show them to her patients... She is like that!! They no doubt will tell their husbands who most likely will be my patients! Nice idea though I had to interpolate a fairly low res image from my Canon 20D to produce a suitable 8ft x 4ft image on printed aluminium of Monument Valley which now resides above our stairs- it looks mighty fine!!
Holy bajeezus- you aren't thinking of going mirror less are you?
Old Sep 29th 2015, 1:58 am

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy bajeezus- you aren't thinking of going mirror less are you?
I would consider mirrorless if they put a really good EVF in there.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:04 am
Pictou County Superstar™

I like your style- she probably would show them to her patients... She is like that!! They no doubt will tell their husbands who most likely will be my patients!
That's the point, if you get the pixelation just right and set the focus a little off, they'll all possibly have a great time viewing them, then nod and suggest to her "oh, he needs a more expensive lense", or "if he had a bigger one, you'd both be much happier".
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:07 am
I need a walk

That's the point, if you get the pixelation just right and set the focus a little off, they'll all possibly have a great time viewing them, then nod and suggest to her "oh, he needs a more expensive lense", or "if he had a bigger one, you'd both be much happier".
They would need a super wide angle lens
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Taken tonight by hubby...unedited.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 12th 2019 at 10:56 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:16 am

More BIFs this time on Newcastle Island just off Nanaimo. 18-135 STM again.

Plus a dragonfly, I nailed the focus but neglected to check my shutter speed.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1930w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1934w.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1928w.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:20 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Taken tonight by hubby...unedited.
I love how your profile mouse looks appropriately excited about it- lovely photo!!!
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:23 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
More BIFs this time on Newcastle Island just off Nanaimo. 18-135 STM again.

Plus a dragonfly, I nailed the focus but neglected to check my shutter speed.
Dragonfly .... Not the sharpest image I have seen ! Seriously- mirrorless??? Awful tracking autofocus, not much lighter when you add the lenses -no thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.