Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

January 2012...sun setting over Lake Ontario.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 12th 2019 at 10:55 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 8:22 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Some recent photos taken on, and by, the not-very-snowy Greenhill.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0693_edited-1.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0440-edited.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0673-edited.jpg  
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
January 2012...sun setting over Lake Ontario.
Gorgeous colours. Where did you take that from?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

TaffCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-1085.jpg I didnt take this - Canmore, last week, -45 but wow!!

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-hewthnbwt.jpg Went to Canmore 2 weeks ago....

Ty
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:47 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0591.jpg Highway 1, merrit connector

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0598.jpg Port Man bridge, old and new one being built.

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0621.jpg nr squamish, bc

one extreme to the other over the past week.....
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So whos up for this then

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...yscrapers.html
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:20 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

A weekend ice racing at Stake Lake, BC.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_0009.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_0108.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_0137.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_0259.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc_0251.jpg  

Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
A weekend ice racing at Stake Lake, BC.
Now that takes me back. We used to go to the speedway at Wembley and, iirc, Catford. Olli Olsen (sp?) was the star at the time. Speedway Star and News often had pictures of him going sideways on ice as well shale and cinder. And now motorcycles have come to Canada!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Now that takes me back. We used to go to the speedway at Wembley and, iirc, Catford. Olli Olsen (sp?) was the star at the time. Speedway Star and News often had pictures of him going sideways on ice as well shale and cinder. And now motorcycles have come to Canada!
I used to be a speedway fan too, Reading Racers at the time. Ole Olsen, Anders Michanek, Ivan Mauger were the stars around the time I started following the sport. I never saw any ice speedway myself but several friends travelled overseas to watch world championship meetings.
I still watch the odd speedway clip on Youtube, it's about as good as I can get now. Shame really.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inse
I used to be a speedway fan too, Reading Racers at the time. Ole Olsen, Anders Michanek, Ivan Mauger were the stars around the time I started following the sport. I never saw any ice speedway myself but several friends travelled overseas to watch world championship meetings.
I still watch the odd speedway clip on Youtube, it's about as good as I can get now. Shame really.

Bizarrely, as it seems now, there was a bicycle speedway track at the Welsh Harp. We had bikes with the handlebars bent up and most of the parts removed and would race them on the shale with the objective of sliding wide enough to knock the next racer over. I suppose it was the era's equivalent of skate boarding or BMX only without all that garish and effeminate safety equipment. And with no spandex!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Bizarrely, as it seems now, there was a bicycle speedway track at the Welsh Harp. We had bikes with the handlebars bent up and most of the parts removed and would race them on the shale with the objective of sliding wide enough to knock the next racer over. I suppose it was the era's equivalent of skate boarding or BMX only without all that garish and effeminate safety equipment. And with no spandex!
A bit like this perhaps, although I was a little older in the 70s than the lads shown here.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-vqemm.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 1:07 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Groundhog day in Nanaimo ... looks like spring is on the way
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-p1110503.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-p1110492.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:48 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Went skiing today at Sunshine .... lived up to it's name!!
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-398648_10150514781700493_692155492_9193649_1015560249_n.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-422785_10150515199315493_692155492_9195588_1599435805_n.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Went skiing today at Sunshine .... lived up to it's name!!
Nice, and my new wallpaper
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:44 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking this is probably the mildest winter since I've been here
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2856.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2880.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_2884.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.