Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by dbd33
A typical haul from the cheese shop. They had Wensleydale as well but it was pointed out that that is commonplace "sure, you can get that in Loblaws".
Shock....you bought cheese that was measured in grams.....what next...temps in degrees centigrade
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Shock....you bought cheese that was measured in grams.....what next...temps in degrees centigrade
<sigh> I wondered about posting the picture because I thought someone might fuss over that. It wasn't, of course, measured out in grams. I know a Canadian might ask for something as prissy as 842 megagrams of cheese but no Canadians were involved in this transaction. Cheese in Toronto is either sold by the approximate measure "about a quarter of that round" or by the pound. All pricing in the shop, the competing shops and the supermarkets is displayed "per pound". This is the case even for cheeses, such as the raclet in the picture, that originate in metric countries. Dual scales are used so that the government can inspect, and labels can be printed, in metric, while people not employed by the government go about their business in lbs and ozs.

It was 12 degrees at the time of the purchase, though it being a temperature below freezing, I would usually express that in centrigade, keeping farenheit for temperatures in nice places.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant future

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-thomas-pictures-107.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc05007.jpg  
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thomasst
Ah, cute. My MIL thought it rather odd when we said we had a cardinal living in the hedge at the bottom of the garden.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the cheese pictures Dbd.

Took this today whilst skiing in the sunshine at Big White.

Then there is the cat just logging in on his laptop

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to say the last ones that I took were on our holiday but true to the form of the thread title - the last ones were actually just after we got back.

The first one obviously the dog / porcupine interface. The second is the aftermath of a week in a hot country and coming home to foot and a half of snow up the drive.

(Both taken with somethingorotherpointandclickcrappycamera)
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-006.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-026.jpg  
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:20 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'd love to say the last ones that I took were on our holiday but true to the form of the thread title - the last ones were actually just after we got back.

The first one obviously the dog / porcupine interface. The second is the aftermath of a week in a hot country and coming home to foot and a half of snow up the drive.

(Both taken with somethingorotherpointandclickcrappycamera)
Your poor puppy
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:41 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

took two hours to remove them, he finally gave up and lay down and just let me pull em out!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:08 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Last few we downloaded
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc03547.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc03831.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc03855.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc03867.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc03872.jpg  

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:40 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance we can just stick to the thread title, and take chatter to the other threads?

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Any chance we can just stick to the thread title, and take chatter to the other threads?

The banter is critical. It gives context and value to the images presented. Without it, where's the interest in these snaps?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh> I wondered about posting the picture because I thought someone might fuss over that. It wasn't, of course, measured out in grams. I know a Canadian might ask for something as prissy as 842 megagrams of cheese but no Canadians were involved in this transaction.
Just wanted to razz you as I know you are so anti-metric. My experience has been that the imperial holdouts are often true blue cradles.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Just wanted to razz you as I know you are so anti-metric.

I know but I truly don't have much occassion to use metric. Yesterday, fro example, we went from the market to Costco where crab legs were $49.99. At first I thought that was outrageous but then I realised they were metric crabs. I might have bought some but I didn't have a calculator and so couldn't work out how that compared to the various fish stands we'd just left; a sale lost for using measures not standard to the industry.

The cheese guy is Greek, like most sellers in the market he came from a metric country then had learn imperial as well as dozens and baker's dozens and all the rest to sell in Canada.

Just to keep us on topic, here's a new picture.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-picture-1059.jpg  
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to keep us on topic, here's a new picture.
Looks tasty...is that prosciutto I see in a package on the right.

The construction industry in the Toronto area is very similar with many of the original labourers from Italy or Portugal who came here, had to learn feet and inches at the same time as english. The drawings may all be in metres, but the materials are generally ordered in feet/pounds etc.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:32 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

View from my portacabin window, taken 5 minutes ago.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc00405.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-dsc00406.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.