Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:31 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I agree- I have to use my PC if I want to attach more than one- doesn't seem to want to work on phone or iPad if you upoad more than 1

Lovely Sunsets and great views Bananahammock- is that Oink's old boat?
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have had the same problem for at least 3 years. If you try to attach a second image it cancels out the first.
Thanks peeps, I'll use the PC next time
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:34 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful. Is that where you live?

When using my iPad I can only attach one pic.
The first one is where I live (although I don't have a view like that!) the one of Oinks boat (according to Stinky ) is about 20k south

Last edited by bananahammock; Jan 13th 2016 at 1:36 am.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
The first one is where I live (although I don't have a view like that!) the one of Oinks boat (according to Stinky ) is about 20k south
You've met that hunk a hunk of burning love Oink?
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Anticipation . His legs are of myth and legend.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Anticipation . His legs are of myth and legend.

Leg ends?!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Generally not a fan of sunset photos, but those are really good, especially the first one. For some reason I always think of Maple Ridge as flat, but you seem to be at some elevation.
Only a little bit elevated - our deck is only approx 90m above sea level, just above the valley bottom and most of Maple Ridge, which is about 20-30m above sea level.

Our subdivision is basically the bottom of Golden Ears Mountain.

That small elevation above the valley bottom, plus our house having unobstructed views (apart from a few roof tops below us) and an unusual non-grid street (back of house faces south west) gives us stunning views over almost 150 degrees of the valley, from the North Shore Mountains around to just short of Mount Baker and about 80-90 miles into the distance on a clear day!

My Nikon Coolpix P510 (one of those idiot-proof superzoom jobbies) lives on a table by the door onto the deck....

The view sold the house to us!

Last edited by withabix; Jan 13th 2016 at 4:45 am.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 3:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the ankle, and partial hand, of a colleague (technically an independent subcontractor rather than a colleague).

It's the most recent picture I've taken.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-foot.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2016, 3:49 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
This is the ankle, and partial hand, of a colleague (technically an independent subcontractor rather than a colleague).

It's the most recent picture I've taken.
Very appropriate for Tootle's comment
Oh.. was the sun setting when the photo was taken? we need consistency as sunsets seem to be the order of the day- I think to keep Shard happy!

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 13th 2016 at 4:09 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:01 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.. was the sun setting when the photo was taken? we need consistency as sunsets seem to be the order of the day- I think to keep Shard happy!
I am biting my tongue, believe me. DBD's bizarre contributions is some welcome relief.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 5:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The sun was not setting, not here anyway, I suppose it was setting somewhere over the remains of the Empire. The picture was taken around nine this morning.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 5:23 am
Bristolish expat

Only in my dreams!
Old Jan 15th 2016, 4:06 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

For Shard ... coz I know you love them

Taken this evening on the way home and at home
Samsung S6 snaps

I will rephrase that, that jetty is not ours!! Home photo 1st then view from the beach
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-fullsizerender-3-.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-fullsizerender-1-.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-fullsizerender-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 15th 2016 at 4:11 am.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 4:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Samsung S6 snaps

I will rephrase that, that jetty is not ours!! Home photo 1st then view from the beach
Stunning.

I am most envious.

Old Jan 15th 2016, 6:37 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Stunning.

I am most envious.

As you know you have an invite to the Kennels any time you like-we will open a new bag of kibble and some wine!!
Old Jan 15th 2016, 4:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Samsung S6 snaps

First one, gorgeous. Love those colours. Second two, good composition, but on subject, meh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.