Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Sep 17th 2015, 10:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Maybe it was the empire state building? It was one of the 2 as those were the only 2 buildings I went into while in New York, could have confused which one had it.
I'm pretty sure the WTC didn't have one. I've been up the WTC many times and haven't seen a glass floor. The shape of the buildings wouldn't have allowed for it.

Haven't seen one on the ESB either. Again the shape of the building doesn't allow for it. The ESB gets narrower and narrower the higher you go.

The glass floor must overhang the building/structure...so that you can see the ground below. For example...the glass floor in Toronto's CN Tower overhangs the structure of the tower.

The Sears Tower in Chicago has a glass viewing deck...it has been built onto the side of the building...thus overhanging the entire side of the building,
Old Sep 18th 2015, 12:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm pretty sure the WTC didn't have one. I've been up the WTC many times and haven't seen a glass floor. The shape of the buildings wouldn't have allowed for it.

Haven't seen one on the ESB either. Again the shape of the building doesn't allow for it. The ESB gets narrower and narrower the higher you go.

The glass floor must overhang the building/structure...so that you can see the ground below. For example...the glass floor in Toronto's CN Tower overhangs the structure of the tower.

The Sears Tower in Chicago has a glass viewing deck...it has been built onto the side of the building...thus overhanging the entire side of the building,
Maybe it was a window at an angle? I've only ever been to the top of those 2 buildings, and I remember looking down towards the street which seemed as if you'd go right down..lol Maybe my memory is more shot then I thought it was...lol

Too long ago to have a clear memory of it all.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 1:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the one in the CN Tower.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:37 am
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Stopped by Sproat Lake on the way out to Tofino. Not the best angle but I'm not complaining.

This is the Philippine Mars, it was supposed to have been flown to the National Naval Aviation Museum at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida in November 2012. It was to be used as a static display. I have no idea why it is still at Sproat Lake.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1364w.jpg  

Last edited by Tinpusher63; Sep 18th 2015 at 3:36 am.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:23 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Stopped by Sproat Lake on the way out to Tofino. Not the best angle but I'm not complaining.

This is the Philippine Mars, it was supposed to have been flown to the National Naval Aviation Museum at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida in November 2012. It was to be used as a static display. I have no idea why it is still at Sproat Lake.
Interesting photo
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Most up to date article.

Philippine Mars back on the water - Alberni Valley News

I know they had some issues with Ottawa who didn't want the plane to go to the US, but that seems to be resolved and they are aiming for a mid 2016 delivery to the museum according to the article.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 1:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This is the Philippine Mars
Didn't Sly Stallone fly that in The Expendables?
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:17 pm

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Didn't Sly Stallone fly that in The Expendables?
Short answer, no. What he flew looked like a PBY, it's only a twin engine.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:19 pm

I had no idea the folks in Ucluelet were so accommodating.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1510w.jpg  
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

I had no idea the folks in Ucluelet were so accommodating.
Maybe it's to trick the bears, oh man another hash can, no food here....
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-12043203_10153093195316806_836549455552451797_n.jpg
Old Sep 18th 2015, 10:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Your shirt is on the wrong way around.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 11:18 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
It definitely is a great place to go if you can get there, at least you are on the right side of the country! Make a big cardboard surfboard, get the ferry across then thumb a lift for free! You might need to use the "surfboard" as shelter once you get there, as Tinpusher suggests the weather can be a bit feisty!!

We trashed a camcorder on a whale watching trip- drowned it basically so take a souwester too!!
Tofino (& Kennedy lake) in good weather, last month ... have a great time Steve
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_9967.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_9696.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_9791.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_9734.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_9817.jpg  

Old Sep 18th 2015, 11:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Short answer, no. What he flew looked like a PBY, it's only a twin engine.
Not quite as old as a PBY (Canso in Canada), it was an Albatross (HU-16). When I worked up north in '72 we had freight flown up in Cansos.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 12:21 am

Oh my!!!
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-oh-my.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.