Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

I took pictures of making chile verde yesterday and salsa roja today.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img754.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img752.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img738.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img736.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Today our packers arrived and have made short work of boxing our worldly goods. This is just day one of four and a half days scheduled for the wrapping and packing!
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-imag0905.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, that looks so familiar.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Grass. Mown.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0878.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:55 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember to give WHO a call if you hear of some new equine-avian flu virus in the area...

Originally Posted by dbd33
Grass. Mown.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Just remember to give WHO a call if you hear of some new equine-avian flu virus in the area...
Well yes, somewhere in there are nine chickens, or parts thereof.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Borscht, chili, and the squirrel that shares the walnut tree.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-pics-001.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-pics-006.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-pics-002.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-pics-003.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-pics-004.jpg  

Old Jul 26th 2013, 10:12 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Dozens of these guys in our back yard this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1074a.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_1075a.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:03 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

This little baby lives in my garden and sleeps in my flower bed
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-image.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:16 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Awwww, that's a late one, still wearing spots this time of year! They (as well as Dbd33's poultry) are at serious risk of getting baled along with the alfalfa when the does hide them there.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:40 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Awwww, that's a late one, still wearing spots this time of year! They (as well as Dbd33's poultry) are at serious risk of getting baled along with the alfalfa when the does hide them there.
I haven't seen the mother at all and the fawn has been here for weeks. There is a few acres of woodland around our house. Fearing it was lost, I looked online and read that the mother is staying away to help keep her fawn safe from predators since they have no scent to attract predators themselves. I hope that's what has happened. It looks well fed.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 2:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I've never heard of a deer leaving a fawn that long in someone's yard, returning to feed it each night, but I certainly don't know everything. One gave birth outside my trailer at the beach one night, left it for about 3 hours, I suppose, (they go to discharge the afterbirth away from their fawn because of predators) then came and got it before sunrise. Maybe the doe just recognizes a great safe place until baby can keep up. I think that scent-free status is gone after a day or two and if it looks healthy mom must be visiting.
My Uncle spotted this one and saved it from being run over by the combine, he kept it in the barn until hunting season was over and let it go. I can remember playing with this deer in the farmyard, and I thought it was big... perspective is everything! Look at the spots on it! The date on the back of the pic is 1959, and since we used to take time using film I was probably 4. I tell people this is me with my first deer.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-my-first-deer.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 27th 2013 at 2:59 am.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:15 am
Scottish Canuck

Originally Posted by caretaker
I've never heard of a deer leaving a fawn that long in someone's yard, returning to feed it each night, but I certainly don't know everything. One gave birth outside my trailer at the beach one night, left it for about 3 hours, I suppose, (they go to discharge the afterbirth away from their fawn because of predators) then came and got it before sunrise. Maybe the doe just recognizes a great safe place until baby can keep up. I think that scent-free status is gone after a day or two and if it looks healthy mom must be visiting.
My Uncle spotted this one and saved it from being run over by the combine, he kept it in the barn until hunting season was over and let it go. I can remember playing with this deer in the farmyard, and I thought it was big... perspective is everything! Look at the spots on it! The date on the back of the pic is 1959, and since we used to take time using film I was probably 4. I tell people this is me with my first deer.
There are a few different spots around the garden the fawn sleeps, the closest one being against the corner of our house amongst bushes. Groups of deer are often in our garden and they just look at us if we go outside. Strategy enough, we have seen no adult deer for a month or two, just the fawn. We live within town boundaries.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 12:06 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Grass. Mown.
Idyllic (but not very Camdenesque)!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 12:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cookie
There are a few different spots around the garden the fawn sleeps, the closest one being against the corner of our house amongst bushes. Groups of deer are often in our garden and they just look at us if we go outside. Strategy enough, we have seen no adult deer for a month or two, just the fawn. We live within town boundaries.
Since they're mostly nocturnal you might not see them, so they're probably still coming aaround. If so your baby will probably trot off with them soon. If it's own momma isn't around another one should adopt it, I've seen that a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.