Poolking

Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:35 pm
Made in the UK

poolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud of
Default Poolking

Okay so I couldn't think of an original title, hey but that's me totally unoriginal some of you make have been thinking for a while, who the hell am I and why I have suddenly appeared in your forum?

For one I like the nice friendly banter that goes on in this part of BE.

The second reason is as most of you posting on here is to eventually move to Canada. I have been looking on and off for a few years now and more and more I like the prospect, so now time to save up some readies and come out for a trip. I have been reading with great interest all of your stories and none of your comments have put me off at all.

Okay enough of the rambling, I'll tell you a little bit about myself.

My real name is Richard or Rich for short, but please don't call me Dick, I feel a bit of a knob at times anyway, so no need for me to be reminded of that .

I am 32 and come from well the UK, Stafford to be precise, I wish I could say that I was young and single, but sorry can only manage the single bit, so any eligible ladies out there would like to throw themselves at my feer are more than welcome to do so, just form an orderly queue at the door

I am about to become unemployed for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, ehy who's counting? I'm not. So this will curtail any savings plans for a while.

My hobbies are the usual boring stuff like reading, writing, watching por... (not really ), watching Rugby, both codes, I did play pool and snooker at one point, but gave that up for a what would appear to be bizarre to some called "Geocaching", I basically visit a website for co-ordinates of tupperware boxes and take my trusty GPSr and go and find them and start jumping up and down like a mad thing when I find one and people around me stare and think that I am completely bonkers

I am going to stop waffling now and let you read this little piece about me or send you to sleep.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poolking

32 can still be considered as fairly young!

I had a fling with a bloke from Stafford a few years ago....much fun!

But not you, as he would now be 40!

Originally Posted by poolking
Okay so I couldn't think of an original title, hey but that's me totally unoriginal some of you make have been thinking for a while, who the hell am I and why I have suddenly appeared in your forum?

For one I like the nice friendly banter that goes on in this part of BE.

The second reason is as most of you posting on here is to eventually move to Canada. I have been looking on and off for a few years now and more and more I like the prospect, so now time to save up some readies and come out for a trip. I have been reading with great interest all of your stories and none of your comments have put me off at all.

Okay enough of the rambling, I'll tell you a little bit about myself.

My real name is Richard or Rich for short, but please don't call me Dick, I feel a bit of a knob at times anyway, so no need for me to be reminded of that .

I am 32 and come from well the UK, Stafford to be precise, I wish I could say that I was young and single, but sorry can only manage the single bit, so any eligible ladies out there would like to throw themselves at my feer are more than welcome to do so, just form an orderly queue at the door

I am about to become unemployed for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, ehy who's counting? I'm not. So this will curtail any savings plans for a while.

My hobbies are the usual boring stuff like reading, writing, watching por... (not really ), watching Rugby, both codes, I did play pool and snooker at one point, but gave that up for a what would appear to be bizarre to some called "Geocaching", I basically visit a website for co-ordinates of tupperware boxes and take my trusty GPSr and go and find them and start jumping up and down like a mad thing when I find one and people around me stare and think that I am completely bonkers

I am going to stop waffling now and let you read this little piece about me or send you to sleep.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:09 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rich. This intro is a good idea! Nice to 'meet' you but ffs 32 is young! I'm 38, and a half, and I don't consider myself old at all!

I don't understand 'geocaching'...

Watch out for cougars!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:13 pm
Made in the UK

poolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Hi Rich. This intro is a good idea! Nice to 'meet' you but ffs 32 is young! I'm 38, and a half, and I don't consider myself old at all!

I don't understand 'geocaching'...

Watch out for cougars!
Maybe it's just the prospect of me loosing my job and the whole UK thing just hacks me right off at the moment.

For an in-depth understanding of geocaching: www.geocaching.com
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Maybe it's just the prospect of me loosing my job and the whole UK thing just hacks me right off at the moment.

For an indepth understanding of geocaching: www.geocaching.com
No, it's a phase...I felt really old at 30 ish but I've recovered now!

I did a psychology course last year and there was a lovely diagram that showed when people have crises and certainly a lot of people I know did have some reevaluations of their lives around about late 20s/early 30s. Happens again in early 40s, 50s and 60s.....
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:21 pm
Made in the UK

I tend to go through this re-evaluation cycle once a year for a few years now.

But now I'm going to finally do something about it.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

I tend to go through this re-evaluation cycle once a year for a few years now.

But now I'm going to finally do something about it.
Erm, I'm a bit like that!

You do get braver as you get older, particularly if you do actually go do whatever. Some of my friends are so far into their ruts, they can't see out and they are losing the ability to change things.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:26 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This intro is a good idea! Nice to 'meet' you but ffs 32 is young! I'm 38, and a half, and I don't consider myself old at all!
For christ sake 32, old????

38 don't consider myself old?????

I'm 59 for gods sake and I don't think I'm old. Mature maybe but not old.

My aunts are old one is 94 the other 90.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:27 pm
Made in the UK

Originally Posted by yonk
Erm, I'm a bit like that!

You do get braver as you get older, particularly if you do actually go do whatever. Some of my friends are so far into their ruts, they can't see out and they are losing the ability to change things.
I think with me it is a slight fear of the unknown, I don't normally like to be outside of my comfort zone.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

I think with me it is a slight fear of the unknown, I don't normally like to be outside of my comfort zone.
That's why it is best to venture out sometimes, if life gets too comfortable, then it's hard to change it after a while.

Have a read of this book.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...lance&n=266239

Bought it a few years ago and I am very careful who I lend it to as people really do read it and give up work. It's not actually about not working, more about what work gives you and how to replace it if you are out of work or retired.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:37 pm
Made in the UK

That's why it is best to venture out sometimes, if life gets too comfortable, then it's hard to change it after a while.

Have a read of this book.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...lance&n=266239

Bought it a few years ago and I am very careful who I lend it to as people really do read it and give up work. It's not actually about not working, more about what work gives you and how to replace it if you are out of work or retired.
Looks interesting.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Looks interesting.

It's also not heavy!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:27 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Comfort zones can be like velvet-lined ruts.

I can not remember where I read this, some where on the I don't know where, but about a year ago I came across this:

"If you are not constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone
in all areas of your life (social, mental, physical, intellectual,
financial, spiritual) - you are missing out on life IMO.

I mean like sorry to get all metaphysical, but if you're not doing
that, you're like a square in a flat world that can't even begin to
comprehend what a cube is."

It's not the most eloquent quote but then, I'm not the most eloquent person so many that's why I like it.

Hey... this forum is getting heavy, where's the smut thread?
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:28 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

32 can still be considered as fairly young!

I had a fling with a bloke ............a few years ago....much fun!

But not you, as he would now be 40!
SSSSHHHHHHHH dont tell everyone about our past.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:29 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey... this forum is getting heavy, where's the smut thread?
Not sure BUT have you Seen Coyote Willie???

BTW dont you think you should explain the OTHER cougar to Poolking????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.