Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Political Posts moved from the Coronavirus thread

Political Posts moved from the Coronavirus thread

Old Apr 24th 2020, 2:10 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Political Posts moved from the Coronavirus thread

I took Trumps advice and had a bath in Lysol and instead of drying with a towel, I dried with a hair dryer to kill the virus. I'm now protected for the day.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
I took Trumps advice and had a bath in Lysol and instead of drying with a towel, I dried with a hair dryer to kill the virus. I'm now protected for the day.
Nice one! But thats only for the day? Maybe if you chugged a couple of pints Lysol its protection may last a bit longer... a week even? maybe pop a few UV pills too.... its works better from inside apparently...
Old Apr 24th 2020, 3:23 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Nice one! But thats only for the day? Maybe if you chugged a couple of pints Lysol its protection may last a bit longer... a week even? maybe pop a few UV pills too.... its works better from inside apparently...
Sounds legit to me

Old Apr 24th 2020, 3:25 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if you chugged a couple of pints Lysol its protection may last a bit longer... a week even?
Yes, but there are those out there who might just do that in the misguded belief that Trump can do no wrong.
After the initial Trump hydroxychloroquin claim, a couple mixed some pills used to treat fish that contained a variant of the stuff in a drink in the mistaken belief it'd protect them. Husband died, wife poorly.

Old Apr 24th 2020, 4:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The trouble is using facts doesn't allow for Trump bashing!

I don't think people bash Trump anymore. He's a joke now. People laugh at him, of course, but that's not the same as taking someone's opinion seriously and attacking it, or them.

His suggestions now are stupid enough that one's sympathy for his followers is exhausted. People who drink bleach or Kool-Aid because some prat told them too are the figures of idiocy one uses when speaking to small children "if the President told you to stick your head in a gas oven, would you do it?"

Last edited by dbd33; Apr 24th 2020 at 4:17 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 4:24 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
"if the President told you to stick your head in a gas oven, would you do it?"
The man's mad... but to misquote you I'd pose another question...
"if the President told you to invade Iran, would you do it?"
There are those that would.... without question....
Old Apr 24th 2020, 4:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
The man's mad... but to misquote you I'd pose another question...
"if the President told you to invade Iran, would you do it?"
There are those that would.... without question....

People would do it, of course, that's why it's foolish to elect buffoons like Trump and Johnson.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but there are those out there who might just do that in the misguded belief that Trump can do no wrong.
After the initial Trump hydroxychloroquin claim, a couple mixed some pills used to treat fish that contained a variant of the stuff in a drink in the mistaken belief it'd protect them. Husband died, wife poorly.

I heard about that, I thought they both died. Sadly there are people out there that are cu off from the real world and think "oh the president said it, it must be right" those are the people that will blindly vote for him AGAIN!
Old Apr 24th 2020, 5:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I heard about that, I thought they both died. Sadly there are people out there that are cu off from the real world and think "oh the president said it, it must be right" those are the people that will blindly vote for him AGAIN!
Not those two. And not the bleach injectors.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not those two. And not the bleach injectors.
Surely not?? bleach injectors???
Old Apr 25th 2020, 8:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Posts moved from the Coronavirus thread

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The trouble is using facts doesn't allow for Trump bashing!
I can't imagine why anyone would want to bash Trump. It's not as if he says anything stupid or dangerous after all.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 10:57 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

A colleague of my husband sent him an email a while back advising that he should get this drug...I immediately said “ what a load of rubbish” but I feel my husband was a bit miffed, as he thought he had heard something good...had he been able, he would have bought it, whatever the cost, taken it, and probably died!
Old Apr 25th 2020, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the Sara Cooper clip on Twitter?

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 26th 2020 at 12:00 am.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 10:27 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

One could of course look at the bigger political picture...Trump should be encouraged with his economy saving medical advice...Lysol and anti malaria treatments provided for everyone who would believe a word that came out of the man's mouth, and certainly for all the yahoos in Georgia desperate for a tattoo or a nail bar...and then come the election he might not have a majority - it's one way of votre fixing...
Old Apr 26th 2020, 2:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Did you see the Sara Cooper clip on Twitter?
You may need to be a bit more specific

I've had a rummage but nothing seems obvious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.