PM Boris

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 8:05 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by dave_j
Ten days to go, and the significance of Number 10 is what it's all about.
Scratching my head I came across this https://mysticalnumbers.com/number-10/
One snippit among many describes the French Revolutionary Calendar.
Each month comprised three 10 day weeks or decades, day 10 was a rest day.
Unfortunately there were 5 days left over for a full year so they added these to the end of each year.
Each day was made from 10 hours with 100 minutes and 100 seconds to the minute.
Apparently it ran for 12 years before Napoleon put a stop to it in 1806.
Not quite as successful as decimal currency.
I wonder if 20 hours of 50 mins would have worked. I've never fully understood to using the 24/60/60 thing, although I suppose it relates to the 360 degrees of the sphere.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:10 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I see Johnson will be busy kissing (or something) Trumps ass today, he's supposed to be having a 'private' meeting with him. Trump says the NHS will definitely NOT be on the table in any trade discussions, So a private discussion about the selling of bits of the NHS to the USA because we all know that Trump always tells the truth.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 11:22 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I wonder if 20 hours of 50 mins would have worked. I've never fully understood to using the 24/60/60 thing, although I suppose it relates to the 360 degrees of the sphere.

Good question with a fascinating explanation!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 11:31 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Good question with a fascinating explanation!
Yes, that's a fascinating article! I had no idea that rudimentary clocks existed over 3000 years ago.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Ten days to go, and the significance of Number 10 is what it's all about.
Scratching my head I came across this https://mysticalnumbers.com/number-10/
One snippit among many describes the French Revolutionary Calendar.
Each month comprised three 10 day weeks or decades, day 10 was a rest day.
Unfortunately there were 5 days left over for a full year so they added these to the end of each year.
Each day was made from 10 hours with 100 minutes and 100 seconds to the minute.
Apparently it ran for 12 years before Napoleon put a stop to it in 1806.
Not quite as successful as decimal currency.
I have a fascinating fact for you....

I don't care.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:44 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee

I don't care.
I don't mind Dave's silly posts...and it lead to an absolutely fascinating link from Jings.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:03 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I don't care.
Really.. but it's kind of you to take the trouble to let me know ...

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I don't think he will do nearly as well as the polls suggest.
I admit I am really really hoping not. This is a not a true political party leader, within a democracy, in any sense. People ultimately should be voting for a manifesto but some or maybe most look at perceived personalities. There will be those that see this bloke as strong . Ruthless and ambitious is not strong or leadership , not for the nation anyway.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:32 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by BEVS
I admit I am really really hoping not. This is a not a true political party leader, within a democracy, in any sense. People ultimately should be voting for a manifesto but some or maybe most look at perceived personalities. There will be those that see this bloke as strong . Ruthless and ambitious is not strong or leadership , not for the nation anyway.
He's a hard-right politician in a dishevelled man of the people disguise. The fact that he booted out all the moderates from the cabinet should be a clue.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind Dave's silly posts...and it lead to an absolutely fascinating link from Jings.
It was a great link.

Really.. but it's kind of you to take the trouble to let me know ...
You're welcome!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:43 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Nine days to go.
Immediate thoughts on the number 9 pointed upwards to the heavens and, as I learned in my youth, to the nine planets... except poor old Pluto got demoted so that was out... although it has been suggested that a ninth planet X could exist. " The planet is estimated to be about 10 times the mass of Earth and to orbit the sun between 300 and 1,000 times farther than the orbit of the Earth."
https://www.space.com/16080-solar-system-planets.html
So the reserve significance of the number 9 must be assigned to the 9 Rings of Power, destined to be used by mortal men to become Nazgul.
Nine Rings - Tolkien Gateway
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:13 am
Yo

Nine days to go.
Immediate thoughts on the number 9 pointed upwards to the heavens and, as I learned in my youth, to the nine planets... except poor old Pluto got demoted so that was out... although it has been suggested that a ninth planet X could exist. " The planet is estimated to be about 10 times the mass of Earth and to orbit the sun between 300 and 1,000 times farther than the orbit of the Earth."
https://www.space.com/16080-solar-system-planets.html
So the reserve significance of the number 9 must be assigned to the 9 Rings of Power, destined to be used by mortal men to become Nazgul.
Nine Rings - Tolkien Gateway
And of course you can fit 40 Earths into Jupiter. Just sayin'.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And of course you can fit 40 Earths into Jupiter. Just sayin'.
You can fit 1,300 Earths into Jupiter. So you're technically right, but also technically not
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:29 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You can fit 1,300 Earths into Jupiter. So you're technically right, but also technically not
Sorry, yes. It's the 40 across right? Just so massive. Did you see the conjuncion with Mars Venus and Saturn this week? I missed it, though did try to catch it one evening.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, yes. It's the 40 across right? Just so massive. Did you see the conjuncion with Mars Venus and Saturn this week? I missed it, though did try to catch it one evening.
11 Earths across

Didn't see the conjunction unfortunately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.