PM Boris

Old Nov 29th 2019, 9:20 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Annetje
OK, yes, makes sense. Apart from Brexit BP doesn't have much to offer even though they tried with their ... was it called ''contract'' instead of manifesto ?
Having said that, the Tory manifesto doesn't has much body to it neither but I assume that's never really a discussion point.
Getting Brexit done seems to be the message, even though that will probably take years (which is never mentionned neither).
I'm ready to be proven wrong and like most on here have a fixed view on what's going on and any of us can be wrong.
However, I do firmly believe that only the conservatives have an identifiable path to winning this election and only by default since they've had to adopt a pro brexit route to appease their backbenchers and their PM.
Labour has only just realised their mistake and altered their electoral stand and the LDs have chosen a stand that makes no sense if they want to win.

Old Nov 29th 2019, 9:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I'm ready to be proven wrong and like most on here have a fixed view on what's going on and any of us can be wrong.
I don't know for sure but it seems that you may be equating disapproval of Boris with believing he's not going to win the election. People for him believe he's going to win and people against him believe he's going to win. In that respect none of us will be wrong.

Old Nov 29th 2019, 9:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I don't know for sure but it seems that you may be equating disapproval of Boris with believing he's not going to win the election. People for him believe he's going to win and people against him believe he's going to win. In that respect none of us will be wrong.
I don't think he will do nearly as well as the polls suggest.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 9:42 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me ... I think this mess will end up with a hung Parliament .... So maybe I will be proven wrong.
I can not see the Tories as the big winner. And then, can they find a strong enough coalition partner ?
2 more weeks to go ......
Old Nov 29th 2019, 9:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Excuse me ... I think this mess will end up with a hung Parliament .... So maybe I will be proven wrong.
I can not see the Tories as the big winner. And then, can they find a strong enough coalition partner ?
2 more weeks to go ......
Oh I didn't mean a landslide or anything like that. Minority government easily possible.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 10:28 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that, the 2017 election was said to me a landslide for the Tories in all the polls, and look what happened, Labour supporters either lied to pollsters, or their was a big anti tory surge in the last few days. The same is likely to happen this time, but the DUP won't bail them out, the LibDems are a spent force with support dropping all the time, and now they have dropped the revoke art 50 as a policy.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 11:03 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I didn't mean a landslide or anything like that. Minority government easily possible.
And who will back them ? They need majority to form a Government. Lib Dem U turn maybe ?

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I agree with that, the 2017 election was said to me a landslide for the Tories in all the polls, and look what happened, Labour supporters either lied to pollsters, or their was a big anti tory surge in the last few days. The same is likely to happen this time, but the DUP won't bail them out, the LibDems are a spent force with support dropping all the time, and now they have dropped the revoke art 50 as a policy.
After Brexit and Trump polls getting it so wrong, I decided not to put any value to polls.
Esp. Youguv which I think has links with the Tories (maybe I'm wrong though).

Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:04 am
Oscar nominated

And who will back them ? They need majority to form a Government. Lib Dem U turn maybe ?
Some of those kicked out have been allowed back. If it made the difference, those not allowed back (yet) might become 'welcome' with the right incentives like those offered to Brexit Party members.

Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:22 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Thirteen days to go.
Thirteen... Did you know that 13 = 6 + 7 ?
And...
Did you know that 42 = 6 x 7 ?
And...
Did you know that 42 is the answer: the answer to life, the universe and everything ?
And...
Did you know that the Vogons are out there waiting to demolish the Earth?

I think I'll be voting Vogon. Does it for me.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

With the terrorist attack yeaster day and the two members of the public killed, the major parties decided NOT to campaign yesterday and dome candidates even this morning,, well apart from one party, Johnson and Gove just couldn't bear to miss an opportunity to get some mpre campaigning.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:49 am
Listen to the Music

Twelve days to go.
Twelve. Did you know that the prime derivatives of twelve are 1,2 and 3.
And...
Did you know that 1 + 2 + 3 = 6?
And...
Did you know that there are 6 letters in the word LABOUR
And...
Did you know that there are 6 letters in the word CORBYN

Guess I''ll be voting Vogon then, does it for me, only 5 letters in VOGON
Old Dec 1st 2019, 9:26 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Twelve days to go.
Twelve. Did you know that the prime derivatives of twelve are 1,2 and 3.
And...
Did you know that 1 + 2 + 3 = 6?
And...
Did you know that there are 6 letters in the word LABOUR
And...
Did you know that there are 6 letters in the word CORBYN

Guess I''ll be voting Vogon then, does it for me, only 5 letters in VOGON
Did you know if you add the missing 6th letter, the silent E, to VOGON, you get the anagram of NO GOVE which is a cosmic instruction on voting.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 3:43 am
Listen to the Music

Did you know if you add the missing 6th letter, the silent E, to VOGON, you get the anagram of NO GOVE which is a cosmic instruction on voting.
No I wasn't aware of this etherial message, but there are only eleven days to go.
Did you know that 11 is a Prime number, which is quite apposite since there were 11 candidates vying for Prime Minister when May's job became vacant.
And of course once Judas Iscariot was disgraced there remained 11 followers and I'm left to wonder whether any of them fancied the top job after seeing that, as May discovered, the job could get you crucified.

Old Dec 2nd 2019, 8:23 am
Yo

No I wasn't aware of this etherial message, but there are only eleven days to go.
Did you know that 11 is a Prime number, which is quite apposite since there were 11 candidates vying for Prime Minister when May's job became vacant.
And of course once Judas Iscariot was disgraced there remained 11 followers and I'm left to wonder whether any of them fancied the top job after seeing that, as May discovered, the job could get you crucified.
Not to mention the fact that Gordon Brown lived in No.11 when he was PRIME Minister. It's some kind of Vogon set up.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 5:01 am
Listen to the Music

Ten days to go, and the significance of Number 10 is what it's all about.
Scratching my head I came across this https://mysticalnumbers.com/number-10/
One snippit among many describes the French Revolutionary Calendar.
Each month comprised three 10 day weeks or decades, day 10 was a rest day.
Unfortunately there were 5 days left over for a full year so they added these to the end of each year.
Each day was made from 10 hours with 100 minutes and 100 seconds to the minute.
Apparently it ran for 12 years before Napoleon put a stop to it in 1806.
Not quite as successful as decimal currency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.