PM Boris

Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:53 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by dave_j
Tick tock ... tick tock ... time passes.
Only two weeks remaining now for the fence sitters to decide what direction they'd like the country to take.
And how will they do this? What information will they make use of to help them decide?
What it won't be are discussions about a tampon tax or whether the PM turned up for a TV chat.
It'll be, as it always is for human beings, about the self.
And here, I'm not suggesting that people will list fors and againsts it'll be as it always is, gut feeling.
I've made this case before that highbrow arguments this way or that miss the point, you have to engage with voters at a more basic level.
Like it or not, forget arguments about policies, Boris makes people feel better. It might be the comic, the buffoon, the stuttering speech, or any other number of character traits.. but he stands out as someone approachable, someone you wouldn't mind as a neighbour whereas who wants a sour faced Corbyn living next door.
It ain't rocket science and we'll see what happens in two weeks time.
It's not purely on the leaders' personality. Party policy and Brexit stance play a huge role too.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Boris makes people feel better. It might be the comic, the buffoon, the stuttering speech, or any other number of character traits.. but he stands out as someone approachable, someone you wouldn't mind as a neighbour.
Other character traits - like complaining about Labour trying to discredit the tories while producing a guide for tory candidates on how to smear opponents?
Or attacking Corbyn's performance in an Andrew Neil interview while refusing to subject himself to same? And that's not even getting onto the lies, crooked behaviour and misleading statements. He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump.

Old Nov 29th 2019, 3:58 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Other character traits - like complaining about Labour trying to discredit the tories while producing a guide for tory candidates on how to smear opponents?
Or attacking Corbyn's performance in an Andrew Neil interview while refusing to subject himself to same? And that's not even getting onto the lies, crooked behaviour and misleading statements. He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump.
Very tawdry.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

True enough. But for something favoured and existing already, prior to joining Europe, would there be the desire to reverse it anyway?
What like free doctoring?
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:10 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump.
You see, it's comments like this that make the point for me. They're so absurd that they end up making the opposite case.
But I stand to be wrong, it's happened before. Can't quite remember when but it must have happened. Thinks Hard!
Two weeks to go.. and we'll all be picking up the pieces one way or the other.

Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump.
Johnson wouldn't be a good neighbour. Police called at all hours to drunken fights with his woman of the moment. Endless parade of other women dragging children wanting to be acknowledged. Weird visitors wearing tea cozies on their heads. It'd be like living in EastEnders.

I suppose he might be a fun guest at a party, if you didn't have a wife there.

Last edited by dbd33; Nov 29th 2019 at 4:26 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You see, it's comments like this that make the point for me. They're so absurd that they end up making the opposite case.
How does referencing alternative and less desirable character traits make the point for you? Why is pointing out such things of any less value than the 'positives' you promote?

Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:38 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

But I stand to be wrong, it's happened before. Can't quite remember when but it must have happened. Thinks Hard!
Two weeks to go.. and we'll all be picking up the pieces one way or the other.
You should listen to the LBC phone in from this morning with Johnson (on their webside) .... please do !

Erm erm waffle waffle Labour London waffle waffle erm erm I I I I I on on on waffle waffle waffle Labour Starmer erm erm (cut off this talk about social care please sign) erm erm so so Labour SNP London waffle erm erm on on Lib Dem erm erm London I I I waffle Labour Labour erm erm

And this is without counting the lies and exagerations, very often together.

I would never ever vote for him but I appreciate we all have different priorities in life.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:42 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Annetje
You should listen to the LBC phone in from this morning with Johnson (on their webside) .... please do !

Erm erm waffle waffle Labour London waffle waffle erm erm I I I I I on on on waffle waffle waffle Labour Starmer erm erm (cut off this talk about social care please sign) erm erm so so Labour SNP London waffle erm erm on on Lib Dem erm erm London I I I waffle Labour Labour erm erm

And this is without counting the lies and exagerations, very often together.

I would never ever vote for him but I appreciate we all have different priorities in life.
Very good clip of him (Guardian) evading the question on how many children he has (after slagging off other people's children).

I'm really tired of hearing his incessant waffle.

At least the Beeb is now making his appearance on Marr conditional on him doing an Andrew Neil interview, That I would watch.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:44 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

How does referencing alternative and less desirable character traits make the point for you? Why is pointing out such things of any less value than the 'positives' you promote?
OK, so let's analyse the statement
Originally Posted by BristolUK "He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump."
What makes this statement absurd is the reference to Trump. Surely, in this entire universe, there can't exist a neighbour who could possibly be as bad as Trump.
Now had you said, "He'd be as bad a neighbour as Andrew" then I'd probably have agreed with you.
As for promoting positives, I merely suggest that Boris will attract support simply because he acts the way he does, it's like asking "Who would you vote for, a panda or a goat?" There's no reason the one would make a better pet than the other, but the panda has a kinder face so that's it then.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:52 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Very good clip of him (Guardian) evading the question on how many children he has (after slagging off other people's children).

I'm really tired of hearing his incessant waffle.

At least the Beeb is now making his appearance on Marr conditional on him doing an Andrew Neil interview, That I would watch.
I forgot to mention ''Get Brexit Done'' in every other sentence.

Anyway, instead of answering a question he waffles, lies and exagerates, blaming everybody but the Tories and when it gets too difficult the does the ''cut off'' sign forgetting he's on camera and everyone can see that.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 4:53 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

OK, so let's analyse the statement
Originally Posted by BristolUK "He'd be as bad a neighbour as Trump."
What makes this statement absurd is the reference to Trump. Surely, in this entire universe, there can't exist a neighbour who could possibly be as bad as Trump.
Now had you said, "He'd be as bad a neighbour as Andrew" then I'd probably have agreed with you.
As for promoting positives, I merely suggest that Boris will attract support simply because he acts the way he does, it's like asking "Who would you vote for, a panda or a goat?" There's no reason the one would make a better pet than the other, but the panda has a kinder face so that's it then.
So we are voting on ''looks'' ?
Old Nov 29th 2019, 5:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I forgot to mention ''Get Brexit Done'' in every other sentence.

Anyway, instead of answering a question he waffles, lies and exagerates, blaming everybody but the Tories and when it gets too difficult the does the ''cut off'' sign forgetting he's on camera and everyone can see that.
He does but he's likely the best advocate for the Conservatives and for Brexit. He's less repellent than Gove and, by saying nothing, sticks his foot in his mouth less often. He's less dismissive of those beneath him than JRM. Patel too transparently wants to string people up, anyone will do. He's the kinder, gentler face of Brexit (as well as being personally odious, a compulsive liar and a lickspittle lackey of Trump).
Old Nov 29th 2019, 5:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Plainly not, if we're voting for Boris.
Old Nov 29th 2019, 5:23 pm
Listen to the Music

Partly.
This election has three main pivotal points that the voter will consider.
Party affiliation, Brexit preference and Leader personality.
Most people never meet or see their MP so they're irrelevant.
Party affiliation is still important but it's been eroded by Brexit and there'll be significant desertion from the norm, especially with Labour who've adopted a 'don't care' policy.
For those who still 'don't know' the leader personality will be the deciding factor.
Sure there are those who watch the news and follow the debates but these people have already made up their minds and watch debates to cheer or boo.
Corbyn would probably make a good PM but he's as attractive as a rock and Diane Abbott, well she's as helpful as a pile of poo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.