PM Boris

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
You seriously think I'm wound up about it. How sweet. What part of the language I used led you to that false conclusion?

Your post ignored the history of both the US and Canada prior to European settlers, and to say it was 'for simplicity' still ignores the facts, either through ignorance or design. The fact still remains that the original inhabitants of the land were driven aside.

How large a percentage? How many of those believe the lies that the EU is responsible for most of the UK's problems, when in fact, most of these are down to UK government decisions, both Labour and Tory. How many have actually taken the time to do their own research on what they've been told is wrong with the EU?

I'm not assuming you're uneducated or stupid, but I could assume you're too lazy to actually check the truth for yourself. You seem like you've made up your mind based on what you've read elsewhere, and you're afraid to find out you may be wrong. At least, that's my opinion. And that ties in with your point about political views formed at an early age.

Brexit is a political issue, you're right, and I'll readily admit you are. But the nature of UK politics is divisiveness. The House of Commons was deliberately laid out in an us v them layout of two sets of opposing benches. Constrast that with the EU Parliament and the Welsh Senedd, where the elected representatives sit in a roughly 3/4 semi-circle as political groupings, but each group has to work with the others to get Parliamentary business done. Whereas in the UK, it's almost always one side trying to stop the other.

We may disagree, but Brexit isn't a simple matter of leaving on X date, deal or no deal. People of all political persuasions voted Leave and voted Remain, yet it's the hardcore Leavers who were put in charge of our leaving. And there are Brexiters of deal and others of no deal on both Labour and Tory benches, and until those MPs and the public work together, nothing about Brexit will change.

Leavers and Remainers fighting each other won't fix Brexit, finding common ground will. Neither will agreeing to disagree. I accept you guys have concerns, and the EU isn't perfect, so how do we get from here to there together, because staying or leaving, it'll be all of us affected.

Well, a referendum was held, the choice has been made, and its not going to change, personally I am hoping a deal can be reached....I don't live there anymore, and have no plans to return in the forseeble future, but its the country of my birth, and probably half of my life, plus being home to my entire family, and I may want to return one day who knows, so I care greatly in what happens there.

So....common ground at this stage is finding the best possible brexit deal for the UK....I haven't got a lot of faith in Johnson to do that, as he seems to think a no deal is acceptable, which is a huge concern.... however I have heard news of a new deal being put forward, I hope so. Following this we will just have to see... given an acceptable exit deal, I think the UK will do fine outside the EU, of course its going to be a rocky begining, but I think as a country the UK will come through it, with a good future if it does, neither us will have anything to worry about from then on. We need to focus on the future now, not on what has already happened.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 1:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd

So....common ground at this stage is finding the best possible brexit deal for the UK.....
That is not common ground between the, what, 35% of the population that voted to leave the EU, many of whom are now dead, and the 65% of the population who think they're nuts.

I don't think a deal can be made because deals depend on rational consideration "how much will I give up here to get something there". As Dave has explained, the whole point of leaving is to do the irrational, door slamming, thing. If people were behaving rationally they wouldn't be leaving at all. As it is, the EU should probably shrug and chuck Britain's clothes in the channel. I expect Boris has lots of experience of gathering scattered garments and possessions.

Last edited by dbd33; Oct 2nd 2019 at 1:57 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 8:24 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a referendum was held, the choice has been made, and its not going to change, personally I am hoping a deal can be reached....I don't live there anymore, and have no plans to return in the forseeble future, but its the country of my birth, and probably half of my life, plus being home to my entire family, and I may want to return one day who knows, so I care greatly in what happens there.

So....common ground at this stage is finding the best possible brexit deal for the UK....I haven't got a lot of faith in Johnson to do that, as he seems to think a no deal is acceptable, which is a huge concern.... however I have heard news of a new deal being put forward, I hope so. Following this we will just have to see... given an acceptable exit deal, I think the UK will do fine outside the EU, of course its going to be a rocky begining, but I think as a country the UK will come through it, with a good future if it does, neither us will have anything to worry about from then on. We need to focus on the future now, not on what has already happened.
Boris does not want a deal. His instructions are to leave with no deal so now he's putting a not acceptable proposal to the EU knowing they won't accept it. Boris will say ''this deal or no deal'' so guess what, the EU will (again) be the bad one and responsible for no deal.
After a no deal there will be years and years of trade negotiations during which time the most vulnarable will suffer.
End of austerity ... laughable ... you aint seen nothing yet !

And after Brexit the UK as a country will cease to exist.

I do hope I'm wrong about all this but this is the general feeling and I fear for my family in the UK.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 8:31 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
Boris does not want a deal. His instructions are to leave with no deal so now he's putting a not acceptable proposal to the EU knowing they won't accept it. Boris will say ''this deal or no deal'' so guess what, the EU will (again) be the bad one and responsible for no deal.
After a no deal there will be years and years of trade negotiations during which time the most vulnarable will suffer.

I do hope I'm wrong about all this but this is the general feeling and I fear for my family in the UK.
Did you not get Monday's memo? Saj has officially found the magic money tree.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 8:39 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Did you not get Monday's memo? Saj has officially found the magic money tree.

Someone must have taken my name off that list ... Pfffttttt .
Please keep me updated !
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje

As I said I have little faith in Johnson to execute this deal...... Im sure there is a compromise to be had, but hes not the man for the job, which is very worrying.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 4:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said I have little faith in Johnson to execute this deal...... Im sure there is a compromise to be had, but hes not the man for the job, which is very worrying.
Who would be the person for the job?
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
Who would be the person for the job?
Someone who is prepared to negotiate and work with the EU....Johnson doesn't seem interested in doing that.

From what I can gather if May had not lost the majority in Parliament, her deal would have gone through... there were 6 variations of it I believe.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 4:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Someone who is prepared to negotiate and work with the EU....Johnson doesn't seem interested in doing that.
Agreed.

From what I can gather if May had not lost the majority in Parliament, her deal would have gone through... there were 6 variations of it I believe.
I think we can agree that May came closer to a deal than Johnson will but she couldn't get it done. I think that's because the task is impossible.

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 version of the WA was agreed with the EU, and only 1 (the same) version put before Parliament (three times).
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 9:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like he will get his favoured 'NO DEAL' through to help his hedge fund mates, he's promoised the DUP more money, no-one knows how much, and the LibDems, who want to stay would rather vote with him than have Labour in power.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.newscientist.com/article...red-by-brexit/

Brexit psychosis, stop watching channel 4 news and keep away from the Guardian comments sections...
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 4:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
https://www.newscientist.com/article...red-by-brexit/

Brexit psychosis, stop watching channel 4 news and keep away from the Guardian comments sections...
Ain't that the truth.

Old Oct 18th 2019, 9:53 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The front pages today
And some folk think the media doesn't influence people. How can it not when it's plastered all over like the Mail page?
Old Oct 18th 2019, 11:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The front pages today
And some folk think the media doesn't influence people. How can it not when it's plastered all over like the Mail page?
People should look at that and think of Tom Vu, or the Sham Wow guy, or Donald Trump, or Barrett's Liquor Mart and wonder who the deal is really good for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.