PM Boris

Old Sep 19th 2019, 3:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Colognia
Thanks for your reply, I do see your point of our close ties to Europe. I think most developed countries are pretty much all connected through technology, different world organisations and treaties to deal with the points you mention without having an extra cost of an EU parliament, army, embassies etc..I don't know what the cost of renegotiating deals with the EU will cost but either way it'll come as a cost to the UK wether the UK will stay in or out. If the UK stayed in the people may as well just for one parliament in Brussels, one currency and a federal EU state, scrap Westminster, the Scottish, Welsh and NI assemblies. There won't be much your local MP can do for you anyway according to a certain MP so may be just use the MEPs if one has issues. I think the gains are being in control of ones own affairs good or bad. The EU does seem very bureaucratic and restrictive in what member states can do. This also leads to countries breaking EU rules because of the constraints imposed by the EU.
So as to avoid overuse of "bilge", I'll say "gibberish".

Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Colognia is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is it gibberish?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be much your local MP can do for you anyway according to a certain MP so may be just use the MEPs if one has issues. I think the gains are being in control of ones own affairs good or bad. The EU does seem very bureaucratic and restrictive in what member states can do.
What important things can member states not do that they can do as non-members?

Forgive me if this should be obvious, I'm trying to establish what, if anything, is the practical case for Brexit. I don't think there is one.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, I do see your point of our close ties to Europe. I think most developed countries are pretty much all connected through technology, different world organisations and treaties to deal with the points you mention without having an extra cost of an EU parliament, army, embassies etc..I don't know what the cost of renegotiating deals with the EU will cost but either way it'll come as a cost to the UK wether the UK will stay in or out. If the UK stayed in the people may as well just for one parliament in Brussels, one currency and a federal EU state, scrap Westminster, the Scottish, Welsh and NI assemblies. There won't be much your local MP can do for you anyway according to a certain MP so may be just use the MEPs if one has issues. I think the gains are being in control of ones own affairs good or bad. The EU does seem very bureaucratic and restrictive in what member states can do. This also leads to countries breaking EU rules because of the constraints imposed by the EU.
See bolded bits. Gibberish.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
...We all have smartphones now...
Ahem.

Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
See bolded bits. Gibberish.
Drifting slightly, I find it odd that people think their MP needs to be at the centre of all government to be able to do things for them as individuals. There's been lots of discussion here today about Trudeau's dark past and how people might now not vote for the Liberals but the Greens instead. A counter argument is that the local MP is Green and so cannot command government policy. In real life, an MP might act for one to sort out some mess with a government department but little else; any MP can find out why your passport or pension hasn't come or why the planning committee never gets to your application, none of them can fix the weather.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

The EU does have embassies set up in countries around the world, not in use as of yet. Check it out I don't think its gibberish
Old Sep 19th 2019, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

The EU does have embassies set up in countries around the world, not in use as of yet. Check it out I don't think its gibberish
Evidence?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...the-world.html

Take a read.

Also Ireland voted twice to push through the Lisbon treaty because they voted against it and was ignored by the powers to be.Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008To permit the state to ratify the Treaty of LisbonLocation IrelandDate12 June 2008ResultsVotes% Yes752,45146.60% No862,41553.40%Valid votes1,614,86699.62%Invalid or blank votes6,1710.38%Total votes1,621,037100.00%Registered voters/turnout3,051,27853.13%Results by constituency Yes No
Result and turnout for the referendumThe Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008 (bill no. 14 of 2008) was a proposed amendment to the Constitution of Ireland that was put to a referendum in 2008 (the first Lisbon referendum). The purpose of the proposed amendment was to allow the state to ratify the Treaty of Lisbon of the European Union.

The amendment was rejected by voters on 12 June 2008 by a margin of 53.4% to 46.6%, with a turnout of 53.1%.[1] The treaty had been intended to enter into force on 1 January 2009, but had to be delayed following the Irish rejection. However, the Lisbon treaty was approved by Irish voters when the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the constitution was approved in the second Lisbon referendum, held in October 2009.

They obviously didn't know what they were voting for!
Old Sep 19th 2019, 5:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

If that's a problem at all surely it's only a problem if the EU having representation precludes the individual member states having representation. If there was an EU Embassy in Washington lobbying Trump to stop destroying the planet then a British embassy could do the same, maybe one of them would make progress.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Yes, but the EU is technically not a country.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes its better for countries to look after their own affairs. Countries differ culturally and the way they manage their own affairs. Nato has kept peace in Europe since WW2 not the European Union. Verhofstadt wants a new world order and Empire to "stand up to Empires like US,China and Russia." His words not mine. Obviously he sees them as a threat which is amusing because he sounded like an Empire builder himself at the Lib Dem conference. If other nations were fed up of empires a century ago why is the EU trying to build another one. Total globalisation and open borders might not be the perfect answer. Its great in theory but so are a lot of things in life. I love Europe and the people and some of my European friends would rather their own sovereignty back to. I have a Spanish friend who feels strangulated by the EU with plenty of work building houses but no one has any money to pay him. Tell that to the EU civil servants with good salaries and pensions, an institution that costs the EU tax payer a fortune. What about deflation in the EU. Is Germany heading for a recession. Who is going to prop up all the EU spending it has planned now and in the future? I notice in Nova Scotia if they can't afford it they don't spend it. Free trade and travel is a great idea but handing over the keys of your house for someone else to look after could be looking for trouble.
Best you stick to your day "job".
Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for evidence the EU has embassies set up around the world, though not in use yet.

Do we need a buzzword bingo expansion pack?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Is it claiming to be a country? Maybe the embassies, if there are embassies, represent the EU in the same way as NAFTA might have an outpost in, say, Brazil. A trade mission to drum up business for member states.

Suppose for a moment though that the EU is planning a string of embassies purporting to represent the interests of all the countries of the EU; how is that an argument for not being part of the EU?
Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

bowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond reputebowler has a reputation beyond repute

Think Boris, Mogg and co have a plan for the UK as shewn in the Map below.

Note how Northumbria seem to grab some North Sea Oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.