PM Boris

Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh Corbyn's a ridiculous figure. The lack of a reasonable Labour leader is part of the problem leading to Boris.
I'd agree with that, which is why it surprised me that May lost the majority in the last election.....with Corbyn as the alternative!

Like you I really don't know what would happen if an election were called now/October with Corbyn and Johnson as the two leaders; maybe people just won't vote; which will lead to some strange underdog party being elected!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 4:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
I'd agree with that, which is why it surprised me that May lost the majority in the last election.....with Corbyn as the alternative!

Like you I really don't know what would happen if an election were called now/October with Corbyn and Johnson as the two leaders; maybe people just won't vote; which will lead to some strange underdog party being elected!
You think that supporters of the Strange Underdog Party will vote while no-one else does?

I think you may be Strange.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You think that supporters of the Strange Underdog Party will vote while no-one else does?

I don't see how that's strange, there are always people that vote for the underdog parties......

If main party voters don't turn out for the vote, then that only leaves the result of a strange underdog party doesn't it? A little far fetched but certainly not impossible. Stranger things.....and all that, we are living in strange times! Hmmm Straaaaange......

Old Jul 24th 2019, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hail Boris...his three priorities are great, if he can succeed....

leave the EU, deliver Brexit by October 31st
Unite the country.....I wish him well...that I feel will the most difficult.
Ensure Comrade Commie Corbyn never gets to #10

I wish him well....great to see a British PM state that leave means leave (the EU) and that all will be done, one way or the other by October 31st this year.

Time will tell, I can only wish him the wisdom to succeed.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 5:49 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeremy brewer
Hi
Maybe just me

but

I never knew boris and trump were born in the same city New York

and until 3 years ago boris was still an american citizen

cheers
jeremy
it is frightening to think Boris is Trumps love child. But you just provided all the proof we need.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:13 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

You think that supporters of the Strange Underdog Party (SUP) will vote while no-one else does?
One dilemma posed by Brexit is that it's not strictly a political issue and for some, in particular the Labour Party, this has presented a problem as yet unresolved.
Supporters of the SUP experience no such difficulty, it's a binary choice Leave or No Leave and their enthusiasm for the cause is evidenced by the rapid rise of the SUP and I suspect they hunger to voice their opinion.
Others see a spectrum of choices such as Remain, Leave with a deal, Leave with no deal, Cant' be bothered with it, What do others think etc etc.
Whilst the question asking whether the SUP would vote while no-one else does is one that trivialises the point, I'd suggest that supporters of the SUP would most likely be among those eager to get off their backsides to promote their views whereas others might not experience the same passion.

Old Jul 24th 2019, 7:33 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

if you had an option for none of the above on the ballot paper at a general election ..none of the above would win hands down every time..i would actually bother to go out and vote if it were an option.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 2:20 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

She did a very poor job when she was Minister for Business in the Cameron/Clegg stickup and she is/was staunchly pro-austerity.

As poisoned product. Don't touch with the bargepole.

And to paraphrase John and Yoko, give Jez a chance.
Jez has had a chance. Chance after chance, for 3 years, and done nothing credible or meaningful to challenge the Tories. Brexit was a Tory policy that was enabled by a feeble Corbyn and his vaccillation. I'm sick fed up of him, he is an utterly hopeless leader. Amid all this Tory chaos that he ought to be capitalising on he's continuing to be pushed around by the media about bloody anti-Semitism when he should have nipped it in the bud 3 years ago. He is reactive, trying to be Magic Grampa when we really need a leader. Get him back to the back benches where he never ought to have come out from... his nomination was an actual joke that backfired!

Do you really still believe that Corbyn is the right man to lead the Labour movement into the middle part of the 21st Century, when we all know that it's the likes of Steve Bannon, Arron Banks, Dominic Cummings and Cambridge Analytica who are manipulating the political agenda? Do you really think he even understands the modern political landscape? I don't. And if he does, then he's doing a truly terrible job of letting the rest of us know what he's thinking.

And it bloody well breaks my heart to write that, it really does.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 2:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Jez has had a chance. Chance after chance, for 3 years, and done nothing credible or meaningful to challenge the Tories. Brexit was a Tory policy that was enabled by a feeble Corbyn and his vaccillation. I'm sick fed up of him, he is an utterly hopeless leader. Amid all this Tory chaos that he ought to be capitalising on he's continuing to be pushed around by the media about bloody anti-Semitism when he should have nipped it in the bud 3 years ago. He is reactive, trying to be Magic Grampa when we really need a leader. Get him back to the back benches where he never ought to have come out from... his nomination was an actual joke that backfired!

Do you really still believe that Corbyn is the right man to lead the Labour movement into the middle part of the 21st Century, when we all know that it's the likes of Steve Bannon, Arron Banks, Dominic Cummings and Cambridge Analytica who are manipulating the political agenda? Do you really think he even understands the modern political landscape? I don't. And if he does, then he's doing a truly terrible job of letting the rest of us know what he's thinking.

What do you make of Emily Thornberry? She doesn't mince words and likely has a renewed appreciation for the NHS.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 2:38 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What do you make of Emily Thornberry? She doesn't mince words and likely has a renewed appreciation for the NHS.
I like her a lot. Buckets of common sense and isn't scared of a good scrap.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this summed it up quite well. Unfortunately, the electorate always get what it deserves (accepting, of course, that the switching of the PM was not authorised by the electorate) but they did elect those that have been unable to agree upon what the first part of the Brexit withdrawal should look like:

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned previously, we have little to crow about here in Canada. Trudeau and Scheer?
Heads we loose, tales we loose....situation normal in Canadian political affairs.....🥺🥺🥺

Last edited by macadian; Jul 26th 2019 at 3:51 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:44 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
As mentioned previously, we have little to crow about here in Canada. Trudeau and Sheer?
Heads we loose, tales we loose....situation normal in Canadian pomlitical affairs.....🥺🥺🥺
When in doubt vote for the one you can spell.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by caretaker
When in doubt vote for the one you can spell.
My, you were quick. Had just noticed and was editing accordingly. Award your self with a toffee apple. Mind you don't get your clothes all sticky, mummy will not be best pleased....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.