PM Boris

Old Jul 24th 2019, 1:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM Boris

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yes it does seem that way nowadays.. I have never known any right leaning politician that I could be compared to Trump, let alone a President/PM! He is a prize uneducated idiot.

No, Trudeau is not misogynistic or racist no, and I actually think he means well! just not up to the job - but still has nice hair so that helps ....,and Id still take him over Corbyn!...
Oh Corbyn's a ridiculous figure. The lack of a reasonable Labour leader is part of the problem leading to Boris.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Boris used to be good for a laugh on Have I Got News For You.
But his behaviour and lies in the campaign and run up to Brexit was disgusting, but his abdication of all responsibility for the result he created is unforgivable. May never stood a chance. So if he fails in spectacular fashion in the next few months, it will be the best thing that could happen to him. But I do feel sorry for Britain and the horrendous mess right now. Its beyond depressing and quite embarrassing.

Trump praising Boris? God help us.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Maybe just me

but

I never knew boris and trump were born in the same city New York

and until 3 years ago boris was still an american citizen

cheers
jeremy
Old Jul 24th 2019, 7:48 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

The only glimmer of light I see in all this is at least Johnson will now be fully accountable for the lies and deceit he propagated during the EU referendum. The day after the referendum he went into hiding, but his vanity means he couldn't resist the lure of No.10 for long. Well, now he's there, he will have to face up to what he's done and wait for history to judge him. I fear it will not be as kindly as in his own mind.

What is truly frightening though is the glee with which Trump (and his puppetmasters) see the chance of working closely with Johnson (and his puppetmasters). Both Trump and Johnson are clever at getting what they want for themselves, but they are both utterly compromised individuals with no scruples or morals. The Conservative Party, and its deluded members who voted for Johnson, will take at least a generation to be forgiven for the havoc that is about to descend on the UK.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 11:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there will be a vote of no confidence, and an election, before the end of October. I've no idea what will happen then.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 1:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Boris, you hypocrite!

Old Jul 24th 2019, 1:37 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think there will be a vote of no confidence, and an election, before the end of October. I've no idea what will happen then.
I'm not sure I share your confidence in the lack of confidence of the House. MPs - particualrly Tory MPs - are a fickle and self-serving lot. As soon as they realize that a no-confidence vote means there's a possibility that they may lose their seat in the subsequent election, they may be more reluctant to trigger it.

I hope that's the way it goes, though. Jo Swinson for PM, anybody?
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:04 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I'm not sure I share your confidence in the lack of confidence of the House. MPs - particualrly Tory MPs - are a fickle and self-serving lot. As soon as they realize that a no-confidence vote means there's a possibility that they may lose their seat in the subsequent election, they may be more reluctant to trigger it.

Quite. For all the claims about not serving if Johnson gets it, I suspect there will be a long enough queue of Tory MPs now looking to kiss that ring.

I've been a Labour voter all my life, until the last Euro/council elections earlier this year, when I voted Lib Dem. At present I see no credible reason for me to go back to Labour, I shall vote Lib Dem next time too. I'm not saying I'm fully on board with all LD policies, nor indeed am I a fanboy of Jo Swinson, but by God, she'd have to do a poor job indeed to be a worse party leader than Jeremy Corbyn.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Here are my thoughts on what will happen. Boris and Donald will sign a massive trade deal, Boris will take UK out of the EU and withhold all payments to the EU, UK and USA will quit NATO and form their own alliance, leaving the EU and NATO broken, skint and defenseless.
You should probably consider consulting a psychiatrist.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
If I read the posts on here correctly, there seems to be a consensus that forces within the UK will somehow prevent a no deal and that unless Boris turns 180 degrees he'll be overwhelmed by the anti-no deal flood and be swept out of office.
We have a little over 3 months left in which to watch Boris to see whether he'll sink or swim.
I give him a fighting chance to leave on October 31st with a no-deal.
I don't expect the EU to reopen May's agreement because they'll think that Boris'll cave in but the man thinks he's Churchill and Arthur combined and the EU have yet to realise that Boris is not May.
I fully expect him, on October 31st, to be seen on the beach at Dover waving Excalibur yelling something about "fighting them on the beaches!" before throwing the sword into the sea.
You too.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:30 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Oakvillian

I'd say it depends strongly on his cabinet appointments. He (will next week) have a working majority of two. There are at least 20 Tory MPs who would support a no confidence vote if that were the only way to stop no-deal. If the Clown Prince loads his cabinet with ERG, that number would double or triple.

Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You too.
I thought this bit was accurate "I don't expect the EU to reopen May's agreement". I don't think BoJo expects that either.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeremy brewer
Hi
Maybe just me

but

I never knew boris and trump were born in the same city New York

and until 3 years ago boris was still an american citizen

cheers
jeremy
Yup and Trump’s mother was Scottish, which most probably makes him British by descent.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:33 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yup and Trump’s mother was Scottish, which most probably makes him British by descent.
Please delete that thought from the internet immediately.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:39 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I'm not saying I'm fully on board with all LD policies, nor indeed am I a fanboy of Jo Swinson, but by God, she'd have to do a poor job indeed to be a worse party leader than Jeremy Corbyn.
She did a very poor job when she was Minister for Business in the Cameron/Clegg stickup and she is/was staunchly pro-austerity.

As poisoned product. Don't touch with the bargepole.

And to paraphrase John and Yoko, give Jez a chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.