Plan of sorts

Old Oct 5th 2016, 1:02 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan of sorts

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I have had so much blood taken and IV's given in the last 4 years, any phobia I had of needles is long gone now...One blood taker in Squamish she was so good at it, I could never even feel the needle go in, near painless.

Now I did learn Doctors may not be the best person to take blood, holy mother the one time a doctor did it, was it ever painful.

Nurses are usually skilled, if they can't get the IV in by the 3rd time, I ask for another nurse rather then bring pricked over and over.
What???!! You are supposed to worship the ground on which we walk... How very dare you
Originally Posted by BEVS
MrBEVS and I would use a trained Phlebotomist over a doctor or nurse any day. They are given the knack of getting blood from a stone .

I must say I am really very chuffed for you both. Although I do realise it's early days in the planning it seems like a quality plan to me.

Well done the pair of you.

edit....

Y'know Phlebotomist is in immediate shortage here in NZ. In theory you could emigrate here if you had a job offer.
Me too
Old Oct 5th 2016, 1:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

MrBEVS and I would use a trained Phlebotomist over a doctor or nurse any day. They are given the knack of getting blood from a stone .

I must say I am really very chuffed for you both. Although I do realise it's early days in the planning it seems like a quality plan to me.

Well done the pair of you.

edit....

Y'know Phlebotomist is in immediate shortage here in NZ. In theory you could emigrate here if you had a job offer.

I had to look that word up...lol... First time I have have seen it.

New Zealand is a bit far for us, however eventually I do want to visit and see New Zealand, its on my list of places to visit.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 1:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
What???!! You are supposed to worship the ground on which we walk... How very dare you

Me too
lol....except for blood draws, me thinks you don't do enough to make it painless.....
Old Oct 5th 2016, 1:18 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

lol....except for blood draws, me thinks you don't do enough to make it painless.....
We are trained to wiggle the needle around.....a lot!
Old Oct 5th 2016, 1:23 am
I need a walk

I had to look that word up...lol... First time I have have seen it.

New Zealand is a bit far for us, however eventually I do want to visit and see New Zealand, its on my list of places to visit.
Often this is paired with another word...dead!

"Dead chuffed"..... Not "chuffed dead" !
Old Oct 5th 2016, 2:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
We are trained to wiggle the needle around.....a lot!
It's not so much the wiggling as the faffing around trying to get it in.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 2:42 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's not so much the wiggling as the faffing around trying to get it in.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 3:28 am
Account Closed

It was either phlebotomy or EMT to eventually paramedic, phlebotomy won as its not as time consuming, and gets one into the workforce sooner.

To be a paramedic is a multi-year commitment, 1 year to become an EMT, then you have to work at an EMT x amount of time, then 1 year or maybe its 1.5 years of paramedic training.

I did the first part of the EMT program in 2003 before coming to Canada and did well, but I was also 13 years younger....lol
Old Oct 5th 2016, 3:33 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

It was either phlebotomy or EMT to eventually paramedic, phlebotomy won as its not as time consuming, and gets one into the workforce sooner.

To be a paramedic is a multi-year commitment, 1 year to become an EMT, then you have to work at an EMT x amount of time, then 1 year or maybe its 1.5 years of paramedic training.

I did the first part of the EMT program in 2003 before coming to Canada and did well, but I was also 13 years younger....lol
I think phlebotomy is a great choice for you. It's often combined with taking ECGs. Can be tiring, you walk a few miles working in a hospital going to all the patients.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 3:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I think phlebotomy is a great choice for you...Can be tiring, you walk a few miles working in a hospital going to all the patients.
Yes...when you're a regular at the blood clinic you tend to think they all stay there but when you are a patient, or with one, and you recognise someone who comes to take blood you realise it's not necessarily two different teams
Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We have dedicated Medlabs here which are dotted all over New Zealand. You go to them. They don't come to you.

Go in with your blood test referral. Wait your turn. Blood taken and on your way.

No charge as it comes within what you pay to your Med Centre . All trained phlebotomists.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

We have dedicated Medlabs here which are dotted all over New Zealand. You go to them. They don't come to you.
Unless I missed something from earlier , the bit about them coming to you was when you are a patient in the hospital and they come to your bed, walking up and down stairs and along corridors which can mean covering a lot of ground.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Go in with ycbour blood test referral. Wait your turn. Blood taken and on your way.

No charge as it comes within what you pay to your Med Centre . All trained phlebotomists.

I was thinking of in a hospital as that's my background. The lab technicians/phlebotomists are often run off their feet going to Emerge, inpatients, and then back to out patients and like most jobs that involve tests bring ordered every department thinks theirs is the most important.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Phlebotomy tech, the folks who draw blood.
I did this, part-time, for 10 years. Loved it.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Unless I missed something from earlier , the bit about them coming to you was when you are a patient in the hospital .
Originally Posted by bats
I was thinking of in a hospital as that's my background.
Ah! 'Course. I suppose that would be so.

Don't they have dedicated Medlab type clinics in the USA and Canada then for people needing a blood test but who are not in hospital?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.