Plan of sorts

Old Aug 18th 2016, 9:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan of sorts

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
it's like California but without the sales tax and all the people.....

You can buy booze in California grocery stores, gas stations, 7/11, pretty sure Wal-Mart and Target sell a selection of booze as well, the types can vary, some can't or don't sell hard stuff like 7/11 which normally just has beer and Smirnoff ice type beverages.

Cheap in Calif as well, venture its not much higher in Oregon unless Oregon taxes it like mad.....

First trip to Oregon is in October, for 2 days, just going for a mini-vacay and to see an aquarium there, not going to scout places or towns, we just can't make it to/from San Diego in 3 days....
I spent all my time there in Eugene. Its nice to see so many athletes that train at the uni at the Olympics. Its a lovely, albeit a bit of a scruffy town.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:03 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
No sales tax and you can buy beer in the supermarket and at petrol stations.
Very civilised. I didn't appreciate that the weather is better than Southern BC, but I suppose it is that much further south. The fact that it has an actual accessible coastline is a big plus too.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

it's like California but without the sales tax and all the people.....

You can buy booze in California grocery stores, gas stations, 7/11, pretty sure Wal-Mart and Target sell a selection of booze as well, the types can vary, some can't or don't sell hard stuff like 7/11 which normally just has beer and Smirnoff ice type beverages.

Cheap in Calif as well, venture its not much higher in Oregon unless Oregon taxes it like mad.....

First trip to Oregon is in October, for 2 days, just going for a mini-vacay and to see an aquarium there, not going to scout places or towns, we just can't make it to/from San Diego in 3 days....
Is it the Oregon aquarium in Newport, Or? If so, that is a great aquarium.

Oregon is probably in my top 3 states along with VT and NH. Cheap beer (and good beer too), beautiful scenery, few noticeable urban ills, high ratio of beatup Subarus and VW's and a pleasant climate.

Eugene is a major hippie town. The last holdout of the Woodstock generation. The Saturday morning market there is a sight to behold.

FYI... self serve gas stations are not permitted in Oregon except for on an indian reserve. It takes some getting used to when a person comes and pumps your gas for you.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
FYI... self serve gas stations are not permitted in Oregon except for on an indian reserve. It takes some getting used to when a person comes and pumps your gas for you.
I used to travel annually AZ to BC vv and tried to get thru' Oregon without a refuel because of that law.
A senior citizen would approach my minivan and ask "How much gas?" I'd say "fill 'er up" then watched as their hand shook while moving the hose, remove the cap and put the hose in...then come back and ask "how much gas?"
Old Aug 19th 2016, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Is it the Oregon aquarium in Newport, Or? If so, that is a great aquarium.

Oregon is probably in my top 3 states along with VT and NH. Cheap beer (and good beer too), beautiful scenery, few noticeable urban ills, high ratio of beatup Subarus and VW's and a pleasant climate.

Eugene is a major hippie town. The last holdout of the Woodstock generation. The Saturday morning market there is a sight to behold.

Yes that is the aquarium, just found about it when randomly when I was looking at schools and saw the school in that town had an Aquarist program, and then found the aquarium, so figured it would be a nice little trip to make, I am always up for new aquariums I have not been to before, and I've never really been to Oregon either other than flying through the Portland airport to make a connection.

Oh yes, I always forget about their silly gas rule. We have a couple city's in the region who do the same, so weird, and considering most don't pay cash, driver still has to get out, put their debit or credit in the pump and do everything else except pump, just a job creation scheme,

If I were younger, I would pursue that program, however its super competitive, and academics isn't my strong suit, and its unlikely I could ever become academically competitive enough, academics has never been my strong suit.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 19th 2016 at 4:00 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yay !! Glad to see you back and things looking up.... Just a question, does part of your plan include getting Canadian citizenship so you can come back if things go south ? Or if I am not mistaken since you guys are married and superdoggal80 is a Canadian citizen you can just keep your PR when you move? What is the immigration pathway for her looking like to the US?
Old Aug 21st 2016, 6:37 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
What is the immigration pathway for her looking like to the US?
Probably a lot more difficult then Canadian PR. Like the UK, PR the sponsor has to prove a certain income.

My friend is married to an American guy and they live in the UK and told me this.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Very civilised. I didn't appreciate that the weather is better than Southern BC, but I suppose it is that much further south. The fact that it has an actual accessible coastline is a big plus too.
Indeed.

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Probably a lot more difficult then Canadian PR. Like the UK, PR the sponsor has to prove a certain income.

My friend is married to an American guy and they live in the UK and told me this.

There are certainly a few more hurdles to sponsor a spouse to the US, appears to be more steps, and more money needed on various fees, doesn't look overly difficult, just more steps involved.

The income could come into an issue, however I do believe they allow a co-sponsor which someone in the family would do if needed.

The USG website confuses me a bit, so not entirely sure of all the steps yet.

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yay !! Glad to see you back and things looking up.... Just a question, does part of your plan include getting Canadian citizenship so you can come back if things go south ? Or if I am not mistaken since you guys are married and superdoggal80 is a Canadian citizen you can just keep your PR when you move? What is the immigration pathway for her looking like to the US?

May get Canadian citizenship, all depends on the final time frame of things and of course money.

She is a Canadian citizen but I haven't a clue if that makes any difference in my PR status once out of Canada.

Long term we want to own, and likely will have no reason to return, so really haven't gotten that far along into the plans yet.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 1:13 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I
The income could come into an issue, however I do believe they allow a co-sponsor which someone in the family would do if needed.
Yep thats how my friend is doing it.

Her husband's family are going to sponsor I believe
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.
She is a Canadian citizen but I haven't a clue if that makes any difference in my PR status once out of Canada.
A PR accompanying a Canadian citizen that is their spouse/CLP outside of Canada complies with their Residency Obligation. It doesn't matter who is accompanying who or what the purpose is. But you can't count those days towards citizenship.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

I just have to get over the hurdle of these emails.

My rejection rate is far higher then likely most and man do these constant emails really take a toll on ones self esteem.

If only the companies could tell you exactly what they don't like so you can work on it. But of course they would be fools to do so bit would make things easier.

"Thank you for your interest in the Labeling and packaging position at Pet Food company. We have reviewed your application.

Unfortunately, you are not the right fit for the position at this time."
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

"Thank you for your interest in the Labeling and packaging position at Pet Food company. We have reviewed your application.

Unfortunately, you are not the right fit for the position at this time."
Have you told them you have a dog?
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of us experience this, or have experienced this JS and we know exactly how you feel. It isn't nice for anyone. You think it's just you but it really isn't.

A colleague once said to me: you have to keep on applying and develop a thick skin.

S
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

I know others can have trouble as well.

Applying for jobs is almost the worst thing one can do I think when trying to build self esteem and confidence. Lol

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Most of us experience this, or have experienced this JS and we know exactly how you feel. It isn't nice for anyone. You think it's just you but it really isn't.

A colleague once said to me: you have to keep on applying and develop a thick skin.

S
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 11:59 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Could you make it a "numbers game"? Set a super high target, like 10,000 and then apply quickly without emotionally investing much (or anything) into the application process, and then be pleasantly surprised if someone comes back to you. It's a good idea not to attach your esteem to the process. Assume every application will end in rejection, but value the fact that you have sent another one off. Just an idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.