Pissed already!!!!

Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Pissed already!!!!

Hi all

NovaGirl here, have the font sizes changed since earlier?

Well, anyway i spoke to the QE11 today & they have booked me in for, well i have to spend sometime with them near the end of August. On a positive note i am very excited of having the possibility of having my health back, but i must confess i feel a little nervous.

We thought we would celebrate with a drink & as i have only just started to drink the odd beer here, thats what we had.

Ok, in under 10 minutes i was well flushed, this made me cross, followed by the lack of keyboard skills. 15 minutes later i had necked half a bottle! By the way that was half a bottle in total gone & half left. My eye started to hurt, then my head, by this time i was a really deep deep red.

I am not a heavy drinker, never have been, but now on the road to recovery my question is in the future what drinks should i go for?

Beer isn't really my thing but i thought its pretty weak, i can drink that.

Please please do tell what drinks do you drink?

Which drinks can you drink without falling over?

I need help! Imagine going to diner, being asked if you would like a glass of wine, saying no, well ok then. Wait for it in 10 minutes i will be smiling & not at anything funny, usually i can hold back the sick before the meal is served.

All i want is to beable to have a couple of drinks without well, being silly, no idea what i can do about the flush thing.

Last edited by NovaGirl; Apr 30th 2008 at 2:10 am.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:12 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pissed already!!!!

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Hi all

NovaGirl here, have the font sizes changed since earlier?

Well, anyway i spoke to the QE11 today & they have booked me in for, well i have to spend sometime with them near the end of August. On a positive note i am very excited of having the possibility of having my health back, but i must confess i feel a little nervous.

We thought we would celebrate with a drink & as i have only just started to drink the odd beer here, thats what we had.

Ok, in under 10 minutes i was well flushed, this made me cross, followed by the lack of keyboard skills. 15 minutes later i had necked half a bottle! By the way that was half a bottle in total gone & half left. My eye started to hurt, then my head, by this time i was a really deep deep red.

I am not a heavy drinker, never have been, but now on the road to recovery my question is in the future what drinks should i go for?

Beer isn't really my thing but i thought its pretty weak, i can drink that.

Please please do tell what drinks do you drink?

Which drinks can you drink without falling over?

I need help! Imagine going to diner, being asked if you would like a glass of wine, saying no, well ok then. Wait for it in 10 minutes i will be smiling & not at anything funny, usually i can hold back the sick before the meal is served.

All i want is to beable to have a couple of drinks without well, being silly, no idea what i can do about the flush thing.
Bloody hell.

I'd recommend Absinthe.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

sounds like babycham(sp?) for you!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Bloody hell.

I'd recommend Absinthe.
the Czech version or the North American version???

I tried giving karma for that one but I've been told to spread it around a bit first
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I am just not very good at drinking these days. There was a time where I would have drank anything that I could find, but those days are over.

I am also quite wimpish about the after effects. I used never to get a hangover, that progressed to drinking on a Saturday night and having to veg out all day Sunday. Nowadays, I still feel ill on Wednesday

The thing with drinking is that it is like any other skill. If you want to be good at it you just have to practice. So, stick at it and when you have done enough of it you may perfect the art.

In the meantime, just drink anything that has a low alcohol content and alot of mixer. I am currently into a 70's style beverage of Martini and lemonade, not the vodka martini's you get over there, but the straight vermouth type that passes for martini in the UK.

What ever you drink....enjoy
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:25 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
the Czech version or the North American version???
I know what you mean. The world has been a poorer place since the French stuff was banned.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:28 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet grape-flavoured Kool-Aid is nice. It will certainly cure that flushing thing.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Novocastrian

This could have been a possiblility but its bitter to the taste, i know little else

about it in terms of strenght, availability & cost!

Know of any sweet drinks?

LYNN! I have practiced & for 20 years, well a bit more, since being here we have drank even less latley, you aren't helping! At least you had your time. Come on Lynne name me a couple of nice sweet drinks that i can buy & rremember where i am on the North Shore, if i can't get it what good is it to me?

Babycham? Well how thoughtful!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

HWP - is this really true?

I bet grape-flavoured Kool-Aid is nice. It will certainly cure that flushing thing.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

& rremember where i am on the North Shore, if i can't get it what good is it to me?
but, on the North Shore, does not the nectar of the Gods drip constantly into your mouth?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
but, on the North Shore, does not the nectar of the Gods drip constantly into your mouth?

Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

I don't think she's from the North Shore and you've all been tricked.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:54 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dbd33
Nectar and Absinthe mix well. Just ask Pablo.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:55 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
I think you are from the North Shore, and I think you've been tricked.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Just because you are p****d again, there is no need to take it out on others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.