Pierre Poilievre

Old Oct 9th 2022, 9:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pierre Poilievre

Originally Posted by Mackem_66
Well who should I take notice of, a world famous archaeologist and historian who has collaborated with the BBC, or some no-marks in a crummy canadian internet forum, lol?
Well, instead of paying attention to me, you could google him and see the conspiracy and denial stuff or just read the comments on the youtube videos to see the sort of nutters he attracts. But then I suspect you already know why he appeals to you.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 10:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Great insight here by Neil Oliver on his latest monologue on how left wing authoritarian governments led by such as Ardern and Trudeau are seeking to eliminate dissent and control the populace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2rOYxOkIE

The problem for far right posters is that, in order to gain credibility with everyone else, they have to cite credible sources; obviously the Guardian and the Atlantic aren't going to publish supportive articles, but even the Telegraph and the FT aren't on board with these policies and attitudes. Thus, they're left with Breitbart, the National Enquirer, ONAN, the Daily Mail and GB News. Citing any of those as a source makes one a figure of fun but they've nothing else. Get Marina Hyde on board and I'll give you five minutes.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 10:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well who should I take notice of, a world famous archaeologist and historian who has collaborated with the BBC, or some no-marks in a crummy canadian internet forum, lol?

David Icke, are you thinking of?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 10:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
David Icke, are you thinking of?
Right said Fred?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 11:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Right said Fred?
Lest anyone think I discount lunatics simply for being lunatics, "don't stick your vote in crazy", I gave this video a go.

He describes Jacinda Arden as "being on a rant". Eh? Has he ever heard Ms. Calm and Rational speak? Then there's an advert targeted at the very gullible "you won't believe ...". Well, no, obviously not. After the advert he explains that New Zealand's covid policy didn't work, despite it being the envy of the world. He suggests that Arden is a "petty tyrant" despite her being a fabulously popular leader of a democracy. He tells us her innermost thoughts, kind of surprising he would know that pillow talk stuff, him being a ragged, smelly looking oik and her being married and on the other side of the world.

There is an extended period of quotes from various books with no attempt to tie them to the theme, if any, of his talk. After that he describes Arden as a "would be tyrant", better I suppose, that the actual tyrant she was before the break but a line of thought not supported by anything at all, She may as well be described as a "would be astronaut". He says she's a globalist, an anti-semetic smear, apparently not realizing that she's not Jewish.

The next section deals with the insides of peoples' heads. I gave up. He's stoned, he's having a laugh, good for him.

Old Oct 10th 2022, 10:29 am
Oscar nominated

Birds of a feather...

Infowars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is a big fan of Poilievre

That's Alex Jones, the man who claimed Sandy Hook didn't happen, they were actors...one of many who said the election was stolen from Trump...helped fund the Capitol rioters...
Just last week, Jones told his audience that he’s a big fan of Pierre Poilievre, calling him part of a “rising” movement of far-right leaders “all over the world.”

Jones put the new Conservative party leader in the same ranks as Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and Giorgia Meloni, who’s expected to become Italy’s next prime minister, in leading the fight against “the New World Order” — which conspiracy theorists claim is a group of elites who are working in secret to dominate the world’s economies and events.
...flock together.
While he insists his hands are clean, Poilievre has been courting the same body of extremists, conspiracy theorists and far-right activists that Jones has been firing up for years. True, Poilievre isn’t spewing lies and hatred on a scale like Jones. But never one to criticize his friends on the far right, Poilievre insists any suggestion he’s cosying up to these thugs is wrong. Disturbingly, though, Poilievre has done nothing to distance himself from the conspiracy-fuelled, far-right bigots and zealots in Canada — and now ones around the world, thanks to Jones’ endorsement.
Nothing to be worried about there then.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 2:25 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Great insight here by Neil Oliver on his latest monologue on how left wing authoritarian governments led by such as Ardern and Trudeau are seeking to eliminate dissent and control the populace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh2rOYxOkIE
Used to like Neil Oliver until I realized how much of a conspiracy theorist he is !
Old Oct 10th 2022, 2:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Lest anyone think I discount lunatics simply for being lunatics, "don't stick your vote in crazy", I gave this video a go.

He describes Jacinda Arden as "being on a rant". Eh? Has he ever heard Ms. Calm and Rational speak? Then there's an advert targeted at the very gullible "you won't believe ...". Well, no, obviously not. After the advert he explains that New Zealand's covid policy didn't work, despite it being the envy of the world. He suggests that Arden is a "petty tyrant" despite her being a fabulously popular leader of a democracy. He tells us her innermost thoughts, kind of surprising he would know that pillow talk stuff, him being a ragged, smelly looking oik and her being married and on the other side of the world.

There is an extended period of quotes from various books with no attempt to tie them to the theme, if any, of his talk. After that he describes Arden as a "would be tyrant", better I suppose, that the actual tyrant she was before the break but a line of thought not supported by anything at all, She may as well be described as a "would be astronaut". He says she's a globalist, an anti-semetic smear, apparently not realizing that she's not Jewish.

The next section deals with the insides of peoples' heads. I gave up. He's stoned, he's having a laugh, good for him.
Thanks for doing the heavy lifting. Could listening to his wacky ideas, although occasionally I'll give him a few minutes on GB News. Entertainment purposes, not news !
Old Oct 10th 2022, 2:32 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Birds of a feather...

Infowars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is a big fan of Poilievre

That's Alex Jones, the man who claimed Sandy Hook didn't happen, they were actors...one of many who said the election was stolen from Trump...helped fund the Capitol rioters...
...flock together.

Nothing to be worried about there then.
There's talk of the era of serious political leaders being gone. Social media being all too powerful.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 10:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Shard
There's talk of the era of serious political leaders being gone. Social media being all too powerful.
And yet there's AOC, serious political leader and star of social media.
Old Oct 11th 2022, 4:02 pm
Yo

And yet there's AOC, serious political leader and star of social media.
Well the discussion was about how social media has come to dominate politics, and so all the leaders (or rising stars) calibrate their political stances to what will play well on social media. It's like an extension of "soundbite politics" because of the instant feedback (and momentum building) in social media. The downside is that it is that much more difficult to propose and implement complex policy. Hence Truss, not Sunak.
Old Oct 11th 2022, 5:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well the discussion was about how social media has come to dominate politics, and so all the leaders (or rising stars) calibrate their political stances to what will play well on social media. It's like an extension of "soundbite politics" because of the instant feedback (and momentum building) in social media. The downside is that it is that much more difficult to propose and implement complex policy. Hence Truss, not Sunak.
Firstly, Not that it's likely anyone voting in the Conservative leadership election is exposed to Instagram or Tik Tok, they likely see Facebook as a new fangled tool of the devil. How many followers does JRM have for his dance videos?

I expect television was the death of serious politicians and the newspaper before that. Having the ability to present one's case with pith and style doesn't make the case being made any less well thought out. Sunak is a brown man who sought to lead a conservative party through an election involving only the oldest and most reactionary followers of that party. Truss is a woman but, at least, she's white. I think that result was a foregone conclusion.

In any case, the implication that Truss has some sort of knack for social media is risible, she's the butt of online jokes not a star of the gram.

Old Oct 11th 2022, 10:21 pm
Yo

Firstly, Not that it's likely anyone voting in the Conservative leadership election is exposed to Instagram or Tik Tok, they likely see Facebook as a new fangled tool of the devil. How many followers does JRM have for his dance videos?

I expect television was the death of serious politicians and the newspaper before that. Having the ability to present one's case with pith and style doesn't make the case being made any less well thought out. Sunak is a brown man who sought to lead a conservative party through an election involving only the oldest and most reactionary followers of that party. Truss is a woman but, at least, she's white. I think that result was a foregone conclusion.

In any case, the implication that Truss has some sort of knack for social media is risible, she's the butt of online jokes not a star of the gram.
Despite the voting base, I really don't think it came down to colour. I hope not. I think it was Truss' hyper populism and Mrs T tribute show.

The Disgusted of TB might not be on Insta but they hear about Twitter, IG, etc through the papers and broadcast media who themselves parrot what's been said on social media.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was Truss' hyper populism and Mrs T tribute show.
Hard to see why it went off the rails so soon...
Old Oct 17th 2022, 10:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by abner
Hard to see why it went off the rails so soon...
It went off the rails because her economic policy, borrow lots of money to give tax cuts to a few rich people, was more glaringly stupid than Brexit; an achievement for the ages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.