Pierre Poilievre

Old Oct 6th 2022, 1:07 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pierre Poilievre

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Of course, we could debate all day about how late is acceptable for its use as a contraception/why morning after pill is not acceptable.
We could, or we could, alternatively, say that if it's not me who is pregnant then it's none of my f***ng business.

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I am not getting involved with a debate about child support.
So why raise the issue in the first place? That seems a somewhat typically weaselly thing for you to do on this forum. It takes two people to get one of them pregnant. If a man doesn't want to run the risk of having to pay child support, perhaps he shouldn't have stuck his parts where he might reasonably expect that to be the outcome?
Old Oct 6th 2022, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
We could, or we could, alternatively, say that if it's not me who is pregnant then it's none of my f***ng business.

So why raise the issue in the first place? That seems a somewhat typically weaselly thing for you to do on this forum. It takes two people to get one of them pregnant. If a man doesn't want to run the risk of having to pay child support, perhaps he shouldn't have stuck his parts where he might reasonably expect that to be the outcome?
I raised the issue to demonstrate that it is a nuanced topic.

Legislators have to determine the "what date is too late?" issue.

Taking the "my body, my choice" argument to an extreme, is it appropriate for a person to elect to have an abortion at 38 weeks? If not, then when is the time when acceptable, becomes unacceptable?

If both parties have conducted themselves in a way so that a pregnancy occurs and if it is acceptable that the woman can choose to abort, shouldn't it also be the case that, if the woman wishes to proceed but the man doesn't want her to, she should do so on the basis that she is financially responsible? If not, why not?

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Oct 6th 2022 at 1:57 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mackem_66
So you offer nothing more concrete than the usual innuendo spouted by Trudeau's loyal journos at the CBC. A "quick google" as you put it, shows that PP has repeatedly stated there would be no abortion legislation passed on his watch.
You are wasting your time arguing on here if some of the remarkable comments are anything to go by. I am still learning about Poilevre and his platform, but one thing is mightily clear: black face, SNC Lavelin, she remembered it differently Trudeau is a failure on his own terms, and clearly incomptent when it comes to executing on any given policy. As for Singh, some interesting ideas that most people would say are reasonable, others barking mad.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 11:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
You are wasting your time arguing on here if some of the remarkable comments are anything to go by. I am still learning about Poilevre and his platform, but one thing is mightily clear: black face, SNC Lavelin, she remembered it differently Trudeau is a failure on his own terms, and clearly incomptent when it comes to executing on any given policy. As for Singh, some interesting ideas that most people would say are reasonable, others barking mad.

All of that seems reasonable enough and yet the Conservative is glaringly a worse choice than the allegedly failed Liberal or the allegedly barking mad NDP candidate. PP would only take things away. He's not a person who contributes, as we can see from his life as a career bureaucrat.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 11:50 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

https://globalnews.ca/news/9178531/p...romote-videos/

this today on Global.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 12:07 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
All of that seems reasonable enough and yet the Conservative is glaringly a worse choice than the allegedly failed Liberal or the allegedly barking mad NDP candidate. PP would only take things away. He's not a person who contributes, as we can see from his life as a career bureaucrat.
Indeed, the utter failure of the CPC is to offer an acceptable alternative to JT's LIberals. Aping Trump (The hashtag #SkinnyTrump was trending on twitter after PP's election), fueling division, cozying up to those who would seek to overturn a democratically elected government without the inconvenience of policy, campaigning, elections, are not the way (one hopes) to do it. I think JT is a triumph of presentation over content & utterly cloth eared at times. I'd prefer him and his party over PP and the CPC any day of the week.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
The Libs are scraping the barrel with this non-story, a link, probably put in years ago, to a tiny bunch of guys who don't want to have much to do with women. I don't even see how they qualify as misogynistic. I'm much more concerned about Trudeau collaborating with the WEF to develop a Chinese style digital passport for Canadians, a necessary step towards a social credit system. I don't remember that being in the Liberal manifesto at the last election. But hey, take your medicine on demand and eat those bugs like a good boy and you will be fine.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

You're right, I get shot down for suggesting that PP might be a better option for PM than an incompetent, divisive chump who's only talent is for spending other people's money. Any one of the major scandals surrounding JT over the last seven years would likely have forced the resignation of a British PM but Justin is apparently made of Teflon to his loyal fan club.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 2:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, I get shot down for suggesting that PP might be a better option for PM ...
No you don't, you get shot down for claims of living in a nanny state, being a denier and nonsense like the following claim.
Any one of the major scandals surrounding JT over the last seven years would likely have forced the resignation of a British PM ...
Far bigger scandals didn't though, did they.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 2:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Any one of the major scandals surrounding JT over the last seven years would likely have forced the resignation of a British PM but Justin is apparently made of Teflon to his loyal fan club.
Have you heard of this Boris Johnson chap?
Old Oct 7th 2022, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No you don't, you get shot down for claims of living in a nanny state, being a denier and nonsense like the following claim.

Far bigger scandals didn't though, did they.
Lol, you must be very out of touch with how people think in Britain. You can't imagine the reaction if the UK government implemented the War Measures Act over a non violent demonstration and threatened to close the bank accounts of folk who donated a few dollars to the truckers? You think that is any way comparable to Boris having cake and wine with his work colleagues on this birthday during the lockdown? Bye the way, I'd swap Bojo for Fidelito on any day of the week and the Tory party have screwed themselves by kicking him out.
I can't be arsed to argue any more with you.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 3:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, you must be very out of touch with how people think in Britain. You can't imagine the reaction if the UK government implemented the War Measures Act over a non violent demonstration and threatened to close the bank accounts of folk who donated a few dollars to the truckers?
So you don't remember that very same thing happening back in the miner's strike, even to people just travelling on the motorways and not involved in it? Selective or just too young?
You think that is any way comparable to Boris having cake and wine with his work colleagues on this birthday during the lockdown?
Are you unaware of all the other scandals or just being selective again?
Bye the way, I'd swap Bojo for Fidelito on any day of the week and the Tory party have screwed themselves by kicking him out.
Of course you would. Very likely Trump too.

Old Oct 7th 2022, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

On what score is he worse, I am genuinely curious?

I just watched some of the recent question period where PP was challenging the government on inflation over the cost of Thanksgiving dinner. There were stats deployed in said question. Trudeau ignores the question and then has the bare faced cheek to go on about PP recruiting a misogynisticc group to his cause. There was a concrete response from PP on that, as well as him bringing up the likes of Jodie (I forget the rest of her name), the multiple blackface incidents etc. The list goes on with Trudeau as you know. Ask questions on matters of governance that affect everyone, get dragged into a mud fight by a first class hypocrite over misogyny. You must really have some interesting facts about PP to be able to claim "**** 'em" or he is "glaringly worse". I am looking forward to a small sample.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 5:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

On what score is he worse, I am genuinely curious?

I just watched some of the recent question period where PP was challenging the government on inflation over the cost of Thanksgiving dinner. There were stats deployed in said question. Trudeau ignores the question and then has the bare faced cheek to go on about PP recruiting a misogynisticc group to his cause. There was a concrete response from PP on that, as well as him bringing up the likes of Jodie (I forget the rest of her name), the multiple blackface incidents etc. The list goes on with Trudeau as you know. Ask questions on matters of governance that affect everyone, get dragged into a mud fight by a first class hypocrite over misogyny. You must really have some interesting facts about PP to be able to claim "**** 'em" or he is "glaringly worse". I am looking forward to a small sample.
We've been around this before. Canadian politicians are typically corrupt, Mulroney, and Airbus, Chretien and golf courses, it's accepted here and there's no reason to suppose another Prime Minister would be different. Trudeau seems to be personally insufferable but he's done no harm to freedoms in Canada and that's the low standard by which we have to judge politicians now.

PP is frightening as he consorts with terrorists and represents a movement primarily concerned with the repression of civil liberties; abortion, gay marriage, etc. The argument that Harper also wanted to repress freedoms and wasn't successful so we shouldn't worry about PP doesn't hold up, the world has changed and there are more lunatics in positions of power now, Trump, Hawley, DeSantis, PP himself. Conservative governments are terrible for the economy due to their focus on concentrating wealth, Canada can probably survive a short bout of that but, why would we want to? PP offers nothing good.
Old Oct 7th 2022, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

We've been around this before. Canadian politicians are typically corrupt, Mulroney, and Airbus, Chretien and golf courses, it's accepted here and there's no reason to suppose another Prime Minister would be different. Trudeau seems to be personally insufferable but he's done no harm to freedoms in Canada and that's the low standard by which we have to judge politicians now.

PP is frightening as he consorts with terrorists and represents a movement primarily concerned with the repression of civil liberties; abortion, gay marriage, etc. The argument that Harper also wanted to repress freedoms and wasn't successful so we shouldn't worry about PP doesn't hold up, the world has changed and there are more lunatics in positions of power now, Trump, Hawley, DeSantis, PP himself. Conservative governments are terrible for the economy due to their focus on concentrating wealth, Canada can probably survive a short bout of that but, why would we want to? PP offers nothing good.
Well at least you answered a direct question.

I agree that politicians are corupt but what Trudeau does is fling mud on social issues, instead of governing. Like I said, when asked about inflation, he chooses to go on the attack about what I now know is some hastag #mgtow. How does Trudeau, with his own abysmal record on these standards, get a pass on this and yet people like Trump (who I don't see as relevant), Boris the idiot or Harper (who seems to keep coming up in these discussions) don't? If you point the finger at PP, then you have to point that same finger at Trudeau. And, incidentally, PP is on record about his positions on abortion and gay marriage. It seems to add up as he won't seek to change anything but his party can have private members free votes (a waste of time, in my view).

Strip that nonsense way then and you are left with policies, your record in government. I don't know if you have sought to understand what PP is offering but it seems like he wouldn't even get a hearing, even if his platform might benefit you, or wider society. What exactly is wrong with allowing people to keep more of their pay cheque, or utilising the proceeds of fossil fuels to build the green industries of the future? What is wrong with having a basic understanding of how an economy functions? And what is Trudeau offering that is superior because I can't see it. Hell, at the last election, he spent most of his time flinging mud than discussing any type of vision or economic policy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.