Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Petition to unfreeze UK pensions for those living abroad

Petition to unfreeze UK pensions for those living abroad

Old Jan 24th 2022, 2:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition to unfreeze UK pensions for those living abroad

Originally Posted by Mordko

By the way, most Ontario landlords are subsidizing renters.
I assume you have a link in support of that as it's counter intuitive. The most common landlord is the person who rents out the basement in order to meet the mortgage, that kind of landlord is making a profit, probably undeclared. There are a great number of BTL landlords for whom the game is the value of the rented house, they may not be turning a large profit on their rental units in the short term but taking into account the property value, they are. What's left? Large commercial landlords with decaying properties falling in value where all the tenants subject to rent control? Even if there is one that's fewer than the basement renters.

I doubt you can substantiate this claim. However, if you would like to put your money where you mouth is, I'd be interested in a pied-a-terre near the market and will pay five hundred bucks a month.