Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Personal recommendations for alarm companies in Toronto?

Personal recommendations for alarm companies in Toronto?

Old Jan 11th 2014, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute
Default Personal recommendations for alarm companies in Toronto?

Our house was broken into while we were away over Thanksgiving, and we've decided to start doing some research into Alarm Companies in Toronto. Does anyone have any personal recommendations they can give?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 11:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal recommendations for alarm companies in Toronto?

Originally Posted by conjonway
Our house was broken into while we were away over Thanksgiving, and we've decided to start doing some research into Alarm Companies in Toronto. Does anyone have any personal recommendations they can give?

Thanks!
My husband worked for one for 21 years before we moved to Australia. I'll pm you
Old Jan 12th 2014, 11:46 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We have Alarm force. If the alarm goes off then the man or lady in the control centre ask you to identify your self and tells you the police have been dispatched. It's quiet scary. You have to give your name and a pre arranged password. They also put smoke detectors in. They do have the video thing where you can watch you house while you are away, but I didn't go for that option. I like our system because when my husband is away I can set the alarm by the phone at the side of the bed.

I have set ours off twice, the first time I did try and ket in the numbers once the alarm went off but it wouldn't cancel out the alarm. Quiet a good security feature. Any way suits us and we have had no problems.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
We have Alarm force. If the alarm goes off then the man or lady in the control centre ask you to identify your self and tells you the police have been dispatched. It's quiet scary. You have to give your name and a pre arranged password. They also put smoke detectors in. They do have the video thing where you can watch you house while you are away, but I didn't go for that option. I like our system because when my husband is away I can set the alarm by the phone at the side of the bed.

I have set ours off twice, the first time I did try and ket in the numbers once the alarm went off but it wouldn't cancel out the alarm. Quiet a good security feature. Any way suits us and we have had no problems.
Thanks Dorothy!

AlarmForce are probably the top of my list, I think their basic package is pretty reasonable! Thanks for the advice!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 2:52 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

We have worked with one of the bigger companies, there was little or no service and the contract, with them for 10 years. Decided to go with a smaller local firm, best thing we did, get excellent service, the cost is no higher and whenever we need something they are 5 minutes away.

Fortunately we had no contract with the bigger firm, however they did not let that stop them trying to bill us for an extra year. Only when I told them to take us to court did it stop.

From my experience, I suggest a local independent supplier.