PCness gone MAD?!!

Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:25 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCness gone MAD?!!

OK,

Define Obama. IE racial group.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:46 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
OK,

Good question. He is, from what I've read from a melting pot. White mother from Kansas, father a Kenyan scholar? Raised primarily in Hawaii and benefiting from private school/ivy league education by white extended family.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:53 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saskia65
Good question. He is, from what I've read from a melting pot. White mother from Kansas, father a Kenyan scholar? Raised primarily in Hawaii and benefiting from private school/ivy league education by white extended family.
Thanks for that Sas but I was hoping for Mandy to define.
BTW White is no longer classed as a racial group in some circles, equally Kenyans can be 'Black', Caucasian, of Indian Subcontinent Heritage or any other myriad combination\origin
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:55 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that Sas but I was hoping for Mandy to define.
BTW White is no longer classed as a racial group in some circles, equally Kenyans can be 'Black', Caucasian, of Indian Subcontinent Heritage or any other myriad combination\origin

Oops, sorry I waded in. I find the whole Obama thing fascinating.

I stand corrected on the 'white' bit...I can't keep up with what is appropriate to say, or not to say.....
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

OK,

To me he doesn't have a particular racial group. He isn't really a 'politician' either imo. And I mean that in a very positive way - being called a 'politician' has become an insult in the Sinope household.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:44 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
This is exactly right - in any situation, not just racism. If clues and pointers lead to certain conclusions then they should be listened for.

How do you think a lot of cases of abuse are hilighted? Not from one child saying mummy didn,t give me any dinner, more from a build up of such events.

However a tricky thing to do at such a young age is for a teacher to recondition a childs way of thinking should they be in a situation where they can blatantly see that a child is being taught "certain" things.

You will not get a 4 or 5 year old to go against their parents for fear of punishment if they are that way inclined
Now admittedly I have only got to this point in the thread but one question I would pose straight away is that with MMCs statement highlighted.....Does this show that the workers in this area....(Teachers and Nursery/Early Years workers) are IN GENERAL...Far too young. They have a script to follow and if its not on the script they are not totally sure what to do, so this is when they rely on the governmental prairie oysters...(thanks Bazz I do like that phrase) to cover their own inadequacies.

I guess what I am saying in a nutshell is....are Children left to supervise Children without true and proper training and / or life experience to understand what common sense is? AND Dare I say all because it is cheaper?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Now admittedly I have only got to this point in the thread but one question I would pose straight away is that with MMCs statement highlighted.....Does this show that the workers in this area....(Teachers and Nursery/Early Years workers) are IN GENERAL...Far too young. They have a script to follow and if its not on the script they are not totally sure what to do, so this is when they rely on the governmental prairie oysters...(thanks Bazz I do like that phrase) to cover their own inadequacies.

I guess what I am saying in a nutshell is....are Children left to supervise Children without true and proper training and / or life experience to understand what common sense is? AND Dare I say all because it is cheaper?
Not all nurserys but a significant number do employ young girls with no true vocation or empathy for children. This is hearsay though, not my experience as my daughter doesn't attend nursery.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinope
Not all nurserys but a significant number do employ young girls with no true vocation or empathy for children. This is hearsay though, not my experience as my daughter doesn't attend nursery.
Not true of the nursery where our son went, which was attached to the school, but very true of several nurseries i know in the area,

Having said that i was dragged up with one racist parent and one not and am not in the slightest racist,

My son is in a class with a dwarf if im allowed to say that ? they are just getting to the point at 7 where they are noticing he is smaller than the rest of them and comments have been made about it, not malicious, does that mean they are being racist ?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:04 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

No - neither have mine, nor will they. I have a good friend who is a registered child minder and a fellow home educator. I feel safe leaving the girls with her as she is a mature lady and has had some life experiences.

I do not plan to send the girls to school either. The eldest is due to attend from Sept/Jan (not even sure - never looked into it) because we believe we can offer a wider and broader curriculum and developer their own interests rather than following what the rest of the country are doing. But hey that is a whole other thread.

But, yes, it scares me that teachers today, can waltz through school, university, then straight back to school barely being older than the pupils they teach....without a flick of a text book - if you know what I mean. I find it staggering too that even at 21, they seem to have so little common sense in the main and probably have more in common with the 5th formers (what ever they are called now - is it Yr 11) than their colleagues....can you imagine the scenario....NQT standing doing playground duty (lets face it, most 30 or unders now live with parents due to current status of housing market which therefore means they will live close to the school they attended - possibly now working at...) how many taunts / pats on the back would they get having seen each other in the local night clubs.....OMG you can just see it as a recipe for disaster.....then they try to go to the staff room and talk about gardening and children and other grown up subjects....ahhh

I think there should be a minimum age of 25 for teachers....especially in the senior sector...Having trained in Bath to be a teacher - I have to say - I can see the schooling system has some benefits to offer, but I can find many more that it doesn't and that is why we are choosing to home educate our children....

Sorry this became a rant, but political correctness HAS gone mad....and this is just one of the ways we are trying to prevent the bureaucracy that is now our world creeping into our lives for now.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

In Ontario they can't be very young as they need an ECE, I think that typically takes four years after high school.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:00 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Not true of the nursery where our son went, which was attached to the school, but very true of several nurseries i know in the area,

Having said that i was dragged up with one racist parent and one not and am not in the slightest racist,

My son is in a class with a dwarf if im allowed to say that ? they are just getting to the point at 7 where they are noticing he is smaller than the rest of them and comments have been made about it, not malicious, does that mean they are being racist ?
methinks its now referred to as " vertically challenged"

and I cant help but laugh when i say it
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanah
methinks its now referred to as " vertically challenged"

and I cant help but laugh when i say it
so when my 7 year old asks me " what does vertically challenged mean " i say ?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:20 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
so when my 7 year old asks me " what does vertically challenged mean " i say ?
Midget.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:39 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about race I have to tell you all this for a laugh.....

My brother and I were lucky enough to be brought up by quite a radical thinking mum for her time, and by a traditional but accepting father. We had all sorts of people come in out of our house growing up, but somehow my brother has developed this opinion...... "Chinese people are aliens". Admittedly he now lives in NZ so this may have something to do with the demented thinking, but how can two peeps from the same house be so different in their views on race?????????????????????

Weird or what?

Mrs M x
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but a couple of months ago I watched a boxing match from Las Vagas on TV.

It was a black guy fighting a white guy, but the commentators said, "...and tonight it's XXX versus YYY. Since they're both wearing black trunks, XXX is they guy with a shaved head, while YYY has a full head of hair."

Ridiculous. Just because we adults are too fearful of causing offence to admit to noticing something as blindingly obvious as someone's skin colour, should children be conditioned into pretending they don't notice?

It's one thing to teach that it doesn't make any difference, but it's quite another to teach that it can't even be mentioned.

"People of colour" makes me want to retch. We're ALL "people of colour". Just different ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.