PC Plus points/app?

Old Jan 12th 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default PC Plus points/app?

I use the above via app on my phone.

It's usually quite good/consistent about "giving" me points/offers on purchases I'm likely to make, based on my prior purchasing patterns.

For 2 weeks now it's (the app) been displaying one single offer of points for dog food... I don't own a dog, never bought dog food at one of their stores, am not interested on buying dog food...!

I also tried to redeem points for groceries over Christmas & the "system" was not interested in cooperating I wasn't going to hold up the checkout line while multiple staff members tried to work it out, So just said "forget it".

What am I doing wrong? Or is the PC Plus app messed up?
Old Jan 12th 2017, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC Plus points/app?

I could never understand how the PC Points system worked as to be beneficial to me. So we got to the point where we don't even carry the card anymore because I couldn't see any benefit. With other store cards you get some sorts of price discounts if you have the card when you're in store (you see stickers on the store shelves where the goods are) and use it but that doesn't seem to be the case with PC.

Like you, I'd be grateful if anyone could say the benefits of using it and how it actually works.

S
Old Jan 12th 2017, 4:47 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I use the above via app on my phone.

It's usually quite good/consistent about "giving" me points/offers on purchases I'm likely to make, based on my prior purchasing patterns.

For 2 weeks now it's (the app) been displaying one single offer of points for dog food... I don't own a dog, never bought dog food at one of their stores, am not interested on buying dog food...!

I also tried to redeem points for groceries over Christmas & the "system" was not interested in cooperating I wasn't going to hold up the checkout line while multiple staff members tried to work it out, So just said "forget it".

What am I doing wrong? Or is the PC Plus app messed up?
I had this happen to me before Christmas. I got the dog food offer, which I thought was bizarre but as I swiped across on the app and clicked 'don't display this offer again' it has never come back.

I get loads of offers for things I don't buy such as spending $20 on chocolate (no thanks).
Old Jan 12th 2017, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think this is what happened to us too (offers for things we do not want to buy).
Old Jan 12th 2017, 4:55 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Yes I think this is what happened to us too (offers for things we do not want to buy).
It could be that they have an overstock of something so everyone gets the same offer.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like they need to consider changing how it works.
If three of us are finding it not that useful, I'm quite sure we are not alone!

S
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I'm not alone with the WTF dog food offer!

When it was card-based, PC Plus was pretty useless to me (I never remembered to look up the offers/find my card/take it with me when shopping).

Since I got (my daughter installed & explained) the app, it's been pretty good: I.e. Up until now. Most offers have been clearly tailored to my shopping habits (lots of veg, a bit of meat, cheese). I don't mind the prepackaged crap offers that I'd never buy, I just ignore them usually.

It's this darn dog food offer that won't go away! And NO other offers are showing up .

Snowy: it's not the best 'rewards' program out there, but its the most consistent/viable one for me so far given the "tailored to what I buy" aspect. Until now .
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:35 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

We watched a documentary on phone apps a couple of nights ago (maybe CBC - not sure). It majored on how much access you agree to without reading the fine print.

It was scary.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

I actually use the card every time I shop at Extra Foods, which is the only PC outlet here. I usually accumulate enough points in a year to get around $150 to $200 off my Christmas shop. I have not signed up for the phone app yet. I may just leave that after reading the other comments
Old Jan 12th 2017, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvy
We watched a documentary on phone apps a couple of nights ago (maybe CBC - not sure). It majored on how much access you agree to without reading the fine print.

It was scary.
Hmm. You might have a good point. I'm wondering now if the "problem" is coming from me recently (since just before Christmas) shopping in not-local-to-me stores.

I have automatic "localisation" (for apps) switched off on my phone, & frequently hit the "NO" button when one asks/suggests I need to turn it on...
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It was scary.
We are behind the times, no data on our phones, and many stores don't have wi-fi or have it but a pain to sign on, so we skip all the apps, only app we use is the bank as it makes depositing checks easier.

We have PC points but we don't shop at a Loblaws owned store often enough to get any benefit from it.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Like you, I'd be grateful if anyone could say the benefits of using it and how it actually works.
No app for me just the weekly (sometimes twice) email to load the offers.

Most of the offers are for stuff I buy, but often of a general nature like 2000 points ($2) off every $10 worth of beef or 3000pts for $12 worth of frozen boxed meat.

But most offers are equal to less than a $ and either I already saved far more buying some at the 'flyer' price or will do so soon.

Coffee is always the best example. The flyer price is, say, $7.99 so I'll get a couple of tins knowing that's enough until it comes down to that level again. Over the coming weeks it will be it's 'normal' price of $15.99 (with the occasional $10.99 or similar) but I'll be offered 1000 ($1) for buying it.

I notice in the new flyer it's $7.99 again and 1000 pts but that's for everyone, not in my email offers.

My email today contains 17500 ($17.50) for spending $175. That's a bit more attractive but then two weeks ago I saved $16 alone on coffee and over $18 on pepsi so the card itself is not really significant.

I only applied for it because it was going to get me the equivalent of $20 just from having it. Who turns down free money?
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:32 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. You might have a good point. I'm wondering now if the "problem" is coming from me recently (since just before Christmas) shopping in not-local-to-me stores.

I have automatic "localisation" (for apps) switched off on my phone, & frequently hit the "NO" button when one asks/suggests I need to turn it on...
It was worse than that. The TV team joined up with a computer security company (white knight hackers, basically). The created an app (horoscope) that was free and invited members of the public to download it.

Within minutes they were telling the same people who they'd been calling, what their banking details were, what they'd been saying on the phone etc. They even had the phone taking photos by itself.

It was very disturbing.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No app for me just the weekly (sometimes twice) email to load the offers.

Most of the offers are for stuff I buy, but often of a general nature like 2000 points ($2) off every $10 worth of beef or 3000pts for $12 worth of frozen boxed meat.

But most offers are equal to less than a $ and either I already saved far more buying some at the 'flyer' price or will do so soon.

Coffee is always the best example. The flyer price is, say, $7.99 so I'll get a couple of tins knowing that's enough until it comes down to that level again. Over the coming weeks it will be it's 'normal' price of $15.99 (with the occasional $10.99 or similar) but I'll be offered 1000 ($1) for buying it.

I notice in the new flyer it's $7.99 again and 1000 pts but that's for everyone, not in my email offers.

My email today contains 17500 ($17.50) for spending $175. That's a bit more attractive but then two weeks ago I saved $16 alone on coffee and over $18 on pepsi so the card itself is not really significant.

I only applied for it because it was going to get me the equivalent of $20 just from having it. Who turns down free money?
Not turning down "free money" was my reasoning for originally signing up.

I get points on flyer specials, if said specials coincide with my "personalised" offers.

I haven't, so far, received the extra "X points if you spend Y $$" offers.

It was worse than that. The TV team joined up with a computer security company (white knight hackers, basically). The created an app (horoscope) that was free and invited members of the public to download it.

Within minutes they were telling the same people who they'd been calling, what their banking details were, what they'd been saying on the phone etc. They even had the phone taking photos by itself.

It was very disturbing.
You've got me wondering now . I don't always shop at Loblaws' stores, in fact only do so when I get a better price/points. I HAVE noticed, on occasion, that "tailored" offers from different stores are starting to resemble each other...

Oh Dear .
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:17 pm
Slob

Not turning down "free money" was my reasoning for originally signing up.

I get points on flyer specials, if said specials coincide with my "personalised" offers.

I haven't, so far, received the extra "X points if you spend Y $$" offers.

You've got me wondering now . I don't always shop at Loblaws' stores, in fact only do so when I get a better price/points. I HAVE noticed, on occasion, that "tailored" offers from different stores are starting to resemble each other...

Oh Dear .
There is no such thing as free money. Signing up for such schemes involves your providing details that can be used to target you and flog you stuff.

Any online customer survey or feedback survey or competition is doing just the same thing. It's the same companies collecting the data, which they then flog to the retailers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.