Patrick Brown

Old Feb 18th 2018, 7:17 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patrick Brown

The rules were simple back in the old days :@) found in a castle in wales
Attached Thumbnails Patrick Brown-b6dcfc4f-dd22-4c2b-81f6-1f76908a9ec6.jpeg  
Old Feb 18th 2018, 7:43 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's easy. The clone is the second one.
The second can't be first because then they wouldn't be themself
Old Feb 18th 2018, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
As one pundit said today, Wynne should go out and buy a lottery ticket! Ontario PC's seem to have a death wish. That Wynne should be anywhere near being elected for another term defies belief....Oh woe is Ontario.
There appears to be lots of supporters for Ms Wynne though..... I mean look at what she has given Ontario.... the minimum wage increase, free OHIP drug benefit for under 25s and the big one....putting some booze for sale in Sobey's! expensive hydro is not an issue and as you say the PCs have a death wish.... it all seems to have swung the deal for her.

Although Kevin O Leary didn't seem impressed with the debt she has/is racking up though.... but meh.... its only debt, its not important.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 12:47 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
There appears to be lots of supporters for Ms Wynne though..... I mean look at what she has given Ontario.... the minimum wage increase, free OHIP drug benefit for under 25s and the big one....putting some booze for sale in Sobey's! expensive hydro is not an issue and as you say the PCs have a death wish.... it all seems to have swung the deal for her.

Although Kevin O Leary didn't seem impressed with the debt she has/is racking up though.... but meh.... its only debt, its not important.

He's a bit of a twat isn't he.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 5:51 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

. expensive hydro is not an issue
I'm sure it's an issue if you heat you house with electricity and you live in an urban location. Neither is true of me so I'd noticed that she'd done anything with electricity. Ontario Hydro has been mismanaged and a focus for wastage and corruption since I've been in Canada so, while I accept that Wynne has mismanaged it, that's not a surprise, so did Harris and so did Rae. There's no reason to suppose electing someone else would make a difference except in terms of the particular pockets lined.

Wasn't O'Leary an even less successful politician than Brown? How does he come into it now?
Old Feb 19th 2018, 12:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
...There's no reason to suppose electing someone else would make a difference except in terms of the particular pockets lined.
This is a pretty good summing up of my feelings on Canadian politics.

There are, of course, examples of major corruption and expenses fiddling in the UK but I do believe that people have at least entered UK politics to do good (however they see that, right or left) and that there remain some people still doing that.

I never get that impression for Canada.

Admittedly I've not been here as long as the UK and it's a big country so I've not been so aware of "the good ones" as much as I would have been in the UK, and I'm mostly judging it for my City and Province, but for so many it just seems like a predictable move to suit them personally.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 1:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm not so sure the suggested statement for Brown would have "worked" in the way suggested. Not in the current climate.
This comment could go in a number of threads but this one is fairly topical and drawing attention, so I'm going here.

Here's what I meant by the current climate.

Actor Geoffrey Rush is suing an Australian newspaper for printing a single, anonymous, unspecified allegation, twice, of inappropriate touching. The case is underway. Something to do with his role requiring him to carry the complainant. The allegedly inappropriate touching happened two years before the allegation was made.

There was the original story followed by a second, headed “We’re with you: theatre cast back accuser as Rush denies ‘touching’”

Sounds pretty damning now, doesn't it, what with the cast (all of them?) backing the accuser.

I've been trying to find the original second report and I can't but I have found a report soon after where it's announced he is suing and there is reference to the content of the original reports.

The newspaper is claiming to have done no more than report the allegation, though it's clearly done a lot more than that.

Anyway it appears that it's just two members of the cast. And one apparently said on Facebook "I was in the show. I believe whoever has come forward." What, they don't even know who it was?

Anyone know how many cast members there are in King Lear? Maybe it was just three and the two others is now very significant.

I googled the production to see if I could find out how many and I found an interview with an actress playing opposite him in that very production. Unless there was a replacement for the role at some stage, it would appear she is likely the one making the complaint.
“Geoffrey is just forever playful. He’s so generous, he’s very cheeky which is perfect for me. I feel very privileged to work with him and proud to be his ‘favourite daughter’,” she joked.
(I wonder if his legal team know the interview)

Anyway, none of us knows whether there's anything in it and how guilty Geoffrey Rush may be. But in reporting the case against him, the media has clearly decided the guilt and attempted to confirm it with the cast backing the woman's allegation, even though it's only two and one of them doesn't even know who made the accusation.

That's why I think the current (media) climate would have rendered the suggested response from Patrick Brown ineffective.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 4:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway it appears that it's just two members of the cast. And one apparently said on Facebook "I was in the show. I believe whoever has come forward." What, they don't even know who it was?

Anyone know how many cast members there are in King Lear? Maybe it was just three and the two others is now very significant.
There are 12 characters in King Lear. But I suppose that doesn't account for understudies etc.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 4:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

There are, of course, examples of major corruption and expenses fiddling in the UK but I do believe that people have at least entered UK politics to do good (however they see that, right or left) and that there remain some people still doing that.

I never get that impression for Canada.
Ah, the innocence of the man! There are of course some, but none in the Conservative Party (or UKIP).
Old Feb 19th 2018, 6:48 pm
limey party pooper

And now financial impropriety. Which will annoy the Tories more than any sexual impropriety ever would.

Hillier comes out strongly against Brown leadership bid - makes new financial allegations against former PC leader - Lake 88
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:22 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

He's toast. Even if the PC executive allow him to run as leader, his opponents will surely throw all the stuff Hillier has uncovered at him. He took his "intern," with whom he was sleeping, with him on foreign trips which do not appear in any declaration of interests. He either lied about the number of registrations he'd secured or didn't properly account for the membership fees they should have brought in. There appear to be some distinctly shady business dealings with the man who is now the prospective candidate for the PCs in Brampton North.

Any one of these things might not be his undoing, but taken together, and backed by the allegations of sexual impropriety, if they don't stymie his re-election to leader they will surely absolutely cripple the party in June's provincial elections.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:23 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
He's toast. Even if the PC executive allow him to run as leader, his opponents will surely throw all the stuff Hillier has uncovered at him. He took his "intern," with whom he was sleeping, with him on foreign trips which do not appear in any declaration of interests. He either lied about the number of registrations he'd secured or didn't properly account for the membership fees they should have brought in. There appear to be some distinctly shady business dealings with the man who is now the prospective candidate for the PCs in Brampton North.

Any one of these things might not be his undoing, but taken together, and backed by the allegations of sexual impropriety, if they don't stymie his re-election to leader they will surely absolutely cripple the party in June's provincial elections.
He does sound an ideal conservative candidate especially as "like many young Canadians" he borrowed $300K for a deposit on a $2 million lakeshore home.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
... "like many young Canadians" he borrowed $300K for a deposit on a $2 million lakeshore home.

Shades of Jeffrey Archer?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:19 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell do we vote for? This is nuts...literally no-one out there seems to be on the ball and ready to govern. I'm seriously thinking of sitting this one out.

Help me.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 5:41 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
Who the hell do we vote for? This is nuts...literally no-one out there seems to be on the ball and ready to govern. I'm seriously thinking of sitting this one out
Worth not being eligible to vote isn't it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.