Wikiposts

Passenger Duty Tax

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:25 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passenger Duty Tax

Just got a nice letter from my travel Company looking for £80 extra for our trip over in May. £20 per person a 100% increase, although I knew it was coming after the budget (i had kinda hoped the company would take the hit since we had already paid in full).

Apparently part of its policy to reduce carbon emissions.( MY ARSE) another wee lift for the government purse strings, and another shot against the working man/woman.

For those who watch Chewin the Fat.

GORDON BROWNS AN ARSEHOLE.

end of rant

All the best Danny

Last edited by mclauchlan35; Feb 5th 2007 at 9:41 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice
Default Re: Passenger Duty Tax

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Just got a nice letter from my travel Company looking for £80 extra for our trip over in May. £20 per person a 100% increase, although I knew it was coming after the budget (i had kinda hoped the company would take the hit since we had already paid in full).

Apparently part of its policy to reduce carbon emissions.( MY ARSE) another wee lift for the government purse strings, and another shot against the working man/woman.

For those who watch Chewin the Fat.

GORDON BROWNS AN ARSEHOLE.

end of rant

All the best Danny
Totally agree!!

It's about time we had a revolution in this country, anyone want to start?

Politicians - who says crime doesn't pay!!

Boy that was good to get off my chest!!

Just a bit of useless info: my mum lives in Girdle Toll nr Irvine!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:48 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

the UK is a joke.we have to pay through the nose for everything.the driver on my sons work bus has moved house and there is no rubbish bins.he was told he would have to pay forty pounds per bin,he has to have A GREEN ONE-A BLUE ONE AND A BROWN ONE.total 120 pounds for what? crap.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Here's an example of the tax payable on a flight from LONDON to HALIFAX (return):

Taxes, Fees and Charges (GBP)
Canada Airport Improvement Fee 4.30
Canada Security Charge 7.30
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax 0.60
U.K. Passenger Service Charge 14.30
U.K. Air Passenger Duty 40.00

You can see which side of the pond makes the fare seem expensive!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:14 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smitp11
Here's an example of the tax payable on a flight from LONDON to HALIFAX (return):

Taxes, Fees and Charges (GBP)
Canada Airport Improvement Fee 4.30
Canada Security Charge 7.30
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax 0.60
U.K. Passenger Service Charge 14.30
U.K. Air Passenger Duty 40.00

You can see which side of the pond makes the fare seem expensive!
Yep, good old uk government you couldn't beat them with a big stick!!! although I would like too