Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:39 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

I think you ought to go and just put your round on James' tab. Aren't you 16 now? Plus you're going to need some practice if you plan to go to London!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Why would that be? Yard rules? Some random law I don't know about?

Whilst I respect your opinion as a parent, it is of the same as my mum and is totally justified, I do find it irking that you would have a problem with my presence.
No idea specifically about Scotland Yard. In NS beyond 9pm kids have to be out of drinking establishments. As we have only just arrived in ON I was wondering whether the same rules applied...

As for finding irking that we would have a problem having you around, look at it from a different perspective for a moment... Imagine you are going out with a bunch of you friends, all between the ages of 13 and 17... Would you find it cool for one of us to tag along... you'd want to be keeping an eye on us to make sure we are feeling involved, knowing full well that half the time we wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about...just saying
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
On an other aspect of age: turns out I'm old enough to be Schnooks & her mister's mum. I think we enjoyed ourselves quand-même

S
Scary isn't it when this happens! Some of my friends have grand children and that makes me feel sooo old!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I think you ought to go and just put your round on James' tab. Aren't you 16 now? Plus you're going to need some practice if you plan to go to London!
There we go thats the spirit!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
No idea specifically about Scotland Yard. In NS beyond 9pm kids have to be out of drinking establishments. As we have only just arrived in ON I was wondering whether the same rules applied...
Ah. To be honest i'm not sure.

As for finding irking that we would have a problem having you around, look at it from a different perspective for a moment... Imagine you are going out with a bunch of you friends, all between the ages of 13 and 17... Would you find it cool for one of us to tag along... you'd want to be keeping an eye on us to make sure we are feeling involved
Would I?
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
On an other aspect of age: turns out I'm old enough to be Schnooks & her mister's mum. I think we enjoyed ourselves quand-même

S

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Would I?
See, that's a huge difference there... we would be concerned about your well being if you joined us...you apparently wouldn't worry about us if we were with your age group which I think kind of demonstrates why we feel you don't quite understand where we are coming from...

You remind me very much of my 15 year old son, who like you spends too much time online, he wouldn't get it either although if I was to even suggest he came with us to the meet up he would turn me down in no uncertain terms!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

See, that's a huge difference there... we would be concerned about your well being if you joined us...you apparently wouldn't worry about us if we were with your age group which I think kind of demonstrates why we feel you don't quite understand where we are coming from...
I was kidding. Of course I see where you're coming from, its a little weird, 15 / almost 16 year old (but going on 20 as my mum says) at a meetup with adults.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was kidding. Of course I see where you're coming from, its a little weird, 15 / almost 16 year old (but going on 20 as my mum says) at a meetup with adults.
When I was 16 I remember my Mum saying to me that it was a strange age as you are not a child anymore but not yet an adult. You're told to behave if you act like a kid but your opinions are not taken seriously as you are just a kid... Don't worry, it gets easier!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I was 16 I remember my Mum saying to me that it was a strange age as you are not a child anymore but not yet an adult. You're told to behave if you act like a kid but your opinions are not taken seriously as you are just a kid... Don't worry, it gets easier!

This right here!

There's a quote that keeps making its way around on arsebook - "We ask <kids> to make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives <college, university, moving out> when only a few weeks ago they had to ask to go to the toilet."
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

This right here!

There's a quote that keeps making its way around on arsebook - "We ask <kids> to make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives <college, university, moving out> when only a few weeks ago they had to ask to go to the toilet."
Haha, I like it!
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Scary isn't it when this happens! Some of my friends have grand children and that makes me feel sooo old!!!
I'm getting (slowly...) used to it...

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
! Love the emoticon

S
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:11 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

You should go and take your mum.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
You should go and take your mum.

S
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 6:09 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

There we go thats the spirit!
I have no problem with that.

Coke is refilled free all night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.