Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:19 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Sounds like a good time was had by all!!

I havent been around on here much lately, i have been VERY busy!

Firstly the request came through for me to sit my citizenship test, whcih i did and am pleased to say i passed!!!! which i was really pleased about! I will be attending the ceremony tommorow....and then i will be and official Canadian citizen!

Added to this as some of you know, i was considering relocating to another part of Canada, well after having the summer to think about it and weigh up my options of what I have, and what i would lose agaisnt what i may gain, i came to the decison it was not just not worth it, too much to lose (some very close and meaningful friendhships for starters) and no gaurantee of not gaining anything, it was a lottery and not one i was willing to play.

So with that in mind, i came to the decision that i wanted to embrace and make the most of the area i live in, if you like the outdoors it doesnt come much better. .....I decided one way of doing this was on the water.....and so i bought myself a boat! I got my licence and got out on this weekend with another friend who is a boater, i had a great time and think once i get a bit more experience of handling the boat i will have a lot of fun. Its a small 22 ft sport cuddy cabin type boat, so lots of fun during the day, it doesnt hang around! but still has a place to sleep on in it at night. But i have sooooooo much to learn, coming back yesterday i managed to get myself sideways in the lock! Infront of a huge crowd of spectators! I felt like a complete idiot! All part of the learning curve i suppose!.

Anyway hope you all had a great time, maybe i will make the nest one.

Cheers
Tomorrow?

1.00 at Scarborough?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Tomorrow?

1.00 at Scarborough?
Earlier for me 8.30 at Scarborough. Are you there at 1.00?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 5:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Earlier for me 8.30 at Scarborough. Are you there at 1.00?
Yes :-)

Doing my oath at 1.

8.30 would have worked better.

Oh well.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Yes :-)

Doing my oath at 1.

8.30 would have worked better.

Oh well.

We should swap!

1 would have been better for me as, it will be a long day, i have to on the road very early tommorow. Then still come into work when i get back tommorow afternoon.

Funny we should end up doing them the same day though! Did you apply under the new system where it costs 400bucks for the application? Mine went through very quickly.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good time was had by all!!

I havent been around on here much lately, i have been VERY busy!

Firstly the request came through for me to sit my citizenship test, whcih i did and am pleased to say i passed!!!! which i was really pleased about! I will be attending the ceremony tommorow....and then i will be and official Canadian citizen!

Added to this as some of you know, i was considering relocating to another part of Canada, well after having the summer to think about it and weigh up my options of what I have, and what i would lose agaisnt what i may gain, i came to the decison it was not just not worth it, too much to lose (some very close and meaningful friendhships for starters) and no gaurantee of not gaining anything, it was a lottery and not one i was willing to play.

So with that in mind, i came to the decision that i wanted to embrace and make the most of the area i live in, if you like the outdoors it doesnt come much better. .....I decided one way of doing this was on the water.....and so i bought myself a boat! I got my licence and got out on this weekend with another friend who is a boater, i had a great time and think once i get a bit more experience of handling the boat i will have a lot of fun. Its a small 22 ft sport cuddy cabin type boat, so lots of fun during the day, it doesnt hang around! but still has a place to sleep on in it at night. But i have sooooooo much to learn, coming back yesterday i managed to get myself sideways in the lock! Infront of a huge crowd of spectators! I felt like a complete idiot! All part of the learning curve i suppose!.

Anyway hope you all had a great time, maybe i will make the nest one.

Cheers
Congratulations on your citizenship Paul and congrats with the boat.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 7:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

To be honest I don't know what system I applied under?

My process has been almost 11 months.

Others on here were quicker. I did however mislay one of the required documents and also did a lot of travel during my tenure so I think that may of slowed it a little.

I'd have liked to get the oath done and then got to work and got on. I'm in a relatively new job and I'm not sure they are thrilled I'll be missing for a large chunk of the afternoon.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't know what system I applied under?

My process has been almost 11 months.

Others on here were quicker. I did however mislay one of the required documents and also did a lot of travel during my tenure so I think that may of slowed it a little.

I'd have liked to get the oath done and then got to work and got on. I'm in a relatively new job and I'm not sure they are thrilled I'll be missing for a large chunk of the afternoon.
They have to give you a day off for your citizenship though...it's statutory or whatever
Old Sep 30th 2014, 12:29 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by DandNHill
They have to give you a day off for your citizenship though...it's statutory or whatever
Haha Nice
Old Sep 30th 2014, 12:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Haha Nice
Congratulations for tomorrow James.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 2:24 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Congratulations for tomorrow James.
Thank you.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate! Now you will have your citizenship in a few hours time, will you be pursuing that job in NY I believe it was?
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats James and Paul, hope your ceremonies go well today, eh!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats guys
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:57 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
Congrats guys
Me too! Congrats!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the new citizens!

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.