British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/party-scotland-yard-26th-september-841047/)

SchnookoLoly Aug 15th 2014 3:17 pm

Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Been meaning to start this thread for awhile but am being supremely lazy about it.

When might work for a September get-together? The last one in June was awesome, both I and Mr Schnooks had a great time. :)

Novo, when are you back from baguette-land?

I was thinking one of the Fridays in September - 12th, 19th, 26th?

(Personal preference for NOT the 19th, either of the other two is fine!)

JamesM Aug 15th 2014 7:34 pm

re: Party at the Scotland Yard - 26th September

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11370260)
Been meaning to start this thread for awhile but am being supremely lazy about it.

When might work for a September get-together? The last one in June was awesome, both I and Mr Schnooks had a great time. :)

Novo, when are you back from baguette-land?

I was thinking one of the Fridays in September - 12th, 19th, 26th?

(Personal preference for NOT the 19th, either of the other two is fine!)

You need to make the thread name's more catchy like "Party at Scotland Yard" or "Beer time again".

The formality of the names frightens the hell out of me. I need to know I can let my hair down and not have to breathe in at these functions.

Also let's go with the 26th as I have a wedding to attend on the 12th!

SchnookoLoly Aug 15th 2014 7:44 pm

Perhaps one of the lovely mods can change it... "Party at Scotland Yard - September". :)

Sorry, I did not realise it was so formal!! *hide*

Siouxie Aug 15th 2014 8:19 pm

Re: September Meetup in Toronto?

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11370476)
Perhaps one of the lovely mods can change it... "Party at Scotland Yard - September". :)

Sorry, I did not realise it was so formal!! *hide*

Your wish is my command.

Fridays I work, so I will be a no-show.

:(

SchnookoLoly Aug 15th 2014 8:23 pm

Poo, no chance of swapping a friday? :(

Thanks for the title change as well! <3

Siouxie Aug 15th 2014 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11370508)

Only if I elect to work on the Saturday instead - my working hours are anytime between 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. starting on a Sunday at 1:00 p.m. and going through until 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

:(

bats Aug 15th 2014 10:35 pm

I shall be working or in Engerland.

DandNHill Aug 15th 2014 11:24 pm

I'm gonna keep watching and try to drag hubby down to this one...but I never know from one week to the next when he's off (silly catering careers!!!):popcorn:

bats Aug 15th 2014 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 11370651)
I'm gonna keep watching and try to drag hubby down to this one...but I never know from one week to the next when he's off (silly catering careers!!!):popcorn:

There's a restaurant for sale in the village. Come and buy it.

JamesM Aug 16th 2014 12:25 am

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11370508)

Out of intrigue what prevents us doing a Saturday?

I mean I always thought we did Friday so people who worked Downtown could attend before leaving the city. But I think all the people who work Downtown live there too.

Just posing the question and we should probably pick a date and stick to it but is Friday any more convenient than Saturday???

Jerseygirl Aug 16th 2014 12:35 am

Count me and him in...although if the weather turns cold we will be heading south to warmer climes. :thumbup:

SchnookoLoly Aug 16th 2014 1:25 am

No particular reason for Friday versus Saturday other than what you mentioned. Friday personally works better for Mr Schnooks because he works downtown, so it saves going into Toronto an additional day... but if the majority can do Saturday or prefer Saturday then that's also fine! We are pretty flexible with whatever!

Is Saturday a preference? Otherwise it's looking like the 26th... we are also in Toronto on the 27th for a jays game in the afternoon, so that evening is also doable.

JamesM Aug 16th 2014 1:46 am

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 11370757)
No particular reason for Friday versus Saturday other than what you mentioned. Friday personally works better for Mr Schnooks because he works downtown, so it saves going into Toronto an additional day... but if the majority can do Saturday or prefer Saturday then that's also fine! We are pretty flexible with whatever!

Is Saturday a preference? Otherwise it's looking like the 26th... we are also in Toronto on the 27th for a jays game in the afternoon, so that evening is also doable.

Just food for thought.

I'm highly flexible.

Lets stick with a Friday for now but perhaps in future it is option. I'm sure lots of others may have a view. I have no idea what Go Transit is like on Saturday either...

Siouxie Aug 16th 2014 2:09 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 11370780)
Just food for thought.

I'm highly flexible.

Lets stick with a Friday for now but perhaps in future it is option. I'm sure lots of others may have a view. I have no idea what Go Transit is like on Saturday either...

Personally I would be getting the Go bus if I came.

:)

SchnookoLoly Aug 16th 2014 2:11 am

Siouxie, if it's Saturday, does that work better for you?