Wikiposts

Paris Attacks

Old Nov 13th 2015, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris Attacks

Its not often I use this word but these terrorists were evil.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 8:10 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
No excuse ever to attack civilians.
100% agreed. Even Iraqi civilians.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

As someone that has dealt with very sensitive information before, how does a group of 8 manage to keep this so secretive that there was no indication that this might happen. Police and intelligence services are very active in trying and succeeding in breaking these groups down, there is normally some intel that allows the good guys the foil the attacks. It would be fair to say that similar groups have been caught preventing similar actions in the last 12 months, but 8 is a large group did they not approach a ninth or tenth person that then dobs them in it?

I don't foresee any cuts in police services anytime soon. Perhaps it is time to grow to combat this activity.

Just had a read of my previous posts on the other Paris attack thread from 10 months ago, I stand by my comments made then.

RIP.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So ISIS has now claimed responsibility much as I expected.
Our new Canadian Defence Minister stated on Thursday
"ISIS is a threat, no doubt about that. Should we fear it? No. The Canadian population should have full confidence in all the security services to keep us safe."

Our Agency published this report last year and believe me our Agency is nothing compared to CSIS or MI5 or any of the other Intelligence Agencies
Border agents warned ‘disillusioned, traumatized foreign fighters’ may be trying to return to Canada: documents | National Post

Im so glad that parts of Bill C24 are going to be revoked so that we can't remove citizenship from those who participate in these types of attacks
Toronto 18 terror plotter's citizenship revoked by federal government | Toronto

Of course the shooting of Cpl Nathan Cirillo in 2014 at the Canadian War Memorial was never attributed as a terrorist attack as he was just a disturbed individual rather than acting as a lone wolf because some didn't want to call him a terrorist. Nor was the death of Martin “Ahmad” Rouleau, who allegedly hit two members of the Canadian Forces as they were walking in a strip mall just outside St-Jean-sur-Richelieu at about 11:30 a.m.

So for those who don't think ISIS doesn't have a presence in Canada then you might want to think again and we just hope this doesn't happen in Canada on a scale like Paris.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
It would be fair to say that similar groups have been caught preventing similar actions in the last 12 months,
It would indeed. Although it might have involved something more individual - some event or location - rather than a collective action.

but 8 is a large group did they not approach a ninth or tenth person that then dobs them in it?
I think they'd generally like to be a bit more sure that if not a resounding yes, they'd at least get a "not this time, but go ahead" when they are asking random Muslims if they fancy coming along for a bit of slaughter on Friday night.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, to me it smacks of a cell trained and versed in Syria, that have all, repeat all, have fought alongside each other and then sent to Paris with little help except for logistical support. Time will tell. Shoot will hit the fan of these animals have used the refugee route to get back to Europe.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 1:10 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, to me it smacks of a cell trained and versed in Syria, that have all, repeat all, have fought alongside each other and then sent to Paris with little help except for logistical support. Time will tell. Shoot will hit the fan of these animals have used the refugee route to get back to Europe.
They found A Syrian passport on one of them so chances are one of them at least entered legally.

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 14th 2015 at 1:17 am.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 1:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some weeks ago I'm sure I read (among the justification for the new Spies bill in the UK) that an attack in Paris similar to the Mumbai attack had been thwarted.

I guess there was a backup group as yesterdays atrocity is very similar to what happened in Mumbai

I honestly think we should just bomb the shit out of Raqqa, but of course we won't do that as too many innocents bystanders would be killed, far better that we just let the innocent bystanders in Europe get killed instead
Old Nov 14th 2015, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, to me it smacks of a cell trained and versed in Syria, that have all, repeat all, have fought alongside each other and then sent to Paris with little help except for logistical support.
Which makes it less likely that they would approach someone else who dobs them in wouldn't it? That was really my point.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 2:52 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

As if they did not have enough to deal with in France, now this is added to their woes

Breaking news on Train derailment in Eckwersheim, France, Nov. 14, 2015 - breakingnews.com
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:06 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
Some weeks ago I'm sure I read (among the justification for the new Spies bill in the UK) that an attack in Paris similar to the Mumbai attack had been thwarted.

I guess there was a backup group as yesterdays atrocity is very similar to what happened in Mumbai

I honestly think we should just bomb the shit out of Raqqa, but of course we won't do that as too many innocents bystanders would be killed, far better that we just let the innocent bystanders in Europe get killed instead
Well Jihadi John amongst others were taken out. That has to be a bit of progress.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:21 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Well Jihadi John amongst others were taken out. That has to be a bit of progress.
Yes. Good riddance to that tosser.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:21 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Some posters really seem to get off on bad news.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Some posters really seem to get off on bad news.
Some posters seem to not read the news so are unaware of events and then comment on stuff they know nothing about but it must be ok because their Govt leaders say so. This is not aimed at you specifically but using your comment to show there are a lot of uninformed individuals out there.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

As someone that has dealt with very sensitive information before, how does a group of 8 manage to keep this so secretive that there was no indication that this might happen.
are you serious??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.