British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   On our way soon! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/our-way-soon-568720/)

Julie_p Oct 22nd 2008 8:31 pm

On our way soon!

Hi all just wanted to say i wont be around now for awhile, we completed the house sale monday and moved into a rental holiday cottage, the goodbyes are horrendous and i am a emotional wreck already!
Boxes are been collected tomorrow all 27 of them:eek:, the dog goes to my parents house on friday and he isnt flying in until the 5th November.
We fly out to Calgary on the 26th October this sunday :eek::eek:
hope to meet all other expats that are going to be on the same thomas cook flight from Manchester sunday morning.
Bye for now next post will be when i am sat in my new house!
Julie x

Anita100 Oct 22nd 2008 8:45 pm

Re: On our way soon!

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6900582)
Hi all just wanted to say i wont be around now for awhile, we completed the house sale monday and moved into a rental holiday cottage, the goodbyes are horrendous and i am a emotional wreck already!
Boxes are been collected tomorrow all 27 of them:eek:, the dog goes to my parents house on friday and he isnt flying in until the 5th November.
hope to meet all other expats that are going to be on the same thomas cook flight from Manchester sunday morning.
Julie x

Good luck Julie, see you at Manchester, or on the plane. I am a wreck also.

lisadd Oct 22nd 2008 9:00 pm

wow!

made the hairs on my arm stand up!

I am wishing you all the luck in the world for your new life in Calgary. You are about 4-5 months ahead of us.
We are waiting on LMO now, then Temp work visas to come. Was told 12 weeks in total roughly.

Where abouts are you heading for in Calgary? we are going to the SE.

Lisa dd

nikki dreaming Oct 22nd 2008 9:34 pm

Julie x

Best wishes and congratulations on your new life:thumbsup:

Good luck:thumbsup:

fozzy33 Oct 22nd 2008 10:46 pm

Hi Julie,

we are flying out on the 26th too.

My oh is freaking out with the amount of cases we have.

If you see us at check in he will be the one with the the hunch from all the cases.

Hope everything goes well for you.

cant believe it is here.

Although starting to get fed up woth the tears of everyone else( without seeming too horrible)

I have managed to limit the shipping to 9 boxes and some pictures, so thats an achievement.:thumbsup:

woodmanbg Oct 22nd 2008 11:11 pm

How exciting, I wish you a good journey. :)

mandi moo Oct 23rd 2008 3:12 pm

I,ll be there aswell, our container went today so we have 2 days of dossing with the inlaws then off to manchester on Saturday.
What a totaly stressfull week this has been, i cant wait till we are on the plane and away.
See you all in Manchester and lots of luck Julie xx

lisadd Oct 23rd 2008 3:16 pm

oh wow its really happenin, bet you thought this day wouldnt come!

Where in Calgary are you going to?

woodmanbg Oct 23rd 2008 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by mandi moo (Post 6902886)
I,ll be there aswell, our container went today so we have 2 days of dossing with the inlaws then off to manchester on Saturday.
What a totaly stressfull week this has been, i cant wait till we are on the plane and away.
See you all in Manchester and lots of luck Julie xx

I remember the feeling well. After three days of frantic packing and hundreds of visits to the local tip we spent two nights in a local hotel. The first night we had to cancel all our plans to see friends as we were so tired and were in bed sound asleep at 8 p.m.! We literally just collapsed when it was all done. We were so glad we had then arranged to go and see our friends in France before leaving for Canada it was just the break we needed and recharged our batteries.

Good luck to you:thumbup:

Cassie 10000 Oct 23rd 2008 3:37 pm

Julie x

Good Luck with your new life Julie. How great that you have managed to find out others on the same plane, I hope we are lucky to meet fellow expats when we go. ;)

jugapper Oct 23rd 2008 4:23 pm

Wanted to wish you loads of luck Julie....And all those going on the 26th - Lucky lot!!!

Don't forget to keep in touch!

moondevil Oct 23rd 2008 6:24 pm

good luck julie on your flight.

i hated those goodbyes, still remember them :huh:
you will be fine, get on that plane with mandi and the others and you will have a fab time

let us know how you get one.

Best wishes to you all on sunday :wub::wub:

Alberta_Rose Oct 23rd 2008 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by fozzy33 (Post 6900957)

Although starting to get fed up woth the tears of everyone else( without seeming too horrible)

Oh I got a bit like that too! I think one is so wrapped up in the functional stuff, you hardly have time for the emotional, and of course we were excited to be going. I really couldn't see whay anyone should be so sad.

I think I told my MIL, when I lost patience with her moping "It's not goodbye for ever; you'll see us all again!"
"I wouldn't count on it!" she sniffed. SIGH! :p

purple80 Oct 24th 2008 12:02 am

All the best to you all travelling on Sunday...

Charlie

keefrto Oct 24th 2008 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by fozzy33 (Post 6900957)
Hi Julie,

we are flying out on the 26th too.

My oh is freaking out with the amount of cases we have.

If you see us at check in he will be the one with the the hunch from all the cases.

Hope everything goes well for you.

cant believe it is here.

I have managed to limit the shipping to 9 boxes and some pictures, so thats an achievement.:thumbsup:

Thought I would post a wee note and wish you all the best for the trip over, should be a lovely day when you get over maybe just a wee bit nippy when you get in though. Enjoy the next few days!!:lol: Keith and the girls