Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Opinions please (photo's)

Opinions please (photo's)

Old May 31st 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opinions please (photo's)

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Oh yes,, thats it, just the right place. Wow. Was it good for you? What are you thinking of right now?? No, you aren't falling asleep now are you??
Old May 31st 2008, 12:11 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daft batty
Oh yes,, thats it, just the right place. Wow. Was it good for you? What are you thinking of right now?? No, you aren't falling asleep now are you??

Huh...well I er was just checking my eyelids for holes. Honest.
Old May 31st 2008, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Huh...well I er was just checking my eyelids for holes. Honest.
Hmm, I've heard that before
Old May 31st 2008, 12:20 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

i have to say i prefer no. 1. my bizarre reason - the cloud on the right as you look at it in number 2 has a square edge and it just draws my eye the whole time.

i also liked the foreground in no. 1 as i thought it gave perspective.

but i'm only an ex-computing teacher (current lady of leisure) so have no relevant experience at all!
Old May 31st 2008, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Canada but I'd like your opinions on which of these two pictures you prefer.

They are both of the caldera at the top of Haleakala volcano on the island of Maui, and each will print out at 12" x 30".

Image 1: http://www.pbase.com/hangman/image/97858910

Image 2: http://www.pbase.com/hangman/image/97858934

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Cheers
Steve
Do you have any snaps of a volcano blowing up and spraying naked women with molten magma?
Old May 31st 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

It was much mistier the day we were there. Did you see any of the local nene geese running around?

And until we took the trip to Hana, I hadn't realized Lindberg was buried there.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions please (photo's)-dsc_0182.jpg   Opinions please (photo's)-dsc_0176.jpg   Opinions please (photo's)-dsc_0247.jpg  
Old May 31st 2008, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just getting into DSLR photography and trying to learn about composition.

IMHO the second photo is much better as it has more depth.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:32 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I like #1 the bestest - but maybe you should print both and hang them?

Wishes she was a little artistic
Old May 31st 2008, 5:35 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

That does it for me too!
Old May 31st 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

nina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud ofnina874 has much to be proud of

I like number one best, it draws your eye up through the subject and it has a good definition between the three sections, I found myself drawn into the sections in more depth because of that.If I were looking for a picture for my wall, thats the one that I would go for
Old May 31st 2008, 7:14 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am quite surprised at the results so far, they are a lot closer than I anticipated.

Eleven people liked number one and ten people liked number two.

Of the ten who liked number two three liked the second cropped version (http://www.pbase.com/hangman/image/97871356)even better.
Old May 31st 2008, 7:42 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Canada but I'd like your opinions on which of these two pictures you prefer.

They are both of the caldera at the top of Haleakala volcano on the island of Maui, and each will print out at 12" x 30".

Cheers
Steve
NO°2 the rocks in the foreground give it more perspective.
Old May 31st 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Steve
I like them both Steve sorry no help am i
Old May 31st 2008, 11:12 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am quite surprised at the results so far, they are a lot closer than I anticipated.

Eleven people liked number one and ten people liked number two.

Of the ten who liked number two three liked the second cropped version (http://www.pbase.com/hangman/image/97871356)even better.
In daughters words "Oooh! That is pretty!"
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:03 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually Bill it was quite nice up there that day as evidenced by this pic it's a rare shot of me, I'm the goof on the left.

You're not looking at all like a tourist there, Steve!

I like both pics for different reasons... but as a print, pic 1 would be my choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.