Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

OMG.....Its snowing???

Wikiposts

OMG.....Its snowing???

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OMG.....Its snowing???

Originally Posted by purple80
Thats the bit I am not looking forward to, we live on a subdivison on the furthest bit of North Hill, I work on South Hill.... I normally take the Albion Line to work, drove that for the first time in the dark the other night and found it entertaining, not sure I will like it when you add snow.

The deer are also out and about causing problems, we had one in the car park at work the other day..... He didn't have a crappy tire flyer so obviously did not intend purchasing anything from our fine store.
hi Purple80 how the hell are you? after arriving on he same day , what do you think about it all then? we are findind it fantasic, never had so many visitors!, as for the weather....the sun was great, carnt wait for the snow!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Obviously whoever sent it has heard the stories about Canada Post..
i sent my mum some beef jerky and kraft dinner! that was early sepember and she still hasnt got it!, she is here on a visit for a month and is going back tuesday, so she has eaten her fill incase it never arrives and the custom officers have eaten it!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:32 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
There's a cute lawn tractor with rear blower for sale in Shelburne, asking $9800, you might want to snap it up.
Forget that just buy a nice 2nd hand ATV with a plow, fun in all seasons!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:51 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walkerv05
hi Purple80 how the hell are you? after arriving on he same day , what do you think about it all then? we are findind it fantasic, never had so many visitors!, as for the weather....the sun was great, carnt wait for the snow!
Hi,
Settling in well thanks.. You? We are due our first lot of UK visitors in a couple of weeks. Finding the neighbourhood fantastic, very welcoming. Working at Canadian Tire which is not exactly my cup of tea, but it's a job, and not bad seeing as we had only been here three weeks when I started.

Totally agree sun was brilliant, really looking forward to the snow.

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Forget that just buy a nice 2nd hand ATV with a plow, fun in all seasons!
If we had room we would, we into off roading in quite a serious way in the UK. Green laning, trialing, safari racing. I navingated in the British Off Road Championship for the three years before we left the UK. Hopefully we will get the chance at some point in the future.

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:09 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

If we had room we would, we into off roading in quite a serious way in the UK. Green laning, trialing, safari racing. I navingated in the British Off Road Championship for the three years before we left the UK. Hopefully we will get the chance at some point in the future.

[/QUOTE]

If you need storage room I can help with that
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:10 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mikey B

If you need storage room I can help with that [/quote]
You know not what you promise! Chris had about 3 storage locations to clear before he left the UK!

Just remember which way up you need to be Charlie, you'll be fine.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Just remember which way up you need to be Charlie, you'll be fine.
Keep it shiny side up
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:29 pm

I am not telling my husband that we have an offer of storage!

Yes Bax I do remember how much stuff we had to move and how many locations we had to clear, Morris Minor parts/panels out of the loft, the some 30 tyres from the back garden, plus the almost complete Range Rover that had been lurking trying to resemble modern art!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

so nice to hear your settling in so far, i got a job after 4 weeks at the RioCan on gardiners road, Addition-elle, the big ladies shop!, its ok, but doesnt bring in much money as only minimum wage and im only part time, but loving it here in Kingston, kids love it too and OH is really getting into it at the KGH! Which canadian tyre is it you work in? the one near us opposite the Cataraqui Mall?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by walkerv05
so nice to hear your settling in so far, i got a job after 4 weeks at the RioCan on gardiners road, Addition-elle, the big ladies shop!, its ok, but doesnt bring in much money as only minimum wage and im only part time, but loving it here in Kingston, kids love it too and OH is really getting into it at the KGH! Which canadian tyre is it you work in? the one near us opposite the Cataraqui Mall?
I work at the one in Bolton, same situation as you part time, about t30 hours a week and minimum wage. Hopefully I will sort something better wheb we get PR. Glad all is going well with you......

Charlie
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:34 am
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iananddave
Where does one purchase a Louis Vuitton tuque??
Iknow my son has a hat and scarf in LV, I'll ask him and let you know where in Toronto he bought it...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
http://www.ioffer.com/i/15373624

At least it's not snowing, eh!
Is this site for real and have you bought from here before,

sorry to be asking or saying something different but i am following and enjoying the convo on snow and bits like that, I am come Jan 09