Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

OMG.....Its snowing???

Wikiposts

OMG.....Its snowing???

Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OMG.....Its snowing???

Originally Posted by iananddave
Where does one purchase a Louis Vuitton tuque??
How about this one....it is from a fairly pretentious 'lifestyle' store in Toronto.

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportingl...KI_ACCESSORIES
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Very true..... I am almost as excited as the children, apart from the driving bit.... that scares me shitless.

Charlie
That valley in the middle of Bolton gets exciting some times. I saw a truck slide right through the red lights there, by the sushi place, into the stopped cars facing towards it. Luckily there was room for me to squeeze by and get a run at the other slope.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:58 am
Account Closed

iananddave is an unknown quantity at this point

How about this one....it is from a fairly pretentious 'lifestyle' store in Toronto.

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportingl...KI_ACCESSORIES

I'll be the talk of the town... and it also comes in Corduroy, one can't have enough Corduroy...
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:04 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
That valley in the middle of Bolton gets exciting some times. I saw a truck slide right through the red lights there, by the sushi place, into the stopped cars facing towards it. Luckily there was room for me to squeeze by and get a run at the other slope.
Thats the bit I am not looking forward to, we live on a subdivison on the furthest bit of North Hill, I work on South Hill.... I normally take the Albion Line to work, drove that for the first time in the dark the other night and found it entertaining, not sure I will like it when you add snow.

The deer are also out and about causing problems, we had one in the car park at work the other day..... He didn't have a crappy tire flyer so obviously did not intend purchasing anything from our fine store.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the bit I am not looking forward to, we live on a subdivison on the furthest bit of North Hill, I work on South Hill.... I normally take the Albion Line to work, drove that for the first time in the dark the other night and found it entertaining, not sure I will like it when you add snow.

The deer are also out and about causing problems, we had one in the car park at work the other day..... He didn't have a crappy tire flyer so obviously did not intend purchasing anything from our fine store.
Yes I see the deer, I often commute down highway 50 from Palgrave to the 427 so I must go right past your house.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Very true..... I am almost as excited as the children, apart from the driving bit.... that scares me shitless.

Charlie
I remember the first time it snowed after we moved to Canada.... the kids rushed outside stupidly excited, only to come in half an hour later saying "We are cold"... we had a devil of a job getting them to play out after that

And if you think the driving is bad... I am learning to drive - in-car lessons next month... no doubt in the snow and ice But I suppose at least I will have the benefit of an instructor next to me when I first have to drive on ice/snow.

Oh and BTW it probably won't snow in Calgary for ages and ages yet... the reason? I went out last weekend and nearly bankrupted myself buying new coats, snowpants, boots etc for 4 children!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by LotteW
Oh and BTW it probably won't snow in Calgary for ages and ages yet... the reason? I went out last weekend and nearly bankrupted myself buying new coats, snowpants, boots etc for 4 children!
And yet my having snow tyres installed yesterday caused snow to fall today.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:26 am

Yes I see the deer, I often commute down highway 50 from Palgrave to the 427 so I must go right past your house.
Were off Columbia Way...... North Hill Estate.

3 children have just arrived home and all stated the obvious, all very excited and hoping that the snow will stay.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

[COLOR="Indigo"]Were off Columbia Way...... North Hill Estate.
I know where it is, it looks nice, as much as I can see on the way by. Are you liking it so far?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

And yet my having snow tyres installed yesterday caused snow to fall today.
I am now laughing hilariously...

Following on from my earlier post about it not snowing in Calgary.....

It has just started hailing - in buckets!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:51 am

I know where it is, it looks nice, as much as I can see on the way by. Are you liking it so far?
We have rented a house, as we still have ours to sell in the UK (or rent it out).

The children all love school here. I love the neighbourhood, which at first I thought was huge, people have been very friendly and welcoming and it's great to be able to send the children to the park on their bikes, something I would never have done in the UK.

I am working in Canadian Tire in Bolton, which is a bit of a change as I was a Support Worker for young adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I cannot do that here as we are on work permits.
I hope to change that when we get PR, need to get to Humber College to see what I need to qualify over here.

Chris my OH has been over since March and works for Saputo down in Brampton, he loves it here and would never consider going back to the UK.

I miss friends in the UK and my family in France, but not enough to go back. It's been a steep learning curve and I still giggle when Canadians cannot understand me or think I am scottish? (I'm from Coventry originally but moved from Shropshire).

So yes liking it so far........
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:56 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Its really only nasty driving in the snow when its warmer (just below freezing) when it gets to a decent cold (better then -20) the ice isn't as slippery as it gets to stay frozen.

If you are worried, stay off the road for the first day or two of the snow, as that seems to be when the most accidents happen, after that everyone gets used to leaving more space to stop, and life goes on as normal.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Its really only nasty driving in the snow when its warmer (just below freezing) when it gets to a decent cold (better then -20) the ice isn't as slippery as it gets to stay frozen.

If you are worried, stay off the road for the first day or two of the snow, as that seems to be when the most accidents happen, after that everyone gets used to leaving more space to stop, and life goes on as normal.
That will only work if the snow starts on a friday, not drive on saturday and sunday.... Then go to to work monday to friday.....
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:03 am
Assimilated Pauper

I am working in Canadian Tire in Bolton, which is a bit of a change as I was a Support Worker for young adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I cannot do that here as we are on work permits.
Ah yes, I remember your job now. Since I am the parent of a young adult with ASD, have an occasional need for help and have access to government funding for a helper, we should think on working something out.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

OMG, btw, there are now flakes over Boystown!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.