Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

OMG how will the UK cope?

OMG how will the UK cope?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:04 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG how will the UK cope?

bloody hell, just as I thought I had seen everything up pops another crackerwould it not be easyer to just buy a flippin coo and milk it yourself after all it would be fresh and come out just as fast as the bag
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
LOL, Then think of a drink you really like, now, would you like to drink it from a bag? Or would you prefer the normal way? The point is that some things just belong in certain containers, that’s just the way it is.

If it aint broken, don’t fix it!

Mikey
Well, I'll drink anything out of a bag. As long as it's wet and tastes nice, who cares.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:07 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
That’s disgusting; I couldn’t drink milk from a bag

Milk already comes from a bag.

Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:11 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
now your talking
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:25 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7447449.stm.

I know it amused me when I first saw MIlk in a bag but it isn't hard to deal with for gawds sake!!!
Thanks Zoe you maid me laugh with this topic. I remember arriving in Toronto in 96 and thinking when I saw it ummmmmm. With a little practice it really is no big deal as long as when putting the bag into the container you ensure it is spotless and kind of throw it up a little to make sure it lodges well into the bottom otherwise the whole lot spills out because of the balance and losing most of it, but maybe that was just my tech skills! but sure is nothing like the good old brit milk bottle
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

omg, that looks an overly complicated system - and I thought I had jug problems in Canada...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:37 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
omg, that looks an overly complicated system - and I thought I had jug problems in Canada...
Maybe I am using the wrong jug or maybe I am just thick haha, dare you answer!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:43 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Did someone say milk-in-a-bag?????? What a dilemma this presents me with

Milk-in-a-bag....in the UK?! I was so looking forward to experiencing this in Canada. Should I come across the milk-in-a-bag before then, I am going to avoid eye contact with it & pretend I haven't seen it.

Although who can blame the UK for wanting some of the milk-in-a-bag fun
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Did someone say milk-in-a-bag?????? What a dilemma this presents me with

Milk-in-a-bag....in the UK?! I was so looking forward to experiencing this in Canada. Should I come across the milk-in-a-bag before then, I am going to avoid eye contact with it & pretend I haven't seen it.

Although who can blame the UK for wanting some of the milk-in-a-bag fun
Luckily after many years dealing with milk in a bag here in Ontario I will be able to assist my friends and family with this difficult problem when I return to the UK in July
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:54 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Luckily after many years dealing with milk in a bag here in Ontario I will be able to assist my friends and family with this difficult problem when I return to the UK in July
Maybe you can hire yourself out as a milk consultant
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: OMG how will the UK cope?

When we first came to Canada they had margarine in a bag with a little button that you had to squeeze and squeeze to make the margarine yellowish! And you think Milk in a bag is bad!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh yes but do you have the necessary certification.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:58 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corky
When we first came to Canada they had margarine in a bag with a little button that you had to squeeze and squeeze to make the margarine yellowish! And you think Milk in a bag is bad!
I remember that.

Reason was, or at least I was told that it was so they couldn't market it as butter and it wasn't to even look like butter.

It may still be sold that way in Quebec, they're a little more backward there.

Edit: Well look at that, an article in today's Montreal Gazette discussing the possible lifting of the ban on yellow margarine.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jun 11th 2008 at 6:04 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:58 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

You will be an even more greater asset on your return for the UK a full degree in milk bag opening, have fun. I am still over in the UK awaiting my return to Toronto to the family, I eagerly await the arrival of the bags - desperate or what!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:08 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I hereby declare you the official 'Milk Ambassador'. I trust you will take your responsibilities seriously & carry out your duties to the best of your ability.

Seriously, I'm off to make a tin foil hat (a la 'Signs'). It seems the UK government has managed to intercept my thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.