Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

OMG how will the UK cope?

OMG how will the UK cope?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:04 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default OMG how will the UK cope?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7447449.stm.

I know it amused me when I first saw MIlk in a bag but it isn't hard to deal with for gawds sake!!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:09 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG how will the UK cope?

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

I know it amused me when I first saw MIlk in a bag but it isn't hard to deal with for gawds sake!!!
Oh FFS nothing like making something way more difficult than it needs to be.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

That’s disgusting; I couldn’t drink milk from a bag, even though it’s the same milk, Milk needs to come from a bottle or carton lol.

It’s like trying to drink coke from a cup, it’s just wrong!

Mikey
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
That’s disgusting; I couldn’t drink milk from a bag, even though it’s the same milk, Milk needs to come from a bottle or carton lol.

It’s like trying to drink coke from a cup, it’s just wrong!

Mikey
What the hell is wrong with milk in a bag?

Explain please.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:24 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P;
What the hell is wrong with milk in a bag?

Explain please.
It's just not British you know.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

It’s just wrong. It’s a mind thing for me. It could be the same milk from the same cow, half put into a bottle and half put into a bag.

I just couldn’t drink the bag one. It doesn’t belong there. It’s like with coke, if you get a bottle of coke, pour half into a glass and half into a mug, the one in the mug tastes funny (try it, I’m serious). Because coke belongs in a glass, just as Milk belongs in a bottle or a carton.

Mikey
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's just not British you know.
A stupid as it is (not the milk in a bag), that would explain it.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:30 pm

It’s just wrong. It’s a mind thing for me. It could be the same milk from the same cow, half put into a bottle and half put into a bag.

I just couldn’t drink the bag one. It doesn’t belong there. It’s like with coke, if you get a bottle of coke, pour half into a glass and half into a mug, the one in the mug tastes funny (try it, I’m serious). Because coke belongs in a glass, just as Milk belongs in a bottle or a carton.

Mikey
Your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. However different strokes for different folks.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

I think it is too funny that people are getting so 'wound up' about milk in a bag. I've tried it before - can't remember where; might have been Germany - and it was just fine. In my opinion milk is milk. I'll be happy with it no matter what container it comes in.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, would you drink beer from a bag? Or would you prefer it from the Bottle/Tap?

Mikey
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Well, would you drink beer from a bag? Or would you prefer it from the Bottle/Tap?

Mikey
I wouldn't drink beer in any shape or form. Yuck!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheCanes
I wouldn't drink beer in any shape or form. Yuck!

LOL, Then think of a drink you really like, now, would you like to drink it from a bag? Or would you prefer the normal way? The point is that some things just belong in certain containers, that’s just the way it is.

If it aint broken, don’t fix it!

Mikey
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:51 pm

I don't drink beer either but if I did and it came in bags I would have no problem with it.

You don't drink from the bag anyway, you pour it in to an appropriate container then drink it.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:52 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

I saw this on the BBC website this morning and had a rueful chuckle to myself. Now my in-laws (who were dumbfounded by the milk bag when over here last year) will get to experience all the myriad delights of a poorly pouring milk jug.

Biiink - did you ever find milk cartons in any other colour than white?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:55 pm

LOL, Then think of a drink you really like, now, would you like to drink it from a bag? Or would you prefer the normal way? The point is that some things just belong in certain containers, that’s just the way it is.

If it aint broken, don’t fix it!

Mikey
They have been selling milk in bags in Canada for over forty years Canadians don't have a problem with it.

The "If it ain't broken, don’t fix it!" comment no longer holds water, manufacturers are looking for ways to reduce packaging in today's world economy.

Get used to it.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jun 11th 2008 at 5:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.