old

Old Sep 10th 2018, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: old

re "advanced age pregnancies" ........

they weren't so polite in the 1970s.

As I posted above, I was described as "elderly prima" ................. meaning old first pregnancy!
Old Sep 10th 2018, 4:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scilly
re "advanced age pregnancies" ........

they weren't so polite in the 1970s.

As I posted above, I was described as "elderly prima" ................. meaning old first pregnancy!
They were not so polite in the 80's and early 90's either. By the time I was able to meet a consultant for possible help to conceive to full term, I was deemed 'geriatric'. That was his word. I was 37.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 4:47 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

When you can't get an erection or you reminisce about seeing Zed Leppelin.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 4:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Upside to not having kids, is we don't have reminders living with us we are getting older.. At this point if we had a kid, we would be 60 when the kid turned 20, not sure I could spend my 50's raising a teenager.....

And to think my sister has adult kid and is a grandparent........and she is younger then me...... But she always says she feels old, guess being called grandma doesn't help.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:44 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

I became a Grandad January 2016 and I like it . I have two daughters 31 and 28 and they still need my help (I think they do, they may not always agree )
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The big Q to my mind is why there is such negativity abould growing older. It's the one "difference" all of us get to experience yet we are all trying to be/act younger and take it as a compliment if someone thinks we are younger. I studied this for many years and wrote quite a lot about it.
Hopefully your studies also taught you about the risks of viewing any specific age cohort as a homogeneous group. We most certainly do not all try to be/act younger, nor do we all think it's a compliment to be thought younger looking.

My pet hate - the 'beauty' industry. 20-something models extolling the virtues of anti-wrinkle cream. It is to vomit, at so many levels!
Old Sep 10th 2018, 1:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My pet hate - the 'beauty' industry. 20-something models extolling the virtues of anti-wrinkle cream.
What? I thought they were 50-somethings.

It's a bit like those with muscles and 6-packs demonstrating the latest piece of 'home' gym equipment that folds up under your bed (and stays there) as if they didn't already look like that.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us have a 6-pack, some of us have a keg.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Some of us have a 6-pack, some of us have a keg.
I know which one I'd prefer to cuddle up to on a cold night. 6 packs and rib cages are overrated.