Oil AB

Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:39 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oil AB

Originally Posted by xxdb
The one prediction I can honestly make is that there is another recession coming sometime in the next five years for all of Canada, not just Calgary. Likely the UK and the US too. Recessions always come. In my lifetime there has been at least one every ten years and sometimes more. But the timing can not be predicted exactly. If you can predict them then you will de facto be rich because recessions are great times to pick up assets on the cheap if you have cash. Are you such a person or are you just trying to be smug about all the people who will lose their shirts in Calgary over the next year?
Really? You're coming across as quite the expert.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxdb
Are you such a person or are you just trying to be smug about all the people who will lose their shirts in Calgary over the next year?
Neither, I'm just a bit surprised that people get settled in Alberta or, indeed, Canada generally. If work took you to Nigeria and then the price of oil changed so you had to come home, surely you wouldn't be distressed over the state of the Nigerian economy. Desolate places, short stays, Norfolk beckons and life goes on.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Neither, I'm just a bit surprised that people get settled in Alberta or, indeed, Canada generally. If work took you to Nigeria and then the price of oil changed so you had to come home, surely you wouldn't be distressed over the state of the Nigerian economy. Desolate places, short stays, Norfolk beckons and life goes on.
Yeah. I think that's a very sensible way to look at things and is exactly where I'm at. I don't really *want* to move again because it's a hassle. But if I have to it's fine.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Fort McMurray is drying up or should I say shutting down.

Fort McMurray braces for impact of oil price drop - Edmonton - CBC News
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 2:06 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Loonie went on holiday today. Good thing manufacturing will take off....