Oh So Quiet.......

Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh So Quiet.......

I dont usually post anything that I can be taken to task for.
I really dont understand why you seem to ignore the fact that some people on here obviously have a problem with a moderator or moderators.
You just seem to close ranks instead of addressing this problem.
I have not done this as a PM because I am sure that other members would like to know the answer.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:15 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Don't bother Val it is pointless I've tried explaining to them on numerous occasions (nicely I might add) that they come across wrong, make stupid decisions constantly and generally rub people the wrong way but they never listen, so as they say get used to it or get lost...
But on the other hand, the trains are never late.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
I really dont understand why you seem to ignore the fact that some people on here obviously have a problem with a moderator or moderators.
Of course they have a problem with us, heaven forbid they should actually follow site rules when they could be belittling newbies or acting like 8 year olds!

There will always be some that have problems with us mods, but there are many others who are much happier with the forum these days and feel they can finally post without fear of cyber bullying.

Can't please all of the people all of the time..................
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:18 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Of course they have a problem with us, heaven forbid they should actually follow site rules when they could be belittling newbies or acting like 8 year olds.

There will always be some that have problems with us mods, but there are many others who are much happier with the forum these days and feel they can finally post without fear of cyber bullying.

Can't please all of the people all of the time..................
CO YOU BELITTLE PEOPLE MORE THAN ANYONE ON BE

Please check a thread entitled spiders in saskatoon.

Or better yet check what page 4??? of this thread.

The reason why we have problems with you 2 is because you are nothing more than hypocrites.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
I dont usually post anything that I can be taken to task for.
You just seem to close ranks instead of addressing this problem.
I have not done this as a PM because I am sure that other members would like to know the answer.
If we were ignoring it would this thread be here still?

Of course some people on here have a problem, or get rubbed "the wrong way". Is there a way to say "Im not going to let you post that", or "Post that again and I will ban you?" that wont piss people off? No one wants to hear that. But show me a moderator that thinks everyone loves them and I'll show you a moderator who is delusional!

As a mod we cant please all the people all the time, its just not part of the job description. We simply apply the rules and try and be consistent, but we are only human. Some perceived inconsistency is probably because we dont have the time or inclination to read everything. If a post is reported, it gets our continuing attention, if we post in a thread, it will probably remain on our Radar too. If its one of countless threads that are not reported or which we dont post in, then its possible there is stuff that we might act on if we were aware of it, but no one has drawn our attention to it. Its not a conspiracy.

I've asked for feedback in private, but few people bothers, and the large majority that do are positive and realise that we cant please everyone. I take the not inconsiderable amount of time to explain decisions if people ask, but frankly I now wonder if its worth it. If people have something to say I suggest they say it in private now or else stop with the whining. Any more threads regarding moderation WILL be deleted, enough is enough, this endless discussion has to come to end at some point.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 10th 2009 at 4:13 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:01 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
....this endless discussion has to come to end at some point.
aw - i was hoping they'd push you so far your avatar would turn green and you'd go on a hulk style banning rampage. I bet you've been tempted
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
aw - i was hoping they'd push you so far your avatar would turn green and you'd go on a hulk style banning rampage. I bet you've been tempted
Not really. Sue however has banned brownstar permanently as a result of this thread and other comments he had made in the past. It happened in the night I guess and CO and myself didnt even realise it had happened until FK asked about it

I honestly dont mind discussing moderating issues in private when time allows, and have done so with BS and others in the past. However I dont think anyone really changes their mind as a result of it, but at least everyone knows where they stand as a result, and sometimes good suggestion come from it that we try to take on board.

I do have a problem however when it spills over into the threads on the forum and becomes a distraction from the main reason for this forums existence, whatever that was... So far though none of the usual suspects have taken up the opportunity.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Aaah so it's Lou Ferigno with a hitler style moustache. I did wonder.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Careful what you wish for
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

The likeness is amazing Iain

They say power is an aphrodisiac. Any groupies yet?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Aaah so it's Lou Ferigno with a hitler style moustache. I did wonder.
Who gave the game away? I thought I was in incognito and no one knew what I really looked like. Looks like I'll have to ditch the mustache now.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by fledermaus
The likeness is amazing Iain

They say power is an aphrodisiac. Any groupies yet?
LOL, Sadly I dont think I have that much power. Im torn between the green one and the ban button
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

micknev is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Oh So Quiet.......

re iaink,im fairly new here,but posted recently daring to have a pop at canada,i described some people and their responses as tossers,this was deleted due to this word,i would have thought piss was worse,as i said im new posted 2/3 items in the past,got average feedback,best bit is the info stuff.Just one question,are u guys/girls paid,or volunteers,not had prob with any of u personally,just wondered.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micknev
re iaink,im fairly new here,but posted recently daring to have a pop at canada,i described some people and their responses as tossers,this was deleted due to this word,i would have thought piss was worse,as i said im new posted 2/3 items in the past,got average feedback,best bit is the info stuff.Just one question,are u guys/girls paid,or volunteers,not had prob with any of u personally,just wondered.
Only guessing, but I imagine it was more to do with you directing that word at other forum members, than the fact that it was such an offensive word in its own right Iain wasn't telling anyone to P-off in his post, so it wasn't being used offensively, if you see what I mean?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

For some reason we agreed to do this unpaid. Cant remember every decision made, but I would guess it was probably a lot to do with the context and or directing it at a person or persons. Best to discuss this type of thing in private as and when it comes up if its not clear at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.