Oh So Quiet.......

Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:11 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh So Quiet.......

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You think so? I suspect it will degenerate further.
Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
And why do you think that?
I did warn you...

(And I hope dingbat doesn't really leave - I like her wry posting style)
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

This may be a really dumb question, bearing in mind that i read Butch's last thread but has he gone?? Gutted if he has - he actually did give helpful info and along with some others told it like it was without sugar coating everything!!
I need to check but im sure Steve P posted a couple of days ago too so thats all good!!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:22 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I did warn you...

(And I hope dingbat doesn't really leave - I like her wry posting style)
I can't say I know what kind of style she has or had to be honest

I clearly think enough people have left this forum already...it's not a happy place at all now....
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can you just please let me know why it's ok for you to call BS a brat? Just because he asked for a vulgar comment to be removed you assume he's some sort of child that needs to be talk to in this manner.
No, that's not why I compared him to a brat. It's because he's constantly complaining about us not responding to his every whim instantly.

Sue may have taken 10 mins to delete the vulgarity he complained about, but is that any reason to whinge?!? Surely the woman is allowed to answer the phone or similar. We cannot be online all the time and do the best we can, but sometimes it does take a while for us to respond to reported posts.

He's complained about me not moving threads instantly before too, and according to his 'friends', has been whinging on another website about us not acting instantly on his reports too and accusing us of 'favouritism'.

I'm sorry but it reminds me of my daughter when she's in a strop - throwing toys out of the pram because instant attention isn't given, hence the brat comment!

I was very miffed on Sue's behalf, because once again he seems to be expecting us to jump as soon as he clicks his fingers.

But thank you for asking nicely FK, happy to explain.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:26 pm
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

I clearly think enough people have left this forum already...it's not a happy place at all now....

Aww, don't like to see sad faces, even if you don't ever miss me

I'd send you a tree to cheer you up but I'm all out of gifts for today
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:27 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I know what kind of style she has or had to be honest

It's really not that bad. Take a look at some of threads on the main canada page as there are some good debates going on up there (imo anyway). I reckon you are just looking with 18k+ post jaded boredom.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:30 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Right so lets clarify for everone..............

I moaned because a post by me was deleted because 'it was going off topic' 10-15 before the post I reported was edited, and NOT because it the reported post was not deleted immediately......get your facts right!

Perhaps you need to re read the rules and post within them..........YOU ARE A MODERATOR.

You had no need to post what you did in this thread, it was covered provately by Sue and I last night.................you have stirred the pot and if you read the entire thread you would understand the resentment that people are feeling towards to at the moment. Snide comments, derogatory comments to people in PM's are not what a moderator should be doing. Perhaps I should compare you to something derogatory?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, that's not why I compared him to a brat. It's because he's constantly complaining about us not responding to his every whim instantly.

Sue may have taken 10 mins to delete the vulgarity he complained about, but is that any reason to whinge?!? Surely the woman is allowed to answer the phone or similar. We cannot be online all the time and do the best we can, but sometimes it does take a while for us to respond to reported posts.

He's complained about me not moving threads instantly before too, and according to his 'friends', has been whinging on another website about us not acting instantly on his reports too and accusing us of 'favouritism'.

I'm sorry but it reminds me of my daughter when she's in a strop - throwing toys out of the pram because instant attention isn't given, hence the brat comment!

I was very miffed on Sue's behalf, because once again he seems to be expecting us to jump as soon as he clicks his fingers.

But thank you for asking nicely FK, happy to explain.

Last edited by Brownstar; Aug 9th 2009 at 7:35 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:31 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stonedog
Aww, don't like to see sad faces, even if you don't ever miss me

I'd send you a tree to cheer you up but I'm all out of gifts for today
How can I miss you, you pissy mare...you're my neighbour and tree hugger....

Have some cherries and cheer me up...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

..it's not a happy place at all now....
I'm always happy to see you posting!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:34 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

It's really not that bad. Take a look at some of threads on the main canada page as there are some good debates going on up there (imo anyway). I reckon you are just looking with 18k+ post jaded boredom.
Maybe so Alan....but you have to have noticed a shift in this place, it's like out with the old and in with the new....the only thing is, the new aren't knocking on the door or hanging around for long, thats the sad thing....
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
You have 3 moderators for the Canadian forum, all in different time zones. You also have supermoderators, again in different time zones, so whilst it's true that mods have lives and are not around all the time, your excuse in this instance is not valid - or if it is, someone is not doing their job properly. I would also suggest you also keep site rule 1 in mind., it applies to moderators as well as other members of the forum
Nope, 3 Canada mods but Iaink only has internet access at work, so he and I usually coincide timings wise (I tend to log off about 10pm, and he does around the same time when he leaves work). Plus the supermods don't act on 'minor reports', only major stuff. So it can sometimes be 8 hours before any mod will look at a report I'm afraid, just the nature of it.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:35 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I'm always happy to see you posting!
Your cheques in the post...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:36 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, 3 Canada mods but Iaink only has internet access at work, so he and I usually coincide timings wise (I tend to log off about 10pm, and he does around the same time when he leaves work). Plus the supermods don't act on 'minor reports', only major stuff. So it can sometimes be 8 hours before any mod will look at a report I'm afraid, just the nature of it.
Then there should be more mods
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:38 pm

such petulance, such indignation, such entertainment (for me at least)
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Your cheques in the post...
Just send Candian Tire money! My wife keeps the real money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.